ADVERTISEMENT

Who wants some of this?

Agree this would be my #1 choice. JC has done a great job with perimeter players. Oscar would be that key piece in the middle. A beast on the boards, powerful finisher around the rim and the first true rim protector we have had in years.

The #1 skill he has (and it is a skill) is this kid plays every game like his life depends on it. He goes all out every time on the court.

Agree this would be my #1 choice. JC has done a great job with perimeter players. Oscar would be that key piece in the middle. A beast on the boards, powerful finisher around the rim and the first true rim protector we have had in years.

The #1 skill he has (and it is a skill) is this kid plays every game like his life depends on it. He goes all out every time on the court.
odds of getting him?

Scrantonicitylll, idk but it seems imo it will come down to Pitt and WVU. I read an interview where he said something along the lines to not assume he is a WVU lock. Like all recruits he seems to really like JC and even talked about how “we” meaning him and other recruits can turn Pitt around. With JC I like our chances. I believe he was just on campus yesterday.

Toney was a V-tech "Lock" until he wasn't :D

Scrantonicitylll, idk but it seems imo it will come down to Pitt and WVU. I read an interview where he said something along the lines to not assume he is a WVU lock. Like all recruits he seems to really like JC and even talked about how “we” meaning him and other recruits can turn Pitt around. With JC I like our chances. I believe he was just on campus yesterday.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Welp, that was fun while it lasted.

Eh... I wouldn't go there.

He is a Top 50 type kid so of course the big boys were going to be involved.

We'll see what happens but Capel has been on him early and he really seems to like Capel so I think Pitt has as good a shot as anyone.

Certainly not going to be easy though.

Welp, that was fun while it lasted.

Eh... I wouldn't go there.

He is a Top 50 type kid so of course the big boys were going to be involved.

We'll see what happens but Capel has been on him early and he really seems to like Capel so I think Pitt has as good a shot as anyone.

Certainly not going to be easy though.

The last West African who committed to KU (Cheikh Diallo) over us sure had a memorable career in Lawrence.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/201...-enjoys-visit-has-pitt-in-top-two-jeff-capel/

Don’t know if we can post links from PSN but looks like Oscar enjoyed his visit yesterday.

-He visited Pitt. He's visiting Pitt again. And he "might" visit a few other schools. Not hard to read between the lines here, its been a Pitt vs WV battle for a while, and it might be a Pitt vs anyone else battle in the end. Pitt leads for Oscar and may lead for Gantt too. That's two Top 50 players in 2019 we look to be in the drivers seat for.

Or maybe let's start to celebrate the fact that the kids Capel is going after are also going to have offers from the likes of KU, Louisville, UNC, etc... I think it's great to see him starting at the top of the funnel and shooting big.
Gotta win some of these battles or you might end up with Plan D prospects. Well, that's what happened to Dixon when he went after bigger dogs. Capel recruit better. Maybe Plan C, or B for Capel. I skipped Stallings for obvious reasons.

Gotta win some of these battles or you might end up with Plan D prospects. Well, that's what happened to Dixon when he went after bigger dogs. Capel recruit better. Maybe Plan C, or B for Capel. I skipped Stallings for obvious reasons.
True. Pitt may not be the favorite to win many of the battles against the big dogs, but Capel sure gives us the best chance we've had. Plus, like Gretzky said 100% of the shots you don't take aren't goals.

Reactions: ScrantonicityIII
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT