ADVERTISEMENT

Why Narduzzi never lost the locker room

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
If you’re looking for an explanation or an answer as to how Narduzzi never lost the locker room after an embarrassment to UNC or a shellacking to UCF, look no further than this video. The first minute is all you need to know.

He’s talking about Senior Day and how it’ll be the last time he gets to see Ollison on top of the ladder directing the band, and he’s on the verge of tears. He’s emotionally invested in this team and these players, and it showed right there. When you have that bond with your team and your players, it’s much more easier to get through rough spots.

Forget about his coaching. We’re lucky to have a guy like Narduzzi at the helm of this team. H2P.

Last edited:
He said “we have two guaranteed wins.” It’s nice to know he thinks that but I bet his saying it was an accident.

I’d you’re looking for an explanation or an answer as to how Narduzzi never lost the locker room after an embarrassment to UNC or a shellacking to UCF, look no further than this video. The first minute is all you need to know.

He’s talking about Senior Day and how it’ll be the last time he gets to see Ollison on top of the ladder directing the band, and he’s on the verge of tears. He’s emotionally invested in this team and these players, and it showed right there. When you have that bond with your team and your players, it’s much more easier to get through rough spots.

Forget about his coaching. We’re lucky to have a guy like Narduzzi at the helm of this team. H2P.

Contrast this to PC who bid his time until Wisconsin and Graham who was available to the highest bidder.

Its clear to anyone following this team that he wants to be here, and that certainly resonates with the players

Zeise said on his show the players love him!
I happened to hear this as well. I had wondered what Paul's impression was based upon Elijah's experience and was thinking he wouldn't comment much but he clearly said players love playing for him and they know he has their back.

H2P!!!

I happened to hear this as well. I had wondered what Paul's impression was based upon Elijah's experience and was thinking he wouldn't comment much but he clearly said players love playing for him and they know he has their back.

H2P!!!
I think it says even more if it were Elijah's experience, because he was not happy at all when he was switched to LB by Narduzzi. In fact, his Dad has commented that he asked Elijah if he wanted him to help him find a new school.

If Pitt cheated like the other football powers, Narduzzi would win big here.

Jmho,

It’s not all about game mgt and X’Os, in recruiting its about the dinero....

Reactions: TD_6082
Zeise said on his show the players love him!

It’s pretty clear they do and they play their tails off for him. Zeise would know of course. But some wanna be experts said the players hate him and it’s really bad blah blah. Don’t hear those guys making up crap anymore.

It’s pretty clear they do and they play their tails off for him. Zeise would know of course. But some wanna be experts said the players hate him and it’s really bad blah blah. Don’t hear those guys making up crap anymore.

Lol Yeah they are posting under the positive Pitt fan handle now.

Who was the dope that said Ford was gone and there was going to be a mass exodus ?

I’d you’re looking for an explanation or an answer as to how Narduzzi never lost the locker room after an embarrassment to UNC or a shellacking to UCF, look no further than this video. The first minute is all you need to know.

This is why the are going to go down to Wake and win Saturday - not a knock at all on Wake.

Just that this team is so united, together and committed. It feels like the 05 Steelers, where the team rallied around Jerome (ex. when they were boarding the plan to go to Detroit for the SB, everyone had ordered and were wearing Bettis Notre Dame jerseys).

In Jim's story about the Ollison run, Hall had talked to Ollison before they went out on the field and told him to House it, that if anyone was going to break his record he wanted it be Ollison.

IMO - that geeked up Ollison to make that epic stiff arm to get him to the endzone.

Lol Yeah they are posting under the positive Pitt fan handle now.

Who was the dope that said Ford was gone and there was going to be a mass exodus ?

True haha.

Forget his name but he has nothing to say now. But like most teams we will have a few players transfer/move on, etc in the off-season and these experts will blame PN. SMH.

Reactions: JSSTartan
This is why the are going to go down to Wake and win Saturday - not a knock at all on Wake.

Just that this team is so united, together and committed. It feels like the 05 Steelers, where the team rallied around Jerome (ex. when they were boarding the plan to go to Detroit for the SB, everyone had ordered and were wearing Bettis Notre Dame jerseys).

In Jim's story about the Ollison run, Hall had talked to Ollison before they went out on the field and told him to House it, that if anyone was going to break his record he wanted it be Ollison.

IMO - that geeked up Ollison to make that epic stiff arm to get him to the endzone.

You may not believe this but I told my son before that play that they are going to ice the cake and take this one to the house for a 97 yard TD.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
If you’re looking for an explanation or an answer as to how Narduzzi never lost the locker room after an embarrassment to UNC or a shellacking to UCF, look no further than this video. The first minute is all you need to know.

He never lost the locker room because he is honest, and never wavered from his message to his team or the way he treats them as individuals. In other words he is just a good man.

Given his emotional investment, you'd think he'd be able to recruit more effectively.

Given his emotional investment, you'd think he'd be able to recruit more effectively.

Yeah, he seems like someone you'd want to play for. Totally agree.

But he admits he doesn't really like recruiting. His coaching staff isn't full of recruiting aces. His facilities aren't really special nor is the game day atmosphere. WPIAL isn't what it used to be. His midwest connections haven't converted into Ohio/Michigan recruiting successes. I am not making excuses, it's just a lot of things to go uphill against. Hopefully the shift to Florida pans out and we can land some the of the graduate transfers WVU has been getting.

Yeah, he seems like someone you'd want to play for. Totally agree.

But he admits he doesn't really like recruiting. His coaching staff isn't full of recruiting aces. His facilities aren't really special nor is the game day atmosphere. WPIAL isn't what it used to be. His midwest connections haven't converted into Ohio/Michigan recruiting successes. I am not making excuses, it's just a lot of things to go uphill against. Hopefully the shift to Florida pans out and we can land some the of the graduate transfers WVU has been getting.

I think the “Duzz doesn’t like recruiting” stuff is way over blown. I saw him complain about the advantages some schools have and the rule changes that require more tome be devoted to recruiting rather than player and program development but that doesn’t equat to not likening recruiting to me

I also don’t think there is any HC that enjoys endless hours of kissing 18 year olds behind. You don’t have to like to but recognize it’s imortance And work at it. The response from most recruits that I’ve seen is they really like him and he is “real”.

Let’s also be honest Pitt isn’t an easy sell. As most of are fans will gladly tell you it’s a stepping stone job, no legit P5 coach would be interested, Heinz field sucks and our fans don’t show up.

To get recruiting to the level that many here expect it will take time to build the program back up by identify and developing kids with upside. It’s a long process and we’ll see in the next few years if that will work

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT