ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wade to the Ville

Hopefully for Louisville, its better than his coaching career.

1 sweet 16 going on 11 years. And Louisville is supposed to be one of the best jobs in the country.

Maybe we see Dior Johnson in Louisville next year, this is a win at all costs hire.

Will didn't even play in high school.

Only 5 years coaching in a major conference. 2 in the A-10.

Kenny Payne is such a bad coach, lets say Slippery Rock opened up and he expressed interest in coaching there, do you make that hire? I wouldn't. I dont think he is even a D2 level coach and Louisville made him rich.

Now do Jeff Capel.
Jeff Capel took an 0-18 Pitt that is probably middle of the conference or worse in NIL money to to respectability currently. The story isn't done being written, for good or bad but I think it's a promising trajectory.

Wade did a great job at McNeese. At LSU, with all that money and his huge contract? Relatively disappointing I think. The NCAA is also requiring hiring an additional compliance officer to any school hiring him apparently. For McNeese that was a real expense to add an FTE. Obviously not for s big time school.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Jeff Capel took an 0-18 Pitt that is probably middle of the conference or worse in NIL money to to respectability currently. The story isn't done being written, for good or bad but I think it's a promising trajectory.

Wade did a great job at McNeese. At LSU, with all that money and his huge contract? Relatively disappointing I think. The NCAA is also requiring hiring an additional compliance officer to any school hiring him apparently. For McNeese that was a real expense to add an FTE. Obviously not for s big time school.
Wade paid for himself at McNeese with the exposure of the program and college.

As for our NIL, I think we're in the top half of the ACC and not quite as poor as you think. Could be wrong. We will find out if we retain Lowe, Bub and Leggett just how serious Alliance412 is about hoops. That would have to cost around 1.2 total minimum you would think.

Good outcome for the conference, will be tough to go against. Wade + legal NIL means strong basketball.
I know we're still very early in this NIL thing, but compared to where we were a few years ago, do guys like Wade now have additional advantage over the rest of the field or does legal NIL flatten those advantages?

I know we're still very early in this NIL thing, but compared to where we were a few years ago, do guys like Wade now have additional advantage over the rest of the field or does legal NIL flatten those advantages?
Let's ask Sean Miller who orchestrated the 2nd worst Xavier season in my lifetime without the Book advantage...

• Haha
Reactions: LGP1989

Jeff Capel should have been fired after year four. Period. This isn't football. Utah State just brought in an entirely new roster and got an 8 seed.

I'm not anti Capel now or claiming he should be fired now. I'm just pointing out that his career accomplishments kind of suck, so Vader poo pooing Will Wade is a little hypocritical.

Wade paid for himself at McNeese with the exposure of the program and college.

As for our NIL, I think we're in the top half of the ACC and not quite as poor as you think. Could be wrong. We will find out if we retain Lowe, Bub and Leggett just how serious Alliance412 is about hoops. That would have to cost around 1.2 total minimum you would think.

If Bub goes pro, I dont think that is a knock against A412. If we lose Lowe and Leggett to similar programs, then alarm balls go off.

Jeff Capel should have been fired after year four. Period. This isn't football. Utah State just brought in an entirely new roster and got an 8 seed.

I'm not anti Capel now or claiming he should be fired now. I'm just pointing out that his career accomplishments kind of suck, so Vader poo pooing Will Wade is a little hypocritical.

Your opinion on Capel is valid even if I dont agree with it but you cant use a Mountain West team as an example. We can get a bunch of us old dudes and enter a team in that league and game our way to an NCAA bid.

Your opinion on Capel is valid even if I dont agree with it but you cant use a Mountain West team as an example. We can get a bunch of us old dudes and enter a team in that league and game our way to an NCAA bid.

You don't agree that he did a putrid job in the first four seasons? Aren't you the one who coined the term "Capel 3?"

I don't dislike him at all, and I've defended him in the 1 NCAAT appearance in 6 seasons discussion (I think you kind of have to restart the clock beginning with the 2022-2023 season). But no way most P4 programs with any ounce of expectations don't axe him after those first four seasons... or at least after those early blowout losses against WVU and Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT