ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the Mountain West again

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
They are projected to get 6 and maybe 7 if 4 seed and host UNLV wins it.

These are the league's Q1/2 wins in the non-con

20 San Diego St
Q1 SMC (neutral), @ Gonzaga
Q2 Washington (neutral), 2 1 point wins vs UC Irvine and @ UC San Diego

24 Boise State
Q1 SMC (neutral)
Q2 VCU (neutral), San Francisco

29 New Mexico
Q1 none
Q2 UC Irvine

31 Nevada
Q1 @ Washington, TCU (neutral)
Q2 none

33 Utah State
Q1 none
Q2 UC Irvine, San Francisco (neutral even though it was in the Jazz arena), @ Santa Clara

36 Colorado State
Q1 Creighton (neutral), Colorado
Q2 Washington (neutral), Boston College (neutral)

Its just so odd that this league is projected to get 55% of their league in when all they really did in the non-con was beat Washington, San Francisco, SMC, and UC Irvine. I've been saying they are gaming the NET and this is further proof. Their NETs were so good in December that when January rolls around, every game is a Q1. I hope the committee isnt as stupid as I think they are

20 San Diego St

24 Boise State
Q1 SMC (neutral)

29 New Mexico
Q1 none
Q2 UC Irvine

31 Nevada
Q2 none

33 Utah State
Q1 none
Q2 UC Irvine, San Francisco (neutral even though it was in the Jazz arena), @ Santa Clara

36 Colorado State

Its just so odd that this league is projected to get 55% of their league in when all they really did in the non-con was beat Washington, San Francisco, SMC, and UC Irvine. I've been saying they are gaming the NET and this is further proof. Their NETs were so good in December that when January rolls around, every game is a Q1. I hope the committee isnt as stupid as I think they are
Exactly

That case really doesn’t help Pitt though
@WVU and Oregon State (neutral) who doesn’t have any quad 1/2 OOC…

That case really doesn’t help Pitt though
@WVU and Oregon State (neutral) who doesn’t have any quad 1/2 OOC…

That wasnt my point though. The ACC, in theory, doesnt need to play as many big OOC games because they get good games in conference. The Mountain West didn't win much in the OOC but STILL had great NETs so every game was a Quad 1 in Jan/Feb. They are gaming and I hope the committee sees through it.

20 San Diego St

24 Boise State
Q1 SMC (neutral)

29 New Mexico
Q1 none
Q2 UC Irvine

31 Nevada
Q2 none

33 Utah State
Q1 none

36 Colorado State

If UNLV wins the tournament they will take one of the others bids, no chance they get 7.

The Mountain West has nobody close to UNC and Duke at the top of their league talent wise and their bottom 3 teams are equal to Louisville. Teams 3 to 8 is an overall advantage to the ACC. Clemson already pounded Boise St and beat Nevada. VT beat Boise St.

The MWC is getting way more hype than they deserve.

Reactions: gary2
The Mountain West has nobody close to UNC and Duke at the top of their league talent wise and their bottom 3 teams are equal to Louisville. Teams 3 to 8 is an overall advantage to the ACC. Clemson already pounded Boise St and beat Nevada. VT beat Boise St.

The MWC is getting way more hype than they deserve.

All of those teams are equal to VT, Syr, NC St, FSU. They all gamed the NET and all became each other's Q1 wins. None of those teams are even as good as Pitt, Wake, UVa, Clem

Nevada and Boise St. tied for 2nd in their conference. They were 0-3 vs Clemson and VT.
How did this shit start?

I remember not all that long ago the SEC was devalued.

The last 2-3 years it has been the ACC.

When does the Big 10 get to take its turn?

It seems like Jon Rothstein in particular, who commentates for CBS Sports, has been pumping them up a lot.

CBS LOVES the Mountain West. I listen to the CBS podcast and those guys are in love. They call it like the most exciting conference in the country. I just hope the committee isnt stupid. I'd put 4 in. That's it and that's being extremely generous. I'd look at their non-cons and say "well, what did you really do to warrant these NETs?"

Reactions: str61166
CBS LOVES the Mountain West. I listen to the CBS podcast and those guys are in love. They call it like the most exciting conference in the country. I just hope the committee isnt stupid. I'd put 4 in. That's it and that's being extremely generous. I'd look at their non-cons and say "well, what did you really do to warrant these NETs?"
It’s because they televise their games. If the situation was reversed, then the ACC would be looking at 6 spots without question.

They never really seem to do well in the tournament too aside from SDSU’s run last year.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
How did this shit start?

I remember not all that long ago the SEC was devalued.

The last 2-3 years it has been the ACC.

When does the Big 10 get to take its turn?
You would think that at some point performance in the tournament would actually matter. They will probably all be gone by the end of the 1st weekend like pretty much the past few years, but, I'm sure the committee will be very proud to tell you they got it right.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
They never really seem to do well in the tournament too aside from SDSU’s run last year.

They stink it up in the tournament. San Diego State beat a 12, 13, 1, 6, and 9 to get to the final. Bama was a nice win but they weren't some superhuman 1 seed. The rest of the teams they beat werent that good.

Reactions: str61166
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT