ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s season over…

MajorMajors

All American
Sep 29, 2002
Pitt women lost to GT 73-60 in the ACC tourney. Didn’t see the game but they were only down one going into the 4th quarter.

Nice to see Malcolm finish the season on a high note. She scored 16 points shooting 6 for 8 overall and 4 for 6 from three.

Now Coach Verdi and the staff really have to get down to work…

Go Pitt.

Reactions: smitty464
Pitt had a one point lead at about the seven minute mark. But after that things didn't go well. They were down five with 2:43 left when Bella Perkins hit a three to cut the lead to two. And then GT outscored Pitt 13-2 over the rest of the game.

Killer was that in the first half Liatu King played 18 minutes and was 0-5 from the field, 0 points, 1 rebound. She scored 15 points in the second half on 7-11 from the field with five second half rebounds, so she played a lot better in the second half. But she couldn't get going at all in the first half.

Both Washenitz and Jordan did not play due to injury,

Possibly a larger rebuild than the one Capel inherited?

It's close. They have one high level player in Liatu King, but she is a senior with one year of eligibility left and she walked on senior day, so I assume that if she plays college basketball next year it will not be at Pitt.

They need a ton of help next year. They need to hit the portal hard.

Surprised to see that both Malcolm and Perkins had good shooting games. And the turnovers weren’t bad. But GT shot and made a ton more foul shots than Pitt did…

Go Pitt.

Reactions: VincePITT
Just read Malcolm’s comments after the game. She said something like - “We put in plays to get me open. My teammates made the extra pass to get me open.”

Sounds encouraging, but did anyone see the game and I’m wondering whether Aislin getting open looked any different from what we’ve pretty much seen all season?

Go Pitt.

you just can’t help yourself can you?
Wow
Even down to the last game and now we are ripping a players words apart

Garyz, please don’t read my posts with a pre-determined opinion. As I stated, I was encouraged by AM’s quote - I root for her.

I was just wondering if things actually looked different on the floor. Like did the scheme look any different.

Go Pitt.

Garyz, please don’t read my posts with a pre-determined opinion. As I stated, I was encouraged by AM’s quote - I root for her.

I was just wondering if things actually looked different on the floor. Like did the scheme look any different.

Go Pitt.

If your goal is to always be offended you can pretty much find something to be offended about in just about everything.

i didn't see the whole thing, I was listening on the Pitt app when it started and heard some of it on the ACC channel on SiriusXM in the car on the way home, but what I saw, from early in the second quarter on, it looked pretty similar to what we've seen before.

I think we were taking more outside shots than normal, but I chalked that up to Tech didn't want King to kill them so they were overplaying her, which left others more open on the perimeter. But we were taking more of those shots than normal as well, so maybe that was part of the game plan in any event.

Go Pitt.
I ALWAYS read your quotes, and know fully well that you are a fan of these players
and this program. I didn't see this game and can't speak to "if things looked different
on the floor." I too was encouraged by AM's quote and was glad to hear that Verdi
put in some looks to get her open.

As far as your comment to GaryZ, you're a lot more polite than I am. He's proven
over and over he knows zilch about bball and only comes on here to push his agenda
on Malcolm and criticize some of us for objective descriptions and our opinions.

Gary, since I assume you're reading this thread, my opinion of you hasn't changed.
I called you out for acting like an asshole, and all you do is continue to prove that
you are in fact that and worse. Major Majors, is a true fan, and has been for years.
Get a life, asshole!

Reactions: MajorMajors
They need a ton of help next year. They need to hit the portal hard.
Yeah, REAL "hard." Its hard to know much about recruiting in women's bball.
Is there a Vader out there who follows this stuff?

I don't have any idea if there will be transfers out of this program, but we need
an infusion of both talent and experience. Verdi has a tough sell, based on what's
happened here the last several seasons. If our present starters are back and still
starting next season, we're IMO in trouble. Of course I exclude King in that
scenario, but her chances of returning are in question. Anyone have a clue on that?

I ALWAYS read your quotes, and know fully well that you are a fan of these players
and this program. I didn't see this game and can't speak to "if things looked different
on the floor." I too was encouraged by AM's quote and was glad to hear that Verdi

As far as your comment to GaryZ, you're a lot more polite than I am. He's proven
over and over he knows zilch about bball and only comes on here to push his agenda
on Malcolm and criticize some of us for objective descriptions and our opinions.

Gary, since I assume you're reading this thread, my opinion of you hasn't changed.
I called you out for acting like an asshole, and all you do is continue to prove that
you are in fact that and worse. Major Majors, is a true fan, and has been for years.
Get a life, asshole!
Again with the name calling
This is called living rent free in chescats brain. 😂😂😂
it is ok I can take it.
As long as it makes you feel better!

what will we do all off season without your words of wisdom. Maybe I will get a life 🤔😉

Get a life, asshole!

Get a life, asshole!
Before I contemplate my life. I would like you to answer a question. Why when you get criticized you get so upset that you resort to name calling. But you think it is ok to criticize using such demeaning words to describe young ladies. I would think you would reflect how defensive you get when some says something negative about you.
And I never called you a name like you call these girls but you got so upset when someone just questions you.
There is a way to criticize/critique without using words like terrible, liability, wrecking ball etc…. As you have proved on here I am sure you are smart enough to figure it out.

You don’t have to demean unless that is your way to feel value

Hopefully I have educated you on human decency.
I have wasted enough time on here

And if any of the girls, girls friends, families pay attention to these boards first of all stop. Second of all do not listen to any of these people on here they do not define who you are.

Going to get a life now!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT