ADVERTISEMENT

Women lose to #4 FSU

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Man, our ladies went toe to toe with FSU, one of the best programs each year in the NCAA.

*lost 1-0

* FSU with a worldie of a goal midway through 2nd half. Half volley goal, great individual effort.

* Pitt had their chances down the stretch and had a foul right outside the box go their way with 2 minutes left. Personally I didn’t see the foul. It looked to me that FSU tackled the ball and the Pitt player tripped over the ball. It went to VAR to see if it was in the box but the decision placed the ball on the 19 yard line. Unfortunate for us, but I think it’s a fair call because again I didn’t see it as a foul to begin with. Coffield hit the bar on the free kick and it was a wonderful attempt from there. I felt bad because she is one of the best kids you’ll ever meet. But again I think it’s fair Pitt didn’t score there.

never thought I’d see the day that Pitt is even footing with a program like FSU. But they are. Just a wonderful job the Waldrums and Dustin have done. It took a worldie individual effort and goal to beat Pitt.

Man, our ladies went toe to toe with FSU, one of the best programs each year in the NCAA.

*lost 1-0

* FSU with a worldie of a goal midway through 2nd half. Half volley goal, great individual effort.

* Pitt had their chances down the stretch and had a foul right outside the box go their way with 2 minutes left. Personally I didn’t see the foul. It looked to me that FSU tackled the ball and the Pitt player tripped over the ball. It went to VAR to see if it was in the box but the decision placed the ball on the 19 yard line. Unfortunate for us, but I think it’s a fair call because again I didn’t see it as a foul to begin with. Coffield hit the bar on the free kick and it was a wonderful attempt from there. I felt bad because she is one of the best kids you’ll ever meet. But again I think it’s fair Pitt didn’t score there.

never thought I’d see the day that Pitt is even footing with a program like FSU. But they are. Just a wonderful job the Waldrums and Dustin have done. It took a worldie individual effort and goal to beat Pitt.
Thanks for the excellent report. I'm going to watch the replay later. 👍

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Yeah I wouldnt say it was a great one. There wasn’t a whole lot of atmosphere and drama. But it was statistically about as even as it could be. It truly is a barometer of where the program is now. If we didn’t lose our best player for the year, we might be a contender.
Yeah, was watching vb, but following this game on Twitter. Sounded like a great one.

Last edited:
I think FSU is not what they were last year or year before. New coach, players left, new system. Not sure what they will do in the tournament, but FSU might not ever retain what they were. Pinsky is a very good coach, but he is not a great coach.
The advantage Pitt has, they continue to improve and have a great staff. I predict Pitt becomes a member of the top tier in ACC in no time. I think UVA, UNC, and Duke will stay too but all of them have coaches that are getting up in years. When these coaches have been there for over 25 years, you just don’t know who can take it over and keep momentum going.
Pitt is in a very good place for the future.

Reactions: mike412 and Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT