ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL TV

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

CW showing 10 games but obviously do not have the resources to televise the WPIAL finals because online pay per view streamer NFS Network is televising them for the 88 people who will buy the games.

CW showing 10 games but obviously do not have the resources to televise the WPIAL finals because online pay per view streamer NFS Network is televising them for the 88 people who will buy the games.

I think you'd be surprised by how many people have NFHS. I love it. Pretty inexpensive, too.

Reactions: NNFAN
I can't get into high school sports, unless my alma mater is one of the teams in the game. I do have a cousin who has no kids involved who has NFHS, but he is a high school teacher and former football coach.

Doesn't help me. My CW originates in Altoona. Plus I already have the NFHS network. It is a good deal if you are into high school sports. More people have it than you think.

Reactions: pittdan77
I guess I am a degenerate then. I guess that beats being an a$$hole like you.
Here, give this to SMF. He collects them.

EasyEmotionalJoey-size_restricted.gif

I guess I am a degenerate then. I guess that beats being an a$$hole like you.

Yes. If you pay to watch HS sports streamed by an iphone camera with 15 year old announcemers, you are a degenerate. I am sorry but it is true. So many better sports viewing options for free than paying to watch Bethel Park play Baldwin.

I think you'd be surprised by how many people have NFHS. I love it. Pretty inexpensive, too.
I agree NFHS is good. I just wish the audio was better and their were announcers. Maybe the WPIAL
I agree NFHS is good. I just wish the audio was better and their were announcers. Maybe the WPIAL finals will have announcers.

Now if NFHS would takeover televising the PIAA football and basketball finals I would be very happy.

FTP,
NGF

Reactions: pittdan77
I agree NFHS is good. I just wish the audio was better and their were announcers. Maybe the WPIAL finals will have announcers.

Now if NFHS would takeover televising the PIAA football and basketball finals I would be very happy.
The announcers are up to the school. Our local school has a couple of volunteers who do a good job with football.

Unfortunately, the goofy state channel does the championships. I purchased a single month for the PIAA football championships so my dad and I could watch.

They watch the replays. Nobody buys NFHS except for a few degenerates who pay to watch HS games broadcast by an iPhone.
Perhaps some do. There are a lot of people who can't sit out in the cold or climb bleachers that still enjoy HS sports. Can't justify traveling to away games or want to watch a team that isn't local. You know, real world problems.

Reactions: mike 301
Perhaps some do. There are a lot of people who can't sit out in the cold or climb bleachers that still enjoy HS sports. Can't justify traveling to away games or want to watch a team that isn't local. You know, real world problems.

I cannot fathom paying money to watch a public access channel-level production for local HS sports on your cell phone if you arent related to a player.

Reactions: briano25
Yes. If you pay to watch HS sports streamed by an iphone camera with 15 year old announcemers, you are a degenerate. I am sorry but it is true. So many better sports viewing options for free than paying to watch Bethel Park play Baldwin.
I have always been a big fan of my local high school. I used to go to all football and hoops games. Now that I am older with some leg problems I no longer go to away games. I am able to sit at home and watch most away games on my 47 inch TV streamed thru my computer. In addition I have access to most other high school games. All this for less than 80 bucks a year. So if your arrogance doesn’t allow you to partake, that’s on you. There are people out there who see the world differently than you, thank the Lord.

I like watching them, just wish they'd mix up the schedule a bit more.
Pretty much the exact same schools every year.

I cannot fathom paying money to watch a public access channel-level production for local HS sports on your cell phone if you arent related to a player.
I'm sorry you don't own a television but it could explain why you don't understand how TV works in the broader discussion about sports revenue. Anyway, it's a pretty convenient way to catch games.

I've watched my alma mater on free Facebook streams on a laptop streamed to my TV, it's just one camera and the announcers are guys I knew in high school, and if I comment they give me a shoutout, it's totally Western PA Yinzer level production, I love it :)

Reactions: HOF Coach
The Trib did a good job streaming the games, so I was disappointed they lost coverage of the championships. I can't imagine enough will pay for the service to cover the cost the WPIAL charges for broadcasting the finals.

They watch the replays. Nobody buys NFHS except for a few degenerates who pay to watch HS games broadcast by an iPhone.
I have NFHS during the HS season, then drop it after. Access to hundreds of games and teams. Not only do I watch my favorite HS team (out of state) but I can also watch players that have committed to Pitt. Looking at a highlight tape doesn't give you as good of a measure of a player's abilities. Any diehard HS fan or college recruiting nut would love NFHS. And there are thousands of people that follow football recruiting. I watch on my large screen desktop.

The quality varies from school to school. Some broadcasts are really good.

Because the WPIAL is too broke and stupid to televise their football championships, the Steelers got a couple sponsors, a couple video cameras, and announcers and are televising the 1A-4A finals on KDKA+. With these games being televised again, I think the WPIAL should go back to playing the games the week before so that 3A-6A can play at Acrisure. This would mean only an 8 team playoff for 3A and 4A with their winners getting a bye week until the PIAA semis. And 1A & 2A playing at the Norwin International Stadium the next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT