ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling recruiting rankings.

This is waaaay off-topic for Pitt wrestling, but some of you may be interested, so.....

Dalton Macri is on the move. (compliments of the Washington Observer-Reporter)

The former state wrestling champion from Canon-McMillan High School is transferring from Cornell to the University of North Carolina.

Macri, who won the 126-pound Class AAA title for the Big Macs in 2014, will wrestle at 125 pounds for the Tar Heels, who are coached by former Waynesburg and Oklahoma State great Coleman Scott.

Injuries have derailed Macri’s college career. Last season, he was injured in the first period of his first match and missed the remainder of the season. At UNC, Macri will have three seasons of eligibility remaining.

“I was just unhappy being at Cornell and didn’t feel like it was the right fit for me anymore,” Macri told FloWrestling. “I started to feel like I lost my passion for the sport in February and it just grew as time went on. But I attributed it to where I was and not the sport itself.”

Macri was an NCAA qualifier as a freshman after finishing fourth at the EIWA tournament. He earned a wildcard bid into the NCAA Division I Tournament, where he had one of the biggest upsets in the first round when he defeated Oregon State’s Ronnie Bresser.

Having Scott, a three-time state champion, NCAA champion and Olympic gold medalist, as a workout partner will help. But North Carolina brought in a strong freshman recruiting class.

A.C. Headlee, a state champion from Waynesburg, also is on the Tar Heels’ roster at 133 pounds.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/20170623/cornellx2019s_macri_transfers_to_unc

This is waaaay off-topic for Pitt wrestling, but some of you may be interested, so.....

Dalton Macri is on the move. (compliments of the Washington Observer-Reporter)

The former state wrestling champion from Canon-McMillan High School is transferring from Cornell to the University of North Carolina.

Macri, who won the 126-pound Class AAA title for the Big Macs in 2014, will wrestle at 125 pounds for the Tar Heels, who are coached by former Waynesburg and Oklahoma State great Coleman Scott.

Injuries have derailed Macri’s college career. Last season, he was injured in the first period of his first match and missed the remainder of the season. At UNC, Macri will have three seasons of eligibility remaining.

“I was just unhappy being at Cornell and didn’t feel like it was the right fit for me anymore,” Macri told FloWrestling. “I started to feel like I lost my passion for the sport in February and it just grew as time went on. But I attributed it to where I was and not the sport itself.”

Macri was an NCAA qualifier as a freshman after finishing fourth at the EIWA tournament. He earned a wildcard bid into the NCAA Division I Tournament, where he had one of the biggest upsets in the first round when he defeated Oregon State’s Ronnie Bresser.

Having Scott, a three-time state champion, NCAA champion and Olympic gold medalist, as a workout partner will help. But North Carolina brought in a strong freshman recruiting class.

A.C. Headlee, a state champion from Waynesburg, also is on the Tar Heels’ roster at 133 pounds.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/20170623/cornellx2019s_macri_transfers_to_unc
Hope this wasn't the wrestler who was possibly transferring to Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT