ADVERTISEMENT

WVU not much competition.

Somerset Panther

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
So far a 12-0 after three first matches. Extra points by Newell, Tech fall for Mickey. Shut out win at 141. Kemerer 11-9 at 49. Sort of ran out of gas at end.

Anybody else think that Nino sometimes looks like Michael Corleone?

WVU has gotten embarrassingly bad but Flynn will get them better if given enough time he is a good coach

Lopsided score but some very entertaining matches. Especially Hornfeck and Talib at 157, Joll and Harvey at 174, Stout at 197. Lots of Wpial and Western pa guys on both sides.

I didn’t see any coverage this morning in the Tribune or Postgazette. Despite all of the local angles. Also no coverage of Pitt/Ohio State.

is Pitt athletic communications doing enough with the local media for wrestling?

Lopsided score but some very entertaining matches. Especially Hornfeck and Talib at 157, Joll and Harvey at 174, Stout at 197. Lots of Wpial and Western pa guys on both sides.

I didn’t see any coverage this morning in the Tribune or Postgazette. Despite all of the local angles. Also no coverage of Pitt/Ohio State.

is Pitt athletic communications doing enough with the local media for wrestling?
That’s unfortunate. There’s more than enough interest in high school wrestling that certainly transfers over to NCAA wrestling.

I know that the NCAA tournament remains an elusive (hard-to-get) ticket for Western PA wrestling fans. It’s been a “I have a connection to get tickets...” event for a long time.

Reactions: jctrack
That’s unfortunate. There’s more than enough interest in high school wrestling that certainly transfers over to NCAA wrestling.

I know that the NCAA tournament remains an elusive (hard-to-get) ticket for Western PA wrestling fans. It’s been a “I have a connection to get tickets...” event for a long time.
They did mention it on 93.7 this morning in their sports news update.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT