ADVERTISEMENT

www.newpittstadium.com

Please stop trotting out this ridiculously juvenile "plan" every time someone includes Oakland and Stadium in the same sentence.

That "plan" has been debunked over and over again as at best a highschool level project and at worst the product of a long night of tinfoil hats and Doritos in someone's basement.

Enough of the "GSPIA" label. The "consulting firm" acknowledged on the website doesn't exist.

Just stop.

Why would anyone believe you? The Consulting firm exists in Philadelphia. GSPIA did the plan, and the drawings are at www.newpittstadium.com. And the tin foil is in your kitchen. Let's all not be juvenile? I agree. I suggest you take the first step. And look at the athletic facilities footprint at the website. It's big boy stuff. Don't reach and get hurt.

A more professional, architect's rendition:

177.jpg

Didn't get that Lego set when you were a kid? I'm sorry. Whatever that is needs your counselor to evaluate. Lolol

This specific plan, maybe. The general topic of a stadium, I think you are incorrect. Lots of reasonable Pitt fans are interested in talking about it.
Yes, I'll say it 1000 times if get through these morons' thick skulls: People that post this tired idiotic shit EVERY OTHER F**KING DAY ARE MAJOR F**ING IDIOTS OR DUMPSTER TROLLS.

They show zero ability to process information or deal with reality, literally, the same people day after day, week after week, year after year. It plays right into every recruiting adversary's playbook. They are morons. Major f*cking morons. No stadium is coming. Deal with f***ing reality.

LOLOLOL Football runs the show no matter how irrational you rant and curse. And the stadium is on you. I think I read where you posted the schematic drawing from the GSPIA plan and it appears now at www.newpittstadium.com. Thanks Crazy.

LOLOLOL Football runs the show no matter how irrational you rant and curse. And the stadium is on you. I think I read where you posted the schematic drawing from the GSPIA plan and it appears now at www.newpittstadium.com. Thanks Crazy.
NO, the revenue from football is merely a speck compared to the $3 BILLION endowment. Got it? Why you and others think football is the biggest show in Oakland never ceases to amaze me.

Reactions: Pitt MD
This reminds me of the various grassroots attempts to get an NBA team into Pittsburgh. So many people had "a plan"...and they're still waiting.

Some folks don't realize that simply having a passion for something isn't enough. It's not like we can close our eyes, click our heels together three times, and shout "Pitt Stadium" over and over so that it will magically happen.

Pitt has as much chance of getting the Victoria's Secret Angels to be cheerleaders for a season as it does to build an on-campus stadium in our lifetimes.

Where do you have the trolley line to Oakland? I think it would be a great idea actually. Students, 45 freakin hospitals, the need is there, tons of commuters. Can't do the street cars like beech view. Underground is too big a project. An elevated line? How bout a big loop connecting hazel wood development? Maybe too Grand of plans for a city that is broke

Why would anyone believe you? The Consulting firm exists in Philadelphia. GSPIA did the plan, and the drawings are at www.newpittstadium.com. And the tin foil is in your kitchen. Let's all not be juvenile? I agree. I suggest you take the first step. And look at the athletic facilities footprint at the website. It's big boy stuff. Don't reach and get hurt.

This 'Consulting Firm' is located at the 'Glam Bar' in Philly or is it on Fairview Street in Allentown?

Reactions: eastcoasthoops
What is attendance inflation? We've had some better years at Heinze than most years at Pitt stadium. In General the move off campus neither helped much nor hurt much.
Maybe you did, but I didn't. And were you there for "most years at Pitt Stadium ?"

That's through 2014, btw. And you can imagine 2015: 48,150 with a 0.667 winning percentage.

No, it is absolutely destructive to Pitt's program to post this stuff so much, trying to sow discontent with what we have and will have. They aren't merely misguided. It's either bottom barrel stupidity, or straight out hostility.

What is stupid is using data points from what appears to be attendance for the entirety of Pitt Stadium's history as means to show a trend line and then compare it to less that 15 years of attendance at Heinz.

Reactions: vinniep33
They didn't come when it was there before.... they won't come now.

It simply is never happening in your lifetime... and you are wasting brain cycles thinking it will.

I'm pretty sure this was the same poster who once said Sam Young and Tyrell Biggs were transferring to Robert Morris.

But it is not a priority for anyone and I don't expect it in my lifetime either.

Reactions: Pitt MD
What is stupid is using data points from what appears to be attendance for the entirety of Pitt Stadium's history as means to show a trend line and then compare it to less that 15 years of attendance at Heinz.

So compare the last 15 years of Pitt Stadium with the 15 years at Heinz. I'm not sure you'd like the way that comparison would come out though either.

Estimated cost of T line to Oakland is 1.5 billion?? Wtf? I blame unions.

Get Pitt, CMU, UPMC, the Penguins, the city of Pittsburgh to all throw in some of the millions that they have been so fortunate to "earn" from the people of Pittsburgh and actually improve Pittsburgh/ Oakland by upgrading it's mass transit. This would improve parking, traffic, convenience, Pitt's football attendance…..etc. If you are going to do it do it right and do it underground but $1.5 billion is absurd though. You could probably buy and raze a straight line through the Hill district for that amount of money.

The stadium issue is the blood that never drys ...lol. The current solution is just not sustainable for the long term.

The T should go to oakland simply for the hospitals and universities alone.

One stop under Soldiers and Sailors would be fine.
Long been discussed.....the Rooney Tunnel cost about half a billion (I think??) Tunneling to Oakland would be a major task... You're talking about a much longer dig, through residential areas, with sewers, gas lines, water, etc. I'm guessing $2 billion?? Something should have been done years ago.

A more professional, architect's rendition:

177.jpg
That's awesome! That's about as professional as the website linked by the OP.

May I suggest a solution? Could we create a new Tin Hat message board where people can post their various funding, design, development, and land acquisition theories? Would also be a good place to post a dissertation on attendance inflation.

OK Braniac, do us all a solid and link the firm's website and a few of their other public plans. I'm sure an Urban Planning and Governmental Relations Consulting Firm commissioned by the University of Pittsburgh is not just some fly-by-night outfit. Surely they have been attached to numerous other projects. Most notably in the realm of athletic capital infrastructure.

And the gmail and yahoo email addresses attached to the plan and attributed to this "Firm" are a typo, I'm sure.

I'll make some popcorn and eagerly await your reply.

This specific plan, maybe. The general topic of a stadium, I think you are incorrect. Lots of reasonable Pitt fans are interested in talking about it.

No, they're ALL f*cking major morons that damage, with their irrational nonsense, the Pitt story that Narduzzi is out there trying to sell. Almost nothing reasonable is ever posted...just f*cking stupid shit. It's the same mental midgets posting over and over again and every regular board reader knows who these idiots are.

Last edited:

May I suggest a solution? Could we create a new Tin Hat message board where people can post their various funding, design, development, and land acquisition theories? Would also be a good place to post a dissertation on attendance inflation.
The Tin Hat message board is a good idea for the Oakland stadium topic and I found the perfect project manager! Let him work on it for a while and see what he comes up with!
th

I wish we had one, I had some great ideas, stolen from others of course, about stadiums in hazelwood, with unmanned uber "pods" and new technology discovered by cmu students, transporting students down panther hollow.. OK this isn't my idea at all, read it somewhere. But I do envision Pitt and the city pulling rank and completely taking over the land on the backside of Oakland, on the other side of Centre. Basically taking over the ghetto back there, blowing up the condemned buildings, telling everyone else to get the hell out and extending the campus that way. Think Wesley Snipes in "New Jack City" but instead of a crack house, it would be a university athletic facility.... Horrible eyesore that area btw, no one is doing anything with that land so let's make something of it. I expect this to happen any day now..

Last edited:
No, they're ALL f*cking major morons that damage, with their irrational nonsense, the Pitt story that Narduzzi is out there trying to sell. Almost nothing reasonable is ever posted...just f*cking stupid shit. It's the same mental midgets posting over and over again and every regular board reader knows who these idiots are.
Damn Paco, it's just us having fun on a message board, playing the "what if" game, no need to get this upset about it my man. I like you, you are pretty sensible guy. This is nothing more than me posting what I would do if Halle Berry, Ashley Judd and Charlize Theron were all waiting for me in my shower but there was only room for 3 of us and one had to wait outside.. It's a question I ponder often but truth be told it's most likely not going to happen.

Damn Paco, it's just us having fun on a message board, playing the "what if" game, no need to get this upset about it my man. I like you, you are pretty sensible guy. This is nothing more than me posting what I would do if Halle Berry, Ashley Judd and Charlize Theron were all waiting for me in my shower but there was only room for 3 of us and one had to wait outside.. It's a question I ponder often but truth be told it's most likely not going to happen.
Cmon man, be realistic...you don't have a shot with Charlize. She's all mine.

Don't get me wrong they are all gorgeous but 49, 47 and 40. You need to get some younger fantasies.

Don't get me wrong they are all gorgeous but 49, 47 and 40. You need to get some younger fantasies.
LOL, you know what, I was honestly thinking the same thing. It wasn't too long ago that my list included Susan Sarandon and Jamie Lee Curtis.. Well I did have some GIFs with Emma Watson but people said that was creepy so I guess I went to far there (she is well into her 20s btw). I'll do some research here and come up with a new shower scenario for myself.

LOL, you know what, I was honestly thinking the same thing. It wasn't too long ago that my list included Susan Sarandon and Jamie Lee Curtis.. Well I did have some GIFs with Emma Watson but people said that was creepy so I guess I went to far there (she is well into her 20s btw). I'll do some research here and come up with a new shower scenario for myself.
Just push Judd out of the shower. Goofy chick.

I hope this doesn't make me a troll or an idiot but I think it is much more realistic that Pitt will one day build a 45–50,000 seat stadium on or near its campus than it is that we will ever consistently fill up Heinz Field.

As such, I think the only way for Pitt to reach its full potential is to play in a stadium that is right-sized relative to the size of our average/above average attendance.

Now, I am open to the tarps for all of the reasons listed. That is obviously a much cheaper option and if done well it could look nice. I am definitely open to giving that solution a chance to work.

What I am not in favor of is hoping that we win enough to fill that giant monstrosity on the north side. That is never, ever going to happen – at least not with any degree of consistency.

Also, I reject out of hand the notion that building on campus stadium is some sort of pipe dream. That is absolutely ludicrous.

Of course Pitt could build a stadium on or near its campus and there's just no question about that. If schools like Tulane, Houston, TCU, Temple, Baylor, Minnesota and UCF can do it, so too can the University of Pittsburgh.

Now, that doesn't mean that we should do it or that it is the right way to spend all that money. That is an entirely different debate and frankly, that is a much bigger obstacle.

What I'm saying is there's absolutely enough room all over Oakland to put in a suitable stadium and parking. It would require some cooperation and creativity - and likely some demolition, which would of course increase the cost - but it could happen, just as it happened at all of the aforementioned places.

You don't think those places ran into some major challenges too? You don't think North Philadelphia is as congested as Oakland? What about New Orleans – especially the area near Tulane's campus?

Again, I want to make it clear that I am not advocating spending $29 billion (or whatever other grossly inflated number people want to throw out there) on a 45,000 football stadium. I'm just saying that it is absolutely worthy of consideration and further study.

People on both sides of this issue tend to grossly overstate their point. Pitt Stadium was not nearly the panacea some like to pretend it was. However, neither was going to a game in Oakland a miserable experience from towed to tip – except in the late 90s.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT