ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Johnson Transferring

You said this about the 2020-2021 season. So other than 3 games of Xavier Johnson, you were wrong. Don't pat yourself on the back so hard that you hurt yourself.

I said 2 of 4. It ended up being 1 of 4 so yea I was wrong but only slightly. Most people said they were all coming back.

Well with Champagnie leaving (and probably Toney), its going to be a rebuild so I'd rather rebuild with a soph PG than a senior

You have no idea who’s leaving or coming. Saying 1000 different possibilities/scenarios doesn’t make you right, you just cover all bases then point back to the scenario which was right.

I’m not saying we are GOING to be good. I’m saying the goal/plan was to be a S16 team in Y4, not starting another rebuild

Sweet Sixteen is probably a bit ambitious but next year truly should’ve been the year that making the tournament was a reasonable/attainable goal. It’s been a bit of a gift that the ACC has been down as it has been, otherwise the results could’ve been even worse.

Glad to see him move on if that’s what he wants. College basketball used to be my third favorite sport behind college football and the NHL but now it’s not even in my radar. Has nothing to do with Pitt sucking for 6 years but more the overall game including cheating scum bag coaches and players who think they are destined to be Kobe Bryant

College basketball as it is now and as it has evolved over the past few years is just a cesspool of corruption. It's all about the top 10 or so programs who can pay the right amounts to the right coaches and players and leaving the other 300+ programs behind. It's basically a garbage developmental league for a garbage pro league. It is very hard to watch that any longer.

Sweet Sixteen is probably a bit ambitious but next year truly should’ve been the year that making the tournament was a reasonable/attainable goal. It’s been a bit of a gift that the ACC has been down as it has been, otherwise the results could’ve been even worse.

We'll be very fortunate if we even get into any tournament in the next 5 years, let alone in the next year or 2. Not with this coaching staff.

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
Good riddance on Johnson. I for sure will not miss him.

Champagnie and the rest of the team will be better off without him. And, yes I don't see him leaving.

Reactions: Saboteur II
No he won't. AJ Bramah will go to a better program. Mark that down. Johnson will go to a lower P6/A10ish program. I see him going to a Pitt or Nebraska-level program.
Lol. I’m not doing this all day with you. He will be a very hot commodity, most likely go to a “better” program than Brahmah, then you’ll claim you were right because Brahmah goes to Loyola chicago and they’re ranked over an unranked historically better program. You fit your own arbitrary criteria to every argument.

Lol. I’m not doing this all day with you. He will be a very hot commodity, most likely go to a “better” program than Brahmah, then you’ll claim you were right because Brahmah goes to Loyola chicago and they’re ranked over an unranked historically better program. You fit your own arbitrary criteria to every argument.

Nope. I listed who the blue blood or almost blue bloods were and that's where Bramah is going. Johnson will go to a program on Pitt's level historically. Sure, some better programs will sniff around but he'll eventually wind up at like Temple, GW, George Mason, Penn State, some place like that.

Nope. I listed who the blue blood or almost blue bloods were and that's where Bramah is going. Johnson will go to a program on Pitt's level historically. Sure, some better programs will sniff around but he'll eventually wind up at like Temple, GW, George Mason, Penn State, some place like that.
Way off. Nothing new, though.

Hahahahaha. You think X is going to end up at George Mason or Temple? Hhahahahahahaha.

SMF KNOWS COLLEGE BASKETBALL. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Hahahahaha. You think X is going to end up at George Mason or Temple? Hhahahahahahaha.

SMF KNOWS COLLEGE BASKETBALL. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaah
One of the dumbest things I’ve read on this website and that’s saying something.

2nd in the ACC in assists and 14.7 PPG and he’s gonna transfer down to the A10

Reactions: Straight Eye Larry
Johnson, perhaps more than any Pitt hoops player I can recall in recent memory, could be very exciting to watch at some times and just as frustrating at other times.

At the end of the day, he was responsible for helping make Pitt basketball fun again after an excruciating two years; he also brought some memorable performances for a program that desperately lacked them in recent years. With that being said, I think it’s best that both sides part ways.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope that Coach Capel can continue the rebuild without him.

I'm pretty sure Johnson will go to a better program than Pitt and, if coached properly, will surpass his performance at Pitt. That will be the key....who his coach will be.

Reactions: Chaos
One of the dumbest things I’ve read on this website and that’s saying something.

2nd in the ACC in assists and 14.7 PPG and he’s gonna transfer down to the A10

Yep a school similar to that. He isnt very good. I was right about McGowens's level and I will be right about Johnson. Besides his ability, he has a discipline problem that high-level coaches wont want to deal with.

Yep a school similar to that. He isnt very good. I was right about McGowens's level and I will be right about Johnson. Besides his ability, he has a discipline problem that high-level coaches wont want to deal with.

So coaches won’t want to put up with X? But will want to put up with Bramah? Even though X has put up his numbers in the ACC with little talent around him? Huh?

So coaches won’t want to put up with X? But will want to put up with Bramah? Even though X has put up his numbers in the ACC with little talent around him? Huh?

Yes because a PG is more of a key position. A high level coach isnt going to hand his keys over to a guy who Jeff Capel couldn't control in 3 years.

I will say that if Johnson agreed to move to the 2, he would have much better options. He will NOT play PG at a program better than Pitt.

I don’t think there is any question that X will end up at a high major program. Book it.

I hope X does well somewhere. I think he could do well on a good team with some talented bigs to clear the lane for him. It seems like this needed to happen though.

I enjoyed watching X play for the most part, but it’s clear you can’t have the inmates running the asylum, mice running the cats, whatever you want to call it.

Yep, pretty much. I will miss good X, but won't miss bad X. Talent and competitiveness is there... just too much individual play. Similar to my thoughts when Trey transferred.

Seems X was given plenty of rope, maybe too much. At some point a coach has to draw the line. Oh well.

The best thing that could happen
to X is getting a coach who makes
it clear from the moment of the
offer......"here's what we do, I feel
you can help us, but you better
leave the one on one excessive
dribbling behind. We run a set
offense which allows for some
individual freedom. I don't stand
for complaining to the refs, making
demonstrable grimaces when it
doesn't go your way. and trying to