ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes!!! This is wild. Literally.

I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Pretty impressive juggling of the woman in the red shirt. Luckily nobody was hurt badly.

This bull shit (see what I did there) for entertainment has long outgrown any use at all…

2 things.

Oregon is one of the last places I thought I'd see this.

Also, why where people just standing there having conversations while a bull was running toward them?

Some of those people were not paying attention at all.
well in all fairness, the one person is outside by the concessions talking to some buddies. fair to assume she wasnt really expecting to be bull dozed by a bull..

pretty sweet and you have to kind of root for the bull, am i right?

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
2 things.

Also, why where people just standing there having conversations while a bull was running toward them?
The Oregon that’s east of the mountains is a very different place culturally than the Oregon that’s west of the mountains. This is the eastern part.

The Oregon that’s east of the mountains is a very different place culturally than the Oregon that’s west of the mountains. This is the eastern part.
Sisters is Central Oregon, it’s a mixed bag in that part of the state, Bend and most of the ski towns are pretty lefty.

Few things grab my attention. One, the cell phone light tribute. Pretty lame but also might have freaked the animal out a bit. I don't go to rodeos so is this normal? Two, the one guy who looks like he is supposed to be roping the bull seems like he's a bit over his head. Feels like there should have been someone else helping him. Three, do cow-folk drink a lot of Crown Royal? Seems a bit upity, right? There's a craft brewery tent, too. I don't think Kevin Costner would approve of any of this.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Few things grab my attention. One, the cell phone light tribute. Pretty lame but also might have freaked the animal out a bit. I don't go to rodeos so is this normal? Two, the one guy who looks like he is supposed to be roping the bull seems like he's a bit over his head. Feels like there should have been someone else helping him. Three, do cow-folk drink a lot of Crown Royal? Seems a bit upity, right? There's a craft brewery tent, too. I don't think Kevin Costner would approve of any of this.
what truly weird takes lol. i love it. well done..

Reactions: pittdan77

Also, are patriotic songs a thing at rodeos? I mean it would seem that the demographics who attend rodeos would be the ones who enjoy those songs but it seems weird to be singing God Bless the USA in the middle of a rodeo.

bull gets loose, you root for the bull. no different in spain when they are running down the streets, you root for it to unleash hell. i admit what most of everyone else wont say..
I am not sure that everyone takes pleasure in the pain of others. But, maybe that’s part of the new America.

So the old adage is true. Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

I'm not as down on rodeos although the animals are treated pretty poorly. But I really don't mind one bit on the rare occasion when a matador gets killed by the bull. I mean, it is called bull fighting and it is not really a fair fight. If it was just an event to kill a bull, they should call it bull killing, no? And in a fight, someone's got to lose. Why should it always be the bull?

I'm not PETA guy, but there is a right way and a wrong way to treat animals. And rodeos, bull fights, canned hunts. All heinous activities. Just kill them humanely so that I can have a hamburger. I'm ok with legitimate hunting of deer and other game, especially bow hunting, which totally is sport, IMO. Takes some skill and instincts to do well.

And don't get me started on elephant and giraffe hunting. That is no accomplishment. Pretty pathetic.

I'm not as down on rodeos although the animals are treated pretty poorly. But I really don't mind one bit on the rare occasion when a matador gets killed by the bull. I mean, it is called bull fighting and it is not really a fair fight. If it was just an event to kill a bull, they should call it bull killing, no? And in a fight, someone's got to lose. Why should it always be the bull?

I'm not PETA guy, but there is a right way and a wrong way to treat animals. And rodeos, bull fights, canned hunts. All heinous activities. Just kill them humanely so that I can have a hamburger. I'm ok with legitimate hunting of deer and other game, especially bow hunting, which totally is sport, IMO. Takes some skill and instincts to do well.

And don't get me started on elephant and giraffe hunting. That is no accomplishment. Pretty pathetic.
agree with this 100%.. i'll just flat out say it, watching the bull take out people is funny. and if i was there and i was the one that got thrown in the air while holding a beer, i would absolutely give you all permission to enjoy it at my expense. honestly, i think i'd probably laugh along (if i lived), after i healed up of course..

going to play devils advocate for a sec with trophy hunting with some of these animals. and yes, it's truly pathetic, zero sport or game in it, just some guides walking you to a spot to kill an animal. BUT these trophy hunts i believe do more good than harm for the betterment of the species (if done by law).

most of these guided trophy hunts prohibit you from shooting a female or a young male, basically they give you the old male who's done reproducing. the huge pay for the license or permit (Should) goes to wildlife management which helps the cause..

That's my 2 cents on sticking up for trophy hunting but no arguments, they are clowns, pathetic as can be and should be openly mocked and ridiculed..

Reactions: OH Pete
2 things.

Oregon is one of the last places I thought I'd see this....why?

agree with this 100%.. i'll just flat out say it, watching the bull take out people is funny. and if i was there and i was the one that got thrown in the air while holding a beer, i would absolutely give you all permission to enjoy it at my expense. honestly, i think i'd probably laugh along (if i lived), after i healed up of course..

going to play devils advocate for a sec with trophy hunting with some of these animals. and yes, it's truly pathetic, zero sport or game in it, just some guides walking you to a spot to kill an animal. BUT these trophy hunts i believe do more good than harm for the betterment of the species (if done by law).

most of these guided trophy hunts prohibit you from shooting a female or a young male, basically they give you the old male who's done reproducing. the huge pay for the license or permit (Should) goes to wildlife management which helps the cause..

That's my 2 cents on sticking up for trophy hunting but no arguments, they are clowns, pathetic as can be and should be openly mocked and ridiculed..
I get it about "trophy" hunting. But I'd be pretty embarrassed to bag a lion that way. It would kind of like paying a hot prostitute and then bragging about the hot chick you got. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof

Grim fact: lots of people say that bulls are attracted to red. They’re not. Bulls are colorblind and are attracted to any kind of motion like waving a flag.

The bullfighting flags are colored red because it’s harder for spectators to see the bull’s blood on a red flag.

Some of the trophy hunting in NZ is a scam aimed at the F-you rich American and Chinese businessmen tourists.
I know someone who farms elk. His customers are the hunting guides. They have these elk helicoptered in to a confined small remote area. They fly the hunters around all day in helicopters to very remote and scenic places that contain no trophy animals. Then they tell them "let's try one more spot", and take them to the special spot. The rack on the elk is so large that they cannot get into the bush, so are right on the edge of the woods. Land the chopper, walk a bit down a well kept track and wow, a trophy elk!

Reactions: pittdan77
Some of the trophy hunting in NZ is a scam aimed at the F-you rich American and Chinese businessmen tourists.
I know someone who farms elk. His customers are the hunting guides. They have these elk helicoptered in to a confined small remote area. They fly the hunters around all day in helicopters to very remote and scenic places that contain no trophy animals. Then they tell them "let's try one more spot", and take them to the special spot. The rack on the elk is so large that they cannot get into the bush, so are right on the edge of the woods. Land the chopper, walk a bit down a well kept track and wow, a trophy elk!
let me know if any of you guys want to hunt buffalo and have 100k. come to south park and i'll guide you guys and we'll get one together..

i'll even drive and get you a good spot. you are responsible for gutting it and dragging it out though. and it has to be at night, wear running shoes in case we have to leave suddenly..

Reactions: USN_Panther
let me know if any of you guys want to hunt buffalo and have 100k. come to south park and i'll guide you guys and we'll get one together..

i'll even drive and get you a good spot. you are responsible for gutting it and dragging it out though. and it has to be at night, wear running shoes in case we have to leave suddenly..
I know your secret spot for tatonka. Chopper us in? Maybe mount a machine gun on the chopper?

@Zeldas Open Roof and I can't be the only persons watching that and rooting for bull...F all of those people who have nothing better to do than watch that trash.
lol. Thank you. I don’t want anyone dead but watching a bull mess people up is fantastic.

And like I saud, if I was there and got trampled, I’d fully expect you all to enjoy the carnage

Reactions: joeydavid
@Zeldas Open Roof and I can't be the only persons watching that and rooting for bull...F all of those people who have nothing better to do than watch that trash.
I was talked into sitting down to watch one rodeo in my entire life. The HS rodeo at the state farm show. Apparently a lot of things went sideways for me to take a day off and do that but watching HS kids be repeatedly injured was such a cringe worthy experience.

Reactions: joeydavid
am not sure that everyone takes pleasure in the pain of others. But, maybe that’s part of the new America.

Have you ever been to a hockey game where people root for fights? Or a race where people enjoy crashes? This isn’t new in America.

get it about "trophy" hunting. But I'd be pretty embarrassed to bag a lion that way. It would kind of like paying a hot prostitute and then bragging about the hot chick you got. :)
Isn’t that how all ugly rich dudes end up with hot wives? Hmm. I guess that’s why they’re called “trophy wives”.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT