ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Warren - Yikes!

GORUU3rW4AAnIjG

This is why I say leadership from an intangible perspective wasn't the issue. It's leadership from an ability standpoint is why some have speculated KP lost the locker room.
Wilson has credibility based on a career body of work. Everyone involved is hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

Kenny doesn’t have that cred because there is no body of work other than 1.5 years under a coordinator with no body of work at all and who has no credibility whatsoever. None. Everyone in that locker room knew that. Not one person alive, well other than Mike Tomlin, who thought Canada was an NFL coordinator.

None of this is a bold revelation. None of it is newsworthy.

The swagger and confidence is what got him to 7-2.
LOL! He was CARRIED by a defense that didn't give up a lot of points, he would have probably been 2-7 if the D gave up 25ppg, but I get it, he's a Pitt Guy :)

LOL! He was CARRIED by a defense that didn't give up a lot of points, he would have probably been 2-7 if the D gave up 25ppg, but I get it, he's a Pitt Guy :)
This has nothing to do with being a Pitt guy. The team the last 2 years was built to be carried by the defense. The team THIS YEAR is being built to be carried by the defense. They want to run the ball and put the quarterback in position to not lose games. Hopefully justin fields gets on the field to watch him make stupid mistakes and lose the games Pickett didn't. We can go round and round about Pickett, but, coach catch phrase didn't put him in the best situation to thrive. This goes back to the unqualified trash can he hired to run the offense. See, you are all about a quarterback putting up stats. 1 stat I leave you with. Pickett 7 4th quarter comeback wins. I haven't done any research, but I don't think the 2 they got on the roster did that the last 2 years combined.

Reactions: 303vND
It would be difficult for any NFL team to have a winning record if their defense were giving up an average of 25 points per game. Given that the Steelers offense has averaged 23 points per game over the last twenty years, your point can apply to the BR years as well. A more interesting stat is that under Tomlin there have been only four years where the Steeler offense has not scored more points over the season than the defense has allowed. Three of those years came under Canada, including BR’s last year. This is an indictment of Canada more than the QBs running his system.

It would be difficult for any NFL team to have a winning record if their defense were giving up an average of 25 points per game. Given that the Steelers offense has averaged 23 points per game over the last twenty years, your point can apply to the BR years as well. A more interesting stat is that under Tomlin there have been only four years where the Steeler offense has not scored more points over the season than the defense has allowed. Three of those years came under Canada, including BR’s last year. This is an indictment of Canada more than the QBs running his system.
Tomlin had a HOF QB every year and Ben stayed a year too long. He was a statue standing in there and had to release the ball much quicker than he ever had and no ability to extend or make plays.

Canada was a bad OC, but there have been a lot of those over the years. Remember Fichtner and Haley?

Tomlin had a HOF QB every year and Ben stayed a year too long. He was a statue standing in there and had to release the ball much quicker than he ever had and no ability to extend or make plays.

Canada was a bad OC, but there have been a lot of those over the years. Remember Fichtner and Haley?
Thats pretty much an indictment of Tomlins inability to find a legit OC to run the offense. Fichtner was a complete Joke.

Oh and funny how with the BR being a statue, his fourth quarter stats were dramatically better when they threw out the Canada play calling and went hurry up and let Ben run the offense.

The great defense that "carried" Kenny was 14-8 in games that he started and finished and yet somehow 5-6 started and finished by else...

• Wow
Reactions: 303vND
There you go letting facts get in way!
So, his main talent was avoiding turnovers, actually producing TDs doesn't matter, and basically if the opponent has a great offensive game and puts up 30+ we just concede those games completely because he can't compete there, and that's OK?

So, his main talent was avoiding turnovers, actually producing TDs doesn't matter, and basically if the opponent has a great offensive game and puts up 30+ we just concede those games completely because he can't compete there, and that's OK?
Don't try to deflect - the post was in response to you stating that it was basically the defense that carried Kenny - when then numbers didn't support your position.

Don't try to deflect - the post was in response to you stating that it was basically the defense that carried Kenny - when then numbers didn't support your position.
It was the defense that carried him, show some examples of them winning with Kenny if the D surrendered 25 or more, or even 20+? They beat the Browns 26-22, but the D scored 2 TDs.

2024: Steelers where 2-6 when the D gave up more than 20, they beat Cleveland 26-22 by scoring 2 defensive TDs, they won the other with Rudolph playing.

2023: They were 1-4 when the D gave up 20+, Mitch played the one win.

Yup, pretty obvious The D CARRIED KP, if the opponent scored more than 20 the team was 3-10 and 1-9 With KP, and in that one win the D scored 2 TDs to win 26-22.

THOSE ARE THE FACTS. A few TD passes might have helped?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT