ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Warren - Yikes!

Good grief are we really going single out every Pittsburgh media member too that doesn't align with KP? Isn't Alan Saunders a PITT guy? You know, he also confirmed the exact same story that Dulac dropped about KP refusing to dress..
KP has nothing to do with how worthless and terrible those guys are at “journalism “

Reactions: 303vND
Good grief are we really going single out every Pittsburgh media member too that doesn't align with KP? Isn't Alan Saunders a PITT guy? You know, he also confirmed the exact same story that Dulac dropped about KP refusing to dress..
Those two have zero sources
They are glorified SID for the Steelers
Kenny was going to be the emergency qb , not the backup .
I had tightrope surgery right before thanksgiving along with a fibula fixation .
I just started jogging again a month ago

Those two have zero sources
Who are your sources to confirm they don't have sources? SMH. I'm not saying these guys are the holy grail or even close to it when it comes to journalists. However, saying they don't have sources is kinda juvenile.
I had tightrope surgery right before thanksgiving along with a fibula fixation .
I just started jogging again a month ago
One of my kids had the exact same surgery in October and was playing basketball in December. High level athletes are different then the regular population.

Who are your sources to confirm they don't have sources? SMH. I'm not saying these guys are the holy grail or even close to it when it comes to journalists. However, saying they don't have sources is kinda juvenile.

One of my kids had the exact same surgery in October and was playing basketball in December. High level athletes are different then the regular population.
Baseball is like bowling
Its a skill not athletic

I’ll note you ignored the emergency qb not backup point which was validated .

It’s clear you don’t actually pay attention to pittsburgh sports media
Ya just are trolling

Baseball is like bowling
Its a skill not athletic
who mentioned anything about baseball?
I’ll note you ignored the emergency qb not backup point which was validated .
Regardless if he was the emergency or backup - the report was he refused to dress.
It’s clear you don’t actually pay attention to pittsburgh sports media
Ya just are trolling
I listen sparingly to 93.7 and MM.

I get it, you're a huge KP fan and there is nothing wrong with that. It didn't work out for him here. There were reports that he didn't handle the situation well. It looked like Tomlin like usual didn't manage his situation very well. That's all, nothing more then that. No one is trolling. There are no conspiracy theories. Let's just move on.

getting brutal on Kenny, saying the QB room is night and day different when it comes to leadership.
lol. So it was a nothing burger.

we can only hope it was a "nothing burger."

Why would we have to Hope it was a nothing burger?

First Warrens own words indicated it was. But of course the trolls ignore all the facts that dispute the bullshit spewed about Pickett

Secondly he’s gone. It doesn’t matter anymore.
If you're a PITT fan, we should hope that Kenny's "leadership" wasn't in question. I've said that "leadership" was a poor word when they were describing KP's situation. I don't think KP was a poor "leader" at all. I just don't think he had much influence on the team because he was young and he wasn't very good his 1st 2 years with the Steelers.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Not only that but Warren is extremely critical of Canada's lack of motion and predictability and of course in the entire article there is one sentence about Canada and no mention of his bottom of the NFL use of play action or motion that resulted in the motion player getting a target.

- “It’s a lot more motion, shifts, pre-snap movement,” Warren said. “It’s a lot of IDing and getting the calls to get on the right page. It’s a lot (different).”

- “I’d rather be in that offense and do our thing rather than be in a predictable offense.”

Seems to be the new trajectory of reporting on the Steelers. Lean into something and then watch it get walked back.

Haha. Like I said, people who ran with Warrens original quotes were either gullible, or agenda driven. He didn’t have to clarify things this week, as reasonable people knew what he meant. But I’m sure many appreciate that he did, as it shoots down yet another gross embellishment.

Not only that but Warren is extremely critical of Canada's lack of motion and predictability and of course in the entire article there is one sentence about Canada and no mention of his bottom of the NFL use of play action or motion that resulted in the motion player getting a target.

- “It’s a lot more motion, shifts, pre-snap movement,” Warren said. “It’s a lot of IDing and getting the calls to get on the right page. It’s a lot (different).”

- “I’d rather be in that offense and do our thing rather than be in a predictable offense.”
A real NFL coordinator will play to his player’s strengths. The world knows Kenny is a very good play action passer…yet the concept didn’t exist in the steeler offense.

And as was well documented, the defenses usually had the answers to the test before every snap.

It is too bad that we won’t see Kenny play a year within this offense. It would have been eye opening. And if there wasn’t a 40 million QB on the market at a 39 million discount, I think he’d still be here.

A real NFL coordinator will play to his player’s strengths. The world knows Kenny is a very good play action passer…yet the concept didn’t exist in the steeler offense.

And as was well documented, the defenses usually had the answers to the test before every snap.

It is too bad that we won’t see Kenny play a year within this offense. It would have been eye opening. And if there wasn’t a 40 million QB on the market at a 39 million discount, I think he’d still be here.
Yep. The best offensive coaches can make anyone productive. Andy Reid could make a bazooka armed QB with short-range issues (McNabb) work just the way he could get a career year out of a checkdown merchant with a noodle arm (Alex Smith). Same with Sean Payton, smug jerk that he is. People think Brees carried him but dude got Jameis Winston to a 14TD/3INT ratio and 70QBR. It was career highs in efficiency all across the board. Same with Teddy Bridgewater. Good coaching can get a lot out of wildly different players because it knows how to deploy those players in ways which they are used the best. Bad coaching plays 18 year veteran Big Ben, Mitch Trubisky, Kenny Pickett, and Mason Rudolph in exactly the same way.

I think generally that good Wilson is probably better than good Kenny. However, it's not apples to apples. Putting one with Sean Payton and another with Matt Canada is like racing a Ferrari versus a Geo Tracker. Can the Tracker win....probably not unless they're perfect and the Ferrari ****s up.

Can we run a thought experiment with both playing for Arthur Smith? What would that look like? Last year Wilson had basically the lowest aDOT and highest time to throw in the league. He literally never threw intermediate and he isn't good to the middle of the field. Arthur Smith's offense requires basically 1 quick read off of a play action play, with lots of throws to the middle of the field. Those features would have minimized Kenny's weaknesses in full-field reads, holding the ball too long, and having to beat the defense to the outside with his arm. Could Pickett be better than Wilson in that context? For me, definitely, but we'll never know. All we'll have is Kenny Pickett in a Matt Canada offense (with a pitiful OL) vs. Russell Wilson in an Arthur Smith offense (with an average or better line). Those two things are wildly different.

• Love
I don't think "leadership" is a good adjective for what Warren is describing. Having been in locker rooms for the past 40 years, it just seems the locker room didn't believe Kenny was the guy. And, now with Russ (who is established) and Fields (who is ultra-talented), they seem to just like these guys better.
Fields ultra talented lmao he is trash

They said the same about Trubisky. Both athletic, both first round pedigrees, both played in Chicago and stunk.

I get it. We like shiny new toys and people are falling for it.

I hope Fields turns his career around here. I hope he’s the steeler franchise QB. But there’s nothing that suggests he will be anything more than Mitch 2.0.

Oh and the other thing about Mitch and Fields…they love to turn the ball over.

Reactions: Team_Pitt_Fan

They said the same about Trubisky. Both athletic, both first round pedigrees, both played in Chicago and stunk.

I get it. We like shiny new toys and people are falling for it.

I hope Fields turns his career around here. I hope he’s the steeler franchise QB. But there’s nothing that suggests he will be anything more than Mitch 2.0.

Oh and the other thing about Mitch and Fields…they love to turn the ball over.
Physically - he (Fields) only has a few peers in the NFL.

Whether he can play or not at a high level in Pittsburgh remains to be seen.

who mentioned anything about baseball?

Regardless if he was the emergency or backup - the report was he refused to dress.

I listen sparingly to 93.7 and MM.

I get it, you're a huge KP fan and there is nothing wrong with that. It didn't work out for him here. There were reports that he didn't handle the situation well. It looked like Tomlin like usual didn't manage his situation very well. That's all, nothing more then that. No one is trolling. There are no conspiracy theories. Let's just move on.
You are comprehensive impaired
This was addressed above
Troll on about a player who is in Philly

Haha. Like I said, people who ran with Warrens original quotes were either gullible, or agenda driven. He didn’t have to clarify things this week, as reasonable people knew what he meant. But I’m sure many appreciate that he did, as it shoots down yet another gross embellishment.
Trolls who appeal to trolls

For a quarterback , he makes a good RB
He can’t read a defense and is inaccurate .
He won’t be on the team after this season

For a quarterback , he makes a good RB
He can’t read a defense and is inaccurate .
He won’t be on the team after this season
That might be true.

However, both fan bases (Steelers/Bears) make the claim that Canada and Getsy were not very good. With that being said - if Fields can't read a defense and is inaccurate, what does that say about KP?

Fields
40 Games
40 TD's to 30 Ints
60.3 completion %
7.0 YPA

KP
25 Games
13 TD's to 13 Ints
62.6 completion %
6.3 YPA

That might be true.

However, both fan bases (Steelers/Bears) make the claim that Canada and Getsy were not very good. With that being said - if Fields can't read a defense and is inaccurate, what does that say about KP?

Fields
40 Games
40 TD's to 30 Ints
60.3 completion %
7.0 YPA

KP
25 Games
13 TD's to 13 Ints
62.6 completion %
6.3 YPA
Yeah, just as Kenny deserves a shot with a new offense, so does Fields. Difficult to draw conclusions about either QB at this point. That said, I never watched the Bears and didn’t follow the Bears. But I know what ailed the steeler offense.

My biggest concern is that Fields doesn’t take care of the football. And not just the ints…but the fumbles too. His running ability is what’s most exciting but the turnovers more than cancel that out.

When russ and Justin combine for about 150 sacks+ints this year we'll hear all about great leadership lol

Yeah, just as Kenny deserves a shot with a new offense, so does Fields. Difficult to draw conclusions about either QB at this point. That said, I never watched the Bears and didn’t follow the Bears. But I know what ailed the steeler offense.

My biggest concern is that Fields doesn’t take care of the football. And not just the ints…but the fumbles too. His running ability is what’s most exciting but the turnovers more than cancel that out.
I agree on both points.

Fields physical ceiling is night and day not just over KP but almost 90% of the league. However, KP's intangibles might be night and day greater then Fields'. The million dollar question is what environment do each need to be productive franchise type QB's?

When russ and Justin combine for about 150 sacks+ints this year we'll hear all about great leadership lol
Russ might have taken sacks but where are you so worried about INTs with him? He threw 8 ints this past season on what was supposedly a terrible year for him..

In 2009, Ben led the NFL in being sacked 50x and was still voted team MVP.

My biggest concern is that Fields doesn’t take care of the football.
A concern I had about Kenny was maybe he was thinking about protecting the ball too much, I mean sometimes great QBs like Ben risk the dangerous throw to make the big play-and often do hit the big TD, even if it means a turnover sometimes. I feel like Kenny's TD numbers might be so low because he's too scared to pull the trigger on any throw with even a little risk involved.

A concern I had about Kenny was maybe he was thinking about protecting the ball too much, I mean sometimes great QBs like Ben risk the dangerous throw to make the big play-and often do hit the big TD, even if it means a turnover sometimes. I feel like Kenny's TD numbers might be so low because he's too scared to pull the trigger on any throw with even a little risk involved.
Uh ya think? Ever hear Tomlin and Canada speak? You don’t live in the Burgh so you don’t hear everything we hear…the game plan and the directive was to never turn the ball over. It was drilled into Kenny. And it worked I suppose. Who are we to complain? He was 7-2 in games he started and finished. Kenny’s biggest problem wasn’t TD passes…it was staying healthy. If he had, the Steelers would have been 13-4 and had home playoff games at that rate.

Tomlin—the mad scientist.

Uh ya think? Ever hear Tomlin and Canada speak? You don’t live in the Burgh so you don’t hear everything we hear…the game plan and the directive was to never turn the ball over. It was drilled into Kenny. And it worked I suppose. Who are we to complain? He was 7-2 in games he started and finished. Kenny’s biggest problem wasn’t TD passes…it was staying healthy. If he had, the Steelers would have been 13-4 and had home playoff games at that rate.

Then I guess we'll see now if he ever gets a chance to start again if he's still gun shy to let it fly or if he'll actually cut it loose, his main selling point is always "well he only had 4 ints" honestly I'd rather have 8 ints if it came with 15 TDs, too many times they'd get to the red zone and not even take a single shot into the end zone and just settle for FGs

...Ever hear Tomlin and Canada speak? …the game plan and the directive was to never turn the ball over. It was drilled into Kenny. And it worked I suppose.

Even if that is the case if Kenny had confidence and swagger, like the better QBs do, he'd still take more chances, thinking he can make the throw, even if he gets chewed out when returning to the sidelines, and yeah, he had a winning record, but was it mostly him or the D, when you win games 16-10 or 20-17 or 17-14 in the NFL it's more the D than the QB.

Even if that is the case if Kenny had confidence and swagger, like the better QBs do, he'd still take more chances, thinking he can make the throw, even if he gets chewed out when returning to the sidelines, and yeah, he had a winning record, but was it mostly him or the D, when you win games 16-10 or 20-17 or 17-14 in the NFL it's more the D than the QB.
The swagger and confidence is what got him to 7-2.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
GORUU3rW4AAnIjG

This is why I say leadership from an intangible perspective wasn't the issue. It's leadership from an ability standpoint is why some have speculated KP lost the locker room.

GORUU3rW4AAnIjG

This is why I say leadership from an intangible perspective wasn't the issue. It's leadership from an ability standpoint is why some have speculated KP lost the locker room.

Yup, credibility. This is why Sean Payton took an $85 million cap hit to get rid of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT