ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite ACC road trip?

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
I've only been to Virginia so far, but what's been your favorite ACC road trip so far?

Boston College
Clemson
Duke
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Syracuse
Wake Forest
Virginia
Virginia Tech

Still waiting for us to play in Tallahassee, it's been over 30 years.

I've only been to Virginia so far, but what's been your favorite ACC road trip so far?

Boston College
Clemson
Duke
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Syracuse
Wake Forest
Virginia
Virginia Tech

I've been to FSU, Duke, Miami, UNC and Syracuse from your list and the people were very warm and friendly in Syracuse. Many very friendly people in Miami a couple of weeks ago also, the stadium personnel may have been the best I've encountered at any stadium. FSU fans were very cordial and shared their alcohol freely.

I've only been to these 3:

Miami- Nice weather, easy to get good tickets cheap and serves alcohol in stadium. Also a lot to do outside of just the game.

VT -was a great game atmosphere but there's nothing to do down there.

Louisville - was good atmosphere and a surprisingly fun city to go out in.

I'd like to head to GT next year. I've never stayed in Atlanta, just through the airport s bunch of times. I'd like to see an older stadium like Bobby Dodd too.

Personally I like the opponents in or near bigger cities. Many of the college towns are just limited on what you can do outside of the game. Also, it's a pain to find a reasonably priced hotel near the stadium or university. You end up having to stay 15-20 miles away and then deal with terrible traffic coming in and out of those small towns. PSU and ND are good examples of that. although I'm not sure there's even a town within an hour of PSU to stay in.

I have been to VT, UVA, UNC and Louisville and would have to give the edge to Chapel Hill. Beautiful campus, great college town and cool fans. The stadium atmosphere isn't anywhere near the best, but the area and campus is spectacular.

Tallahassee. Never been to a Pitt game there but I grew up there, attended about every FSU home game from 85 to 93, and go back there every few years on the way down to the gulf. Great fans, great campus, nice little city, tremendous gameday atmosphere.

I've been to all of those except Wake, Syracuse, FSU, and BC.

I like GaTech a lot. Great urban setting and imo, and a really cool stadium.

Clemson by far and I have been to alot of away games. NC State fans were not the greatest to deal with. Looking forward to Knoxville in a few years when Pitt plays Tennessee.

Clemson, hands down. None of the other fan bases are as nice and as rabid fans in the entire ACC. I'd place VT second.

For me:

Clemson - Great atmosphere, great fans, just great overall
UVA - Love the historical stuff around campus and surrounding areas. Nice people. Beautiful campus
GT - Loved having Atlanta around and plenty to do down there
Louisville - Fun atmosphere, nice bars around campus, fans were nice
Syracuse - Stayed in Armory district and had a great time, campus was nice and so were the people, atmosphere at game was blah
NC State - Game was cool and so was tailgating. Didn't get to campus and stayed at a friends. Maybe if I actually hung out around campus this would be above Cuse. Didn't get full experience.

I haven't had a bad trip or overall experience though yet. Clemson is going to be tough to beat though.

Reactions: cbpitt2
I think its cool at NC State the boosters own there tailgate space. Many of them have built tailgate party decks where their vehicles park underneath. They have shuttle carts for donors and seniors. It really creates a loyal following and a great party atmospher pre and post game.

Well the best location was the 2014 Miami game but it wasn't much of a college atmosphere. I did enjoy the BC game in 2014 the most. I'm a history buff so seeing the older architecture was nice. Boston was a stones throw away so that was a plus. I would go back next year in a heart beat.

Boston College
Clemson
Duke
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Syracuse
Wake Forest
Virginia
Virginia Tech

I have been to every ACC football stadium, other than Wake Forest to date. Guess it depends on your what you want out of a road trip. If you are looking for easy access, great hotels and restaurants...I'd say Miami followed by Boston College would be my top two. If you are looking for big crowds, great college football atmosphere, I'd say Clemson followed by Florida State would be my top two. My least favorite regular road trip is VaTech. While they have a nice campus and a great college game day atmosphere, it is very remote for air travel, has very few places to stay, and comparatively speaking, is an expensive road trip [from where I live]. Hail to Pitt!

Reactions: PitterPanther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT