ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube TV dropping Fox RSNs 2/29

cease10

Sophomore
Oct 17, 2009
On the bright side, looks like Pitt only has one more game left on RSN; GT game next week. Also, this team may have already gave up on the season.

On the bright side, looks like Pitt only has one more game left on RSN; GT game next week. Also, this team may have already gave up on the season.

And this is going to very likely be the type of thing that will continue to happen. Streaming and cord cutting is a good option to have. Until stuff like this happens with the streaming provider a particular individual has chosen. Then?????? Start scrambling to find someone else. And hope they don't find it in their best interests to make a business decision to drop the channels you really want to see.

There is very likely not going to be a perfect - 1 size fits all - solution for the foreseeable future. The providing of the specific TV content (cable/satellite/streaming) a particular person wants is going to be a very dynamic issue in the coming years.

Content vs price vs availability vs quality/functionality will be evolving and competition will be changing a lot. The genie's out of the bottle. Not going to get him back in. Things will almost assuredly be pretty volatile for quite a while. Guess we'll all just have to deal with it as we see fit.

It's still easier to move on to another streaming provider. One can easily cancel their service and not have to deal with cable/satellite installation appts or equipment return.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Standalone services like NBA League Pass and ESPN+ are the future for sports watching.

Get the specific sport or league that you want and not have to deal with any other channels.

Reactions: Ski11585
And this is going to very likely be the type of thing that will continue to happen. Streaming and cord cutting is a good option to have. Until stuff like this happens with the streaming provider a particular individual has chosen. Then?????? Start scrambling to find someone else. And hope they don't find it in their best interests to make a business decision to drop the channels you really want to see.

There is very likely not going to be a perfect - 1 size fits all - solution for the foreseeable future. The providing of the specific TV content (cable/satellite/streaming) a particular person wants is going to be a very dynamic issue in the coming years.

Content vs price vs availability vs quality/functionality will be evolving and competition will be changing a lot. The genie's out of the bottle. Not going to get him back in. Things will almost assuredly be pretty volatile for quite a while. Guess we'll all just have to deal with it as we see fit.
Then??????

That is why God in His infinite mercy created bars....With Him, all things are possible... can I get an amen?

s-l640.jpg

Then??????

That is why God in His infinite mercy created bars....With Him, all things are possible.

Reactions: Chaos
It's still easier to move on to another streaming provider. One can easily cancel their service and not have to deal with cable/satellite installation appts or equipment return.

Sure. That's a potential solution. I just don't think everyone - or even a huge percentage of people - are currently interested in doing that. It's a totally personal decision. Depends on what a person's priorities are.

Sure. That's a potential solution. I just don't think everyone - or even a huge percentage of people - are currently interested in doing that. It's a totally personal decision. Depends on what a person's priorities are.
its a five minute phone call or 4 click online transaction maybe every year or so if that....

its a five minute phone call or 4 click online transaction maybe every year or so if that....

Yep. As long as they currently carry the Fox RSN's and AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh, like the OP was referring to.

I found out the news on Twitter cause YTTV was trending high. Hulu Live and Sling are also trending today cause folks are exploring them as other options.

It is a personal decision. YTTV is the best option for me and losing the Fox RSNs doesn't matter for me since college bball season is over and I don't care to watch my local NBA team; they're trash. Also, not a baseball fan.

Reactions: PittMan 72
This is bad. I have YouTube TV and Yes is one of the channels I expect and want. That means no Yankees games. Could be a big blow for them.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
YoutubeTV didn't offer RSN in the first place. Doesn't apply to PGH
I found out the news on Twitter cause YTTV was trending high. Hulu Live and Sling are also trending today cause folks are exploring them as other options.

It is a personal decision. YTTV is the best option for me and losing the Fox RSNs doesn't matter for me since college bball season is over and I don't care to watch my local NBA team; they're trash. Also, not a baseball fan.

Exactly. Depends on an individual's personal situation. To each his/her own. Take it you're not living in the local Pittsburgh area?

AT&T doesn’t have a streaming deal with anyone I don’t believe. Around November (if I recall correctly) there was talk it was being worked on/a possibility. But so far nothing. I would imagine the cable companies are fighting against it as it’s the one carrot they can dangle around Pittsburgh.

Reactions: PittMan 72
AT&T doesn’t have a streaming deal with anyone I don’t believe. Around November (if I recall correctly) there was talk it was being worked on/a possibility. But so far nothing. I would imagine the cable companies are fighting against it as it’s the one carrot they can dangle around Pittsburgh.
I would be surprised that they're not carrying their Sports channels on their own streaming service Directtvnow, ATTTVnow or whatever they're now calling it.

I would be surprised that they're not carrying their Sports channels on their own streaming service Directtvnow, ATTTVnow or whatever they're now calling it.

Who knows. Teams may start to do their own things. The Oakland As are no longer on radio. Streaming only.

Yep. I don't think there is any single streaming option that carries EVERY Pitt game that's televised. That's the point. For a viewer to be able get EVERY Pitt game available on TV via 1 single provider, they would have to have DISH, DirectTV or a cable service that carries AT&T SN Pgh and the ACCN.

So streaming is NOT for everybody, if their priority is to be able to see EVERY Pitt game.

Yep. I don't think there is any single streaming option that carries EVERY Pitt game that's televised. That's the point. For a viewer to be able get EVERY Pitt game available on TV via 1 single provider, they would have to have DISH, DirectTV or a cable service that carries AT&T SN Pgh and the ACCN.

So streaming is NOT for everybody, if their priority is to be able to see EVERY Pitt game.

There is for me in Atlanta, it's YouTube TV. Every game is either on ACCN, ESPN, for Fox Sports South. Now, granted, most of their games are on 1 of the first 2 networks. But it was comforting to know that I didn't have to think about what channel they'd be on prior to kickoff - just had to open YouTube TV and I'd be able to see the Panthers. Now I'll have to do more homework beforehand.

Yes it was the one thing that kept me from cutting the cord. But I don't care anymore with the Pirates being as bad as they are. Been very happy with YouTube TV.

Is this the year that comcast has to negotiate with ESPN for their next contract? Or is it next year? Hoping for a quick resolution with ACCN added.

This is bad. I have YouTube TV and Yes is one of the channels I expect and want. That means no Yankees games. Could be a big blow for them.
In the DC area, I believe it was NBC Sports Washington that YTTV had here - Wizards, Caps games (I don’t think they had MASN which is Nats/Orioles). Not that I care about those, but others in the area do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT