ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Edey

His back to the basket low post game has no value in today’s NBA, and he isn’t athletic enough to play the way the NBA game is played now.

In 1995, he’d have been a top 10 pick.
That's why NBA basketball has become unwatchable. it's just whip the ball around the perimeter and launch 3s, totally boring, not to mention the constant travelling, lack of defense, and little or no inside post up offense.

Ski acts like its stupid to watch lesser talented college ball but to me its so much more entertaining. The fact that they arent as good makes it so because watching the NBA is like watching a video game. Its just too easy to score......because they're too good and no one puts in effort on defense.
THIS^^^ the fact that college players aren't as good, and they actually enforce the rules is why college ball is way more entertaining.

According to this forbes article be can only do "normal NIL deals". Whether that means US-based collectives paying or not, I don't know. That said, it would be very easy for someone to set up a collective IN Canada to give him the "camps" money.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackma...-revenue-is-out-of-his-reach/?sh=37c269f646c3

This is what I have been saying. As an international, he cant do what I call "real NIL" or what NIL was intended for. He can't do a commercial for Arby's or appear at a car dealership for a meet and greet. But he can do what I call "pay for play NIL." This is where the booster collective pays you a salary for essentially doing nothing. The video shows him at basketball camp in Canada and the Toronto Humane Society. So basically when he goes home for a week or 2 in the summer, he just has to stop off at a couple places to "check the boxes" and then can collect his $1 million or so that he got from the Purdue boosters. He could have made more with the "real NIL" as he said, but he wasnt able to. Dude still got paid though. I'd seriously think about coming back and trying to get $5 million.

Reactions: buckage
This year, pretty boring IMO
Which teams? I'm genuinely curious.

If a non college football fan were to watch Pitt last year, or Iowa, they would probably say the same.
I've watched games with Milwaukee, Denver, LA, Washington because I live nearby and we get their local games, others too, I just don't find NBA interesting, college ball is better to watch IMO.

I've watched games with Milwaukee, Denver, LA, Washington because I live nearby and we get their local games, others too, I just don't find NBA interesting, college ball is better to watch IMO.

Watched some of Sixers/Heat last night. It was tough. Just no effort on defense. I thought they played in the playoffs. Caleb Martin had a corner 3 and literally paused for 2 seconds like you do on the playground as if to say "is anyone going to guard me." Been watching college ball my whole life and I have honestly never seen that open of a look. Just a really bad brand of basketball.

Reactions: Pitt79
Watched some of Sixers/Heat last night. It was tough. Just no effort on defense. I thought they played in the playoffs. Caleb Martin had a corner 3 and literally paused for 2 seconds like you do on the playground as if to say "is anyone going to guard me." Been watching college ball my whole life and I have honestly never seen that open of a look. Just a really bad brand of basketball.
You are so full of manure.

Reactions: TD_6082
You are so full of manure.
Totally agree with him on this, NBA is the most boring and unwatchable basketball there is, college ball is way way way better, Euroleague is even a better game, NBA fans just like to ooh and ahh over long 3s and fantabulous dunks, they don't care about the actual sport, basketball sucks if you don't closely follow all the rules, like travelling and when they don't allow tough, physical defense.

Totally agree with him on this, NBA is the most boring and unwatchable basketball there is, college ball is way way way better, Euroleague is even a better game, NBA fans just like to ooh and ahh over long 3s and fantabulous dunks, they don't care about the actual sport, basketball sucks if you don't closely follow all the rules, like travelling and when they don't allow tough, physical defense.
You know that the NBA tweaked how they officiate to allow for more physical defense this year, right?

You know that the NBA tweaked how they officiate to allow for more physical defense this year, right?

Does it matter? Guys dont play D. They refuse. Open shots to be had anywhere you want them. Granted, some of that is because defenses have to defend basically the entire half court since guys make 40 footers with ease and everyone can shoot but you still dont see the effort on D. Watch a college game and then an NBA game and the defensive effort level jumps out at you.

Apparently you don't seem to follow today's college game where there ia a three or a drive to the basket for layup or a dunk or a pass out for a three. The college game has become a joke because almost anyone can make their baby three. And the pathetic one and one. Why does no other version of oops have a one and one. Because it is a stupid and way outdated thing. This love of college of hoops and hatred of the NBA is a fantasy. As far as Euro league yes itis better because they allow far more physical contact. And the long thjree. U guess nobody last year oohed and ahhed abut a certain Pitt player making logo threes. Nah, just a figment of imaginations.

It's also funny that he complains about the traveling, when the biggest contributor to traveling in the NBA is actually called the "Euro step". Wonder where he thinks that came from?

Reactions: Ski11585
Does it matter? Guys dont play D. They refuse. Open shots to be had anywhere you want them. Granted, some of that is because defenses have to defend basically the entire half court since guys make 40 footers with ease and everyone can shoot but you still dont see the effort on D. Watch a college game and then an NBA game and the defensive effort level jumps out at you.
Once agaain all you do is take your faulty opinions and write than as facts. They are not facts. For instance guys don't play D...What guys? All guys some guys a few guys..Just more SMF BS... And gur]ess what Guys make 40 footers wit ease. Yeah show us guys again how many, guys making 40 footers with ease. Write your opinions not YOUR phony facts.

Apparently you don't seem to follow today's college game where there ia a three or a drive to the basket for layup or a dunk or a pass out for a three. The college game has become a joke because almost anyone can make their baby three. And the pathetic one and one. Why does no other version of oops have a one and one. Because it is a stupid and way outdated thing. This love of college of hoops and hatred of the NBA is a fantasy. As far as Euro league yes itis better because they allow far more physical contact. And the long thjree. U guess nobody last year oohed and ahhed abut a certain Pitt player making logo threes. Nah, just a figment of imaginations.
But it's not the whole game, NBA and college ball are not alike, anyone that thinks they are is totally clueless and doesn't know what they are watching.

Once agaain all you do is take your faulty opinions and write than as facts. They are not facts. For instance guys don't play D...What guys? All guys some guys a few guys..Just more SMF BS... And gur]ess what Guys make 40 footers wit ease. Yeah show us guys again how many, guys making 40 footers with ease. Write your opinions not YOUR phony facts.
Same with you. what you say isn't fact either, it's JUST YOUR OPINION.

The effort in serious NBA games is considerably higher than college. You mistake lack of ability for trying hard.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
The effort in serious NBA games is considerably higher than college. You mistake lack of ability for trying hard.
What's a serious NBA game? Shouldn't they all be serious games? And does that mean there is a lack of effort during unserious games?
Please enlighten me.

What's a serious NBA game? Shouldn't they all be serious games? And does that mean there is a lack of effort during unserious games?
Please enlighten me.

Hardly any NBA game is a serious game. The regular season is completely unwatchable. Half the roster sits out every game and its just a glorified pickup game but with world-class players. Defensive effort is slightly better than that you see in an All-Star game.

The Euro step is a play that, at least here in the United States, would have been called traveling 100% of the time 25 years ago.
Not true. Sarunas Marciulionis used it all the time for the 1990ish Warriors. It was imported with the fall of Yugoslavia and the USSR before Ginobli arrived. And Ginoblis rookie year was 25 years ago. Refs quickly adjusted in the pros.

I have heard people claim Elgin Baylor had the simple two step Eurostep also but I've never seen video evidence of it.

Please enlighten me.
Oh hello! Didn't we go back and forth for a bit about Sean Miller? How's your boy doing now that the loser can't cheat to get a competitive advantage?

Anyway, there are always games at all levels of play where some of the players aren't fully dialed in. I wouldn't expect the Nuggets to get amped to play the Hornets in a random March game the same way they would against Minnesota when the #1 seed is at stake. Just like I don't expect Duke to get up the same way to play some directional state school as they do when they're playing UNC. Claiming you see full effort all the time in college games is just disingenuous.

Hardly any NBA game is a serious game. The regular season is completely unwatchable. Half the roster sits out every game and its just a glorified pickup game but with world-class players. Defensive effort is slightly better than that you see in an All-Star game.
Tell me you don't follow the NBA without telling me you don't follow the NBA. You know that with the 65-game requirement for post-season awards, a whole slew of NBA starts logged more minutes this year than they have in ages. But yes, "half the roster" sits out every game.

Another L for SMF.

This is true for a number of recent college stars - Cockburn from Illinois; Tshibwe (sp) from WVU and Kentucky. The game has passed them by. Who would Edey guard in the NBA?

to be completely fair here Cockburn and Oscar are nowhere near the level or size of Edey

Nah man. Edey gonna get cooked. We're in a new golden age of NBA big men. Joker, Wemby, Embiid, etc. will absolutely embarrass Edey.

lol no shit man they embarrass everyone. Water is wet. Saying that means nothing to Edey being able to play at the next level. I'd actually bet the Lakers would love to have Edey to try to body up Joker this series. Of course he'd get cooked in switches. Most centers do.

lol no shit man they embarrass everyone. Water is wet. Saying that means nothing to Edey being able to play at the next level. I'd actually bet the Lakers would love to have Edey to try to body up Joker this series. Of course he'd get cooked in switches. Most centers do.
To be fair, I've never watched Edey play a minute in my life. But he's still gonna be a bum in the NBA.

Oh hello! Didn't we go back and forth for a bit about Sean Miller? How's your boy doing now that the loser can't cheat to get a competitive advantage?

Anyway, there are always games at all levels of play where some of the players aren't fully dialed in. I wouldn't expect the Nuggets to get amped to play the Hornets in a random March game the same way they would against Minnesota when the #1 seed is at stake. Just like I don't expect Duke to get up the same way to play some directional state school as they do when they're playing UNC. Claiming you see full effort all the time in college games is just disingenuous.

Tell me you don't follow the NBA without telling me you don't follow the NBA. You know that with the 65-game requirement for post-season awards, a whole slew of NBA starts logged more minutes this year than they have in ages. But yes, "half the roster" sits out every game.

Another L for SMF.

You can miss 19 GAMES, almost 25% of the season and win an award? WTF

They need to make a 65 game rule for playing in the playoffs. NBA regular season basketball is a joke. Rec league ball.

They need to make a 65 game rule for playing in the playoffs. NBA regular season basketball is a joke. Rec league ball.

65 game rule for playing in the playoffs is absurd lol .. I'd rather see teams and players fully healthy for the playoffs than playing a B2B against an inferior team in December.

Nice pivot. But you still took the L on this one.

LMAO!

Tell me you don't follow college basketball without telling me you don't follow college basketball.
I've been very open that I follow Pitt and don't really watch non-Pitt college games. Goes for basketball and football.

I didn't know that. So you are more of an NFL guy than college football as well?
Eh. I honestly don’t watch much NFL anymore. I would always call myself a Steeler fan before a Pitt fan, but the game just doesn’t grab me much lately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT