ADVERTISEMENT

😱 omg....Miami kicker

I would think that there would be student shuttles to the game, similar to shuttles provided by Pitt to Heinz when I was in school.

There is absolutely no way it’s 45 min from campus to stadium. You are joking, correct? Miami isn’t DC when it comes to traffic. I’ve been there many times.
Have u ever really drove in South FL? I've sat in traffic on 95 many times.

Do you want to sit on a shuttle on I95?
Just was pointing out the shuttle option cause folks were making it sound like students would have to find their way there on their own.

I would probably do it maybe once on the shuttle as a group trip.

Reactions: TFBaum
What a disaster that would be to be a student at Miami and want to support your football team. And it’s 35-45 min away from campus.

They prolly don’t care much though.

Red vs blue area. It’s mostly predictive in every instance except a few (Oregon, Washington, etc).

Attendance at football games and perception.

Miami is a small university with a total student body of about 18,000 students (as opposed to Penn State with a student body of 100,000). Therefore, there are significantly less alums/students that can attend an event.

Miami plays at Hard Rock stadium with a capacity of 65,000.
If Miami would have played the game at the Marlins Field (football capacity of 34,000) the place would have looked filled.

The University of Cincinnati plays at Nippert Stadium which has a capacity of 40,000 fans and when they play it usually looks like a sellout.

Pitt is a small/mid sized university with a total student body of about 30,000.
Pitt needs to play in a stadium with a capacity of 50,000.

Heinz Field is about 3.5 miles from campus. Pitt (Administration) needs to "Right Size" Heinz Field down to 50,000 (Tarps/restricted sales in certain areas) for only 7 home games per year.

Time for the Pitt Administration and Athletic Department to seriously consider what many alums/fans propose.

Its not rocket science.

I like my Club Seats at Heinz Field.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Nippert stadium is a freaking dump

Nippert stadium is a freaking dump

The point is the TV broadcast of Cincinnati football games in Nippert look exciting with an enthusiastic crowd but the fact remains they have fan attendance similar to Pitt.

The Pitt Administration/Athletic Dept. can fix this situation if only they would seriously look into the concept of "Right Sizing".

Again in the era of Covid, stadiums and arenas (NFL, NBA and NHL) used tarps effectively to mask empty venues for TV Broadcast. They didn't have to do it but they did.

The Pitt Administration/Athletic Dept. should get the consultants who orchestrated the the "Tarping" for the Pro Teams for Heinz Field (Right Sizing)

I like my Heinz Field Club seats.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

There is absolutely no way it’s 45 min from campus to stadium. You are joking, correct? Miami isn’t DC when it comes to traffic. I’ve been there many times.
It’s more than 20 miles from campus, may have tolls depending which way you go, and with traffic 35-45 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT