ADVERTISEMENT

Jeter commitment

Brian Kelly has recruited quite well at ND. But he is like Franklin, a good recruiter but a half-assed coach. As some have said the name ND, sells itself. No one does less with more than these two, however. ND's defense is poor and they really are nothing more than a fringe top 25 team. Other than the name, they carry no special position in college football and do not deserve to be mentioned with any of the top teams. I don't understand the fascination with ND anymore. Apparently PA and particularly Pittsburgh kids still think it is a great place to play CFB. Not sure what that turd Kelly is selling, but our locals are buying it!
I am tired of seeing many of the best kids leaving the area thinking they can do better. The grass is always greener I guess. Anyway, I will continue to hate ND, and hope that they win 3 games for the year so they can fire that entire staff. They have been trying to get back to the glory years for so long, and they just can't. Hope he keeps turning out top ten recruiting classes and turning them into at best, 9 win teams. These kids need to realize, there is a lot more for them right here at home, or at least go to the OSU or Bama if offered. WTF is so great about telling someone I play CFB for ND?

Keep battling Duzz, I know there are plenty of good players that will come here, all we got to do is win! This week would be a really good time to get a winning streak going!

Brian Kelly has recruited quite well at ND. But he is like Franklin, a good recruiter but a half-assed coach. As some have said the name ND, sells itself. No one does less with more than these two, however. ND's defense is poor and they really are nothing more than a fringe top 25 team. Other than the name, they carry no special position in college football and do not deserve to be mentioned with any of the top teams. I don't understand the fascination with ND anymore. Apparently PA and particularly Pittsburgh kids still think it is a great place to play CFB. Not sure what that turd Kelly is selling, but our locals are buying it!
I am tired of seeing many of the best kids leaving the area thinking they can do better. The grass is always greener I guess. Anyway, I will continue to hate ND, and hope that they win 3 games for the year so they can fire that entire staff. They have been trying to get back to the glory years for so long, and they just can't. Hope he keeps turning out top ten recruiting classes and turning them into at best, 9 win teams. These kids need to realize, there is a lot more for them right here at home, or at least go to the OSU or Bama if offered. WTF is so great about telling someone I play CFB for ND?

Keep battling Duzz, I know there are plenty of good players that will come here, all we got to do is win! This week would be a really good time to get a winning streak going!

Kelly is first class d'bag, I see it front and center when they play here..
If Jeter keeps his commitment at ND, good luck and I hope his ex home town boo you at every turn.

Don't give a damn what Jeter does at ND, but if he can't cut it there and wants to come to old fallback Pitt, I hope Nardz has the nads to tell him his position has been filled, same for Foster.

I'm guessing he hasn't, but Pittsburgh in February really isn't any better. That isn't our selling point.

If you think Pittsburgh in February isn't any better, then it is obvious that you have never been to South Bend in February either. It's a moot point, I suppose, but nevertheless true.

As opposed to balmy Oakland? LMAO. Some of you guys are really reaching. You act like ND is some hillbilly community college.

I've never understood people who just can't be objective, but this board and other message boards make it obvious that there are an awful lot of you out there. It's a social experiment, really, and it explains a lot about the current political climate in this country. You believe what you want to believe, the hell with the truth and facts.

I am not contrasting it with balmy Oakland. I am contrasting a place (South Bend) that that time of year reminds one of Siberia, with a flat featureless landscape, howling winds, and damned little to do, with Pittsburgh, with similar temperatures, arguably less wind, a much more interesting landscape and much more to do during those horrible months of winter. If you think the two places are similar, then I would suspect that you have never been there in February either.

Reactions: fitzburgh
If you think Pittsburgh in February isn't any better, then it is obvious that you have never been to South Bend in February either. It's a moot point, I suppose, but nevertheless true.
I wouldn't live (by choice) either place in February. Most people wouldn't.

Kelly had them in the National Championship game in 2012 and in the Fiesta Bowl last year. He took Cincinnati to the Sugar Bowl his final year there. The guy can coach.

Where is this at best 9 wins coming from? He won 10 just last year.

So I am seeing people calling kelly a poor coach? What does that say about Dave who repeatedly got his ass kicked by him with a team that had far more talent?

IKelly may be an ass, but he is a very good coach.

Reactions: Las Panteras
I am not contrasting it with balmy Oakland. I am contrasting a place (South Bend) that that time of year reminds one of Siberia, with a flat featureless landscape, howling winds, and damned little to do, with Pittsburgh, with similar temperatures, arguably less wind, a much more interesting landscape and much more to do during those horrible months of winter. If you think the two places are similar, then I would suspect that you have never been there in February either.
I have spent plenty of time in both places in all seasons. You act as though ND is in northern Minnesota. It's essentially less than one degree of longitude north of Pittsburgh.

News flash--nobody chooses Pitt over any other school based on weather or topography. If that's what HS football prospects care about, they go down south or out west.

There's always plenty to do on a college campus in a college town.

I have spent plenty of time in both places in all seasons. You act as though ND is in northern Minnesota. It's essentially less than one degree of longitude north of Pittsburgh.

News flash--nobody chooses Pitt over any other school based on weather or topography. If that's what HS football prospects care about, they go down south or out west.

There's always plenty to do on a college campus in a college town.
Yep. Drinking and having sex happens everywhere. Even BYU and Utah.

Kelly had them in the National Championship game in 2012 and in the Fiesta Bowl last year. He took Cincinnati to the Sugar Bowl his final year there. The guy can coach.

Where is this at best 9 wins coming from? He won 10 just last year.
Since 2010, he had one great season, and when it came down to brass tacks didn't even belong on the same field with Nick Saban's boys. 10 wins with the bowl win, we at Pitt would be really happy with this but it doesn't exactly get the ND fans hard. The other seasons were 8-5 or 9-4. He has so much talent there and yet can't return ND to glory. No coach since Lou Holtz could! Now he is off to a 1-2 start and losing to solid yet unspectacular teams.
Keep defending your boy and ND. He is not a great coach, he is a solid coach in charge of a program that has had a great past and plenty of tradition, which has really helped him with recruiting, but it hasn't helped him become a top team.
It really hurts some of you ND lovers that they have become a slightly above average football team over the years. Some of you must cling to the past, but Just like Pitt trying to recreate the run of the late 70's and early 80's, ND cannot regain its former place either. They have so much more talent than we do year in and year out and yet Kelly can do nothing but blow up on fellow coaches when it doesn't go his way!
If you are going for an education, well great then! If you are going for football and to play for a slightly above avg. Brian Kelly coached team instead of the local school on the rise and its new staff headed by the energetic and tough Pat Narduzzi, well shame on you!

If I have to repeat this ad nauseum to get it through your heads I wil......If a local kid doesn't want to come here then go beat the bushes and get another another kid comparable or if you strike it right better than the one who leaves...that is all part of recruiting.....the angst over losing a kid baffles me on this board....

Reactions: pittmeister

This is a terrible post. What are athletes in Pittsburgh doing that they can't do at ND?

Since 2010, he had one great season, and when it came down to brass tacks didn't even belong on the same field with Nick Saban's boys. 10 wins with the bowl win, we at Pitt would be really happy with this but it doesn't exactly get the ND fans hard. The other seasons were 8-5 or 9-4. He has so much talent there and yet can't return ND to glory. No coach since Lou Holtz could! Now he is off to a 1-2 start and losing to solid yet unspectacular teams.
Keep defending your boy and ND. He is not a great coach, he is a solid coach in charge of a program that has had a great past and plenty of tradition, which has really helped him with recruiting, but it hasn't helped him become a top team.
It really hurts some of you ND lovers that they have become a slightly above average football team over the years. Some of you must cling to the past, but Just like Pitt trying to recreate the run of the late 70's and early 80's, ND cannot regain its former place either. They have so much more talent than we do year in and year out and yet Kelly can do nothing but blow up on fellow coaches when it doesn't go his way!
If you are going for an education, well great then! If you are going for football and to play for a slightly above avg. Brian Kelly coached team instead of the local school on the rise and its new staff headed by the energetic and tough Pat Narduzzi, well shame on you!

Maybe they want to be on national television every week instead of ESPNU or ESPN3. Maybe they want a chance to play for a national championship, or at least top level bowls. Maybe they like the campus. Maybe they like the fact Kelly has put 6 first rounders and 6 second rounders (and 27 total) players in the NFL draft since he's been there.

Why worry about why a 17 year old didn't choose the school you root for? And why question him like you know better?

Reactions: Jpripper88
narduzzi fought to the bitter end on sanders
narduzzi was with hudson the day before LOI fighting to the end
narduzzi will fight to the end with jeter. especially considering.he was one of the biggest targets in this class. i cannot tell how many times i read over the last year how he was a must get. now that he picks somebody else, those same people just want to say, no big deal, lets move on.

real recruiting is not like message boards. some message board posters get their feelings hurt when a kid picks another school.

once a kid with a bunch of offers verbals, that is when the real recruiting begins.

we don't need a coach that is a quitter. that is NOT narduzzi's style.

when kids originally pick another school, like Sibley, then they flip to us, everyone likes that. Narduzzi didn't give up when he verballed to OSU. Now, he's with us.

If I have to repeat this ad nauseum to get it through your heads I wil......If a local kid doesn't want to come here then go beat the bushes and get another another kid comparable or if you strike it right better than the one who leaves...that is all part of recruiting.....the angst over losing a kid baffles me on this board....

I wanted Jeter, he did seem to me to have some issues, especially towards the end of his recruitment. If Duzz can handle those types of players than so much the better, not sure I would be able to or would want to. I guess that's why he is in this business and I am not.

This is a terrible post. What are athletes in Pittsburgh doing that they can't do at ND?

It is entirely moot of course, but in my opinion, at least, South Bend is a dump, with almost no cultural or night life, other than that generated by the University. I must have missed South Bend's new standing as one of America's most livable cities. Probably came in right around Akron or Erie....maybe Fort Wayne.

If weather mattered, San Diego St would win recruiting every year. If academics mattered Northwestern would dominate. If uniforms mattered nobody would go to Alabama. If girls mattered ND wouldn't have gotten anyone until 1970.

The argument that one game or a coach's demeanor or any singular circumstance makes a huge matter to overall recruiting is a waste of time

Reactions: QuitCallingMeWanny
It is entirely moot of course, but in my opinion, at least, South Bend is a dump, with almost no cultural or night life, other than that generated by the University. I must have missed South Bend's new standing as one of America's most livable cities. Probably came in right around Akron or Erie....maybe Fort Wayne.

Here's the thing: For an average person I 100% agree with you. But I don't think your average college football player needs a nightlight or cultural life beyond what is generated by the University.

Nobody is coming to Pitt because it's voted most livable city. Football players aren't going to Michelen star restaurants or dropping 500 bucks on Hamilton tickets. They're going to parties and bars. You can do that as easily at ND as at Pitt.

FYI, most 18-22 year olds are looking to party and have sex. They don't care about walkability to attractions or restaurants or parks or recreation activities or K-12 schools or basically anything else on those lists. Pittsburgh has some amazing things that make it a great city. 90%+ of the football team will never scratch the surface of those things because of lack of time, interest, age, and money.

South Bend sucks, but Notre Dame is 3 miles away and is absolutely beautiful. The social stuff is mostly contained on campus, each dorm is like its own fraternity/sorority house. The dorms compete with each other. Every ND student identifies him/her self with the dorm or "house" they lived in freshman year. The athletes are mixed in with everyone else and end up with lifetime friendships outside of fellow football players. Its healthy for athletes in that respect. It's a bond that ND alums maintain for life.

It's a very different college experience than kids get at most schools, and most people would agree in a good way. I have friends and family who are ND alums, they all loved going to the school and remain connected to the school and their friends from their days there.

If you knew any alums or had any personal experience with ND, I think you'd view it very differently.

I mean, Cambridge Mass. and New Haven CT suck too, but Harvard and Yale are their own completely different places within those communities.

Lastly, I'm a lifelong Pitt fan, but Pitt is not in a position to criticize very many other campus settings. You guys are funny. If it's a B10 school you dislike it's a cow pasture in the middle of nowhere. If it's ND it's the South Bend ghetto with a Siberian climate. If it's in the SEC it's a racist, cultural and academic wasteland. If it's in the ACC it's a utopia with far more in common with Pitt and Pittsburgh than those other places.

It's laughable.

South Bend sucks, but Notre Dame is 3 miles away and is absolutely beautiful. The social stuff is mostly contained on campus, each dorm is like its own fraternity/sorority house. The dorms compete with each other. Every ND student identifies him/her self with the dorm or "house" they lived in freshman year. The athletes are mixed in with everyone else and end up with lifetime friendships outside of fellow football players. Its healthy for athletes in that respect. It's a bond that ND alums maintain for life.

It's a very different college experience than kids get at most schools, and most people would agree in a good way. I have friends and family who are ND alums, they all loved going to the school and remain connected to the school and their friends from their days there.

If you knew any alums or had any personal experience with ND, I think you'd view it very differently.

I mean, Cambridge Mass. and New Haven CT suck too, but Harvard and Yale are their own completely different places within those communities.

Lastly, I'm a lifelong Pitt fan, but Pitt is not in a position to criticize very many other campus settings. You guys are funny. If it's a B10 school you dislike it's a cow pasture in the middle of nowhere. If it's ND it's the South Bend ghetto with a Siberian climate. If it's in the SEC it's a racist, cultural and academic wasteland. If it's in the ACC it's a utopia with far more in common with Pitt and Pittsburgh than those other places.

It's laughable.

It all boils down to a matter of personal choice and preference.

And why wouldn't a lot of people who went to school at Pitt think highly of Pitt?

I went to Pitt because I CHOSE to. Had a blast and got a great education that has served me very well in my career and has contributed to allowing me to have what I consider to have been a wonderful life. Just because a recruit chose to go to ND instead doesn't change my feelings about that one iota. To each his or her own.

It's laughable.
I'd be willing to bet the vast majority expressing those opinions are people who have never experienced those other places for even an afternoon.

What game will our Notre Dame enchanted posters be attending this weekend and why aren't they on the Notre Dame board with their obviously elite counterparts in lieu of soiling themselves here among fans of a 2nd rate school and mediocre football team? They must be taking pity on us "yinzers" and graciously stooping to enlighten our provincial ignorance with their brilliance and vast world experience.
Thank you, oh thank you. We are all now so much wiser

They like to claim the Irish. It's actually French, but who cares about facts. There were more disenfranchised Catholic Irish in the states at the time of Rockne, so they ran with that during their travels. Barnum and Bailey type stuff.
Actually they had a football team full of Irish kids, were losing some game, and one of the coaches bellowed during half time that "They weren't fighting like Irish".
The rest is history.

What game will our Notre Dame enchanted posters be attending this weekend and why aren't they on the Notre Dame board with their obviously elite counterparts in lieu of soiling themselves here among fans of a 2nd rate school and mediocre football team? They must be taking pity on us "yinzers" and graciously stooping to enlighten our provincial ignorance with their brilliance and vast world experience.
Thank you, oh thank you. We are all now so much wiser
It's not a matter of being less loyal of a Pitt fan than, say, one of the mouthbreathers who believes that your Pitt fanhood is measured by glorifying all things Pitt, while zealously denigrating other competing football programs and the schools they happen to be attached to. Rather, it's just a matter of calling out the ignorant and uninformed. There are quite a few of those among us here.

For instance, I'm not a ND fan, but I have spent a fair amount of time there, been to several ND home football games as a visiting fan, including at least 5-6 Pitt games and a few Michigan State games, I have spent some time around Brian Kelly earlier in his career, and count several ND alums as friends and family members. It is an excellent school in every respect, and one with with a beautiful campus and a gracious alumni fanbase. I am fairly confident that not a single one of the Lair posters hating on ND for whatever reason have any factual or experiential frame of reference for what they are posting at all. And that's pretty much the definition of ignorance and stupidity.

It's laughable.

Whoa, Nelllie! I never used, nor would I use, the term ghetto. I have spent time at ND, and I have many friends who are alums (and who constantly complained about how awful it was there during the long winter months). It is true that dorm life rules at ND, and it is a fine academic institution with a rich tradition (to say the least) on a beautiful campus. My point was that the campus is a lot less beautiful when you are walking from one end of it to the other in February. It is also true that the nearest bars and restaurants are quite a distance (walking, at any rate) from the dorms, and I am not talking about Zagat's rated places, I'm talking about anything.

Are you joking????????

OK, well first off, Pitt is 4 times bigger, and has CMU, Chatham, carlow, Duquense, point Park... lots more college kids... lots.

Next... Pittsburgh has about every performer coming to town, theaters, conventions, comedy sites... just a million things that a large city offers over a small town.

Next... PITT PRACTICES WITH AND EATS LUNCH WITH THE STEELERS! I mean, freaking once in a lifetime opportunity with our student athletes to interact with the professionals they are trying to be someday, and on a daily basis. Plus a good chance, as we have seen for the steeler coaches to see our team and sign them as free agents (KK and V this year).

OK, I know Notre Dame has the history and all, and you guys play a great schedule. But you cant possibly say college life is better there.

It's not a matter of being less loyal of a Pitt fan than, say, one of the mouthbreathers who believes that your Pitt fanhood is measured by glorifying all things Pitt, while zealously denigrating other competing football programs and the schools they happen to be attached to. Rather, it's just a matter of calling out the ignorant and uninformed. There are quite a few of those among us here.

For instance, I'm not a ND fan, but I have spent a fair amount of time there, been to several ND home football games as a visiting fan, including at least 5-6 Pitt games and a few Michigan State games, I have spent some time around Brian Kelly earlier in his career, and count several ND alums as friends and family members. It is an excellent school in every respect, and one with with a beautiful campus and a gracious alumni fanbase. I am fairly confident that not a single one of the Lair posters hating on ND for whatever reason have any factual or experiential frame of reference for what they are posting at all. And that's pretty much the definition of ignorance and stupidity.
I don't hate the town, the campus, or the people. I simply hate the program regardless of the coach or the players. They have lived off their past tradition far to long. They are really a slightly above avg football team that has a network devoted to kissing their ass every weekend. They are too proud and too greedy to join a conference. They have this sense of entitlement that makes me sick. It is like, hey, we are Notre Dame, we will tell you what to do, you don't tell us. One day I hope recruits wake up and realize the program is not what it was, they are has beens searching for hope. I don't understand how anyone can like that team unless they are some type of eliteist. Soon it will be Kelly's turn to hit the road, the latest in a long line of failures who tried to bring ND their next National title!

Your insufferable arrogance is disgusting! Pitt's "mouthbreathers" and "the ignorant and uninformed" of whom "there are quite a few of among us here" I certainly
am now aware of one
You are not a ND fan, you are a ND adorer. None of their fans are haters, mouth breathers, ignorant or stupid. ND" is excellent in every respect" And you are confident that any Lair poster critical of ND possesses no factual or experiential basis for their posts. So add liars to the list of Pitt's Neanderthal fans. Like the Joebots, you see, hear, say no evil. Your own words condemn you.

I am "fairly confident " that you will not be rooting for Pitt when they play ND, and that's pretty much not the definition of a Pitt fan.

Your insufferable arrogance is disgusting! Pitt's "mouthbreathers" and "the ignorant and uninformed" of whom "there are quite a few of among us here" I certainly
am now aware of one
You are not a ND fan, you are a ND adorer. None of their fans are haters, mouth breathers, ignorant or stupid. ND" is excellent in every respect" And you are confident that any Lair poster critical of ND possesses no factual or experiential basis for their posts. So add liars to the list of Pitt's Neanderthal fans. Like the Joebots, you see, hear, say no evil. Your own words condemn you.

I am "fairly confident " that you will not be rooting for Pitt when they play ND, and that's pretty much not the definition of a Pitt fan.
Right on cue. Thanks for validating my point.

Incidentally, your reading is as deficient as your writing.

No way you graduated from Pitt, or any other accredited 4 year college.

Right on cue. Thanks for validating my point.

Incidentally, your reading is as deficient as your writing.

No way you graduated from Pitt, or any other accredited 4 year college.

Nice, baseless AD Hominem. This seems to be your standard MO. Your puerile attempts at bullying are pitiful. "Nah, nah, no, you do!" Go play your sociopathic Bullshit Bingo with someone who won't fight back. Grow up, little boy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT