ADVERTISEMENT

Jeter commitment

lol he's just a regular dude who follows Pitt football. I forget what site he used to post on, I think 247 when Greg was running it. He's buddies with Dokish. Pugliese is another regular dude. Don't put much value into their predictions.
I checked on Dokish's Twitter and he hasn't even commented about it, which is very unDokish like...

-Actually, I like the timing of this assuming we get him

-Last year Notre Dame backdoored Damar Hamlin, saying he was a backup recruit and not a priority all along after he eliminated Notre Dame from his list. Notre Dame was all over Hamlin and they ended up landing some smurf track star recruit instead. I remember it, then they tried to claim a cop out they didnt want him and was clearly a plan b, which was a crock of shit

-This year, it would be a slap in the face to visit Notre Dame as he just visited Notre Dame and then commit to Pitt the next day. That way Notre Dame cant make up some lame bunk garbage they didnt want him all along and had a side offer for him.

My favorite part of the "crystal ball" predictions....guys that 3 days ago were cb him to Pitt are now changing it to ND....so if he picks ND they can thump their chest as if they nailed it and knew all along.
Have to cover all bases. That way you are always right.

Steel, they never said they didn't want him or he was a plan B. What they did do, they set a date if he didn't verbal to them they were moving on to another recruit. That other recruit was a 4* commit just like Hamlin.

The timing in this case does not bode well for us. Why would Jeter slap them in the face just after getting home from his ND visit, especially when he had a Halloween announcement already on the books.

Steel, they never said they didn't want him or he was a plan B. What they did do, they set a date if he didn't verbal to them they were moving on to another recruit. That other recruit was a 4* commit just like Hamlin.

The timing in this case does not bode well for us. Why would Jeter slap them in the face just after getting home from his ND visit, especially when he had a Halloween announcement already on the books.

-You say what you want. It was all over the place after they landed that smurf, because I argued with a Notre Dame fan about, pulled up the guy they landed and my left toe had more muscle than the shrimp they got. The guy was a stick. They knew they were not getting Hamlin. Everyone knew he was almost a Pitt lock at that point.

I thought it was 1 spot for 2 guys and whoever committed first got it.

Regardless it may be splitting hairs because ultimately he didn't commit soon enough and ND moved on.

I thought it was 1 spot for 2 guys and whoever committed first got it.

Regardless it may be splitting hairs because ultimately he didn't commit soon enough and ND moved on.

-Every time we beat out Penn State or Notre Dame for a recruit its always he is a backup. Paris Ford has 40+ offers from Alabama all the to USC all the way down to Florida State back up to Oklahoma. Penn State and Notre Dame, he was plan B. Its how these 2 fanbases are. Alabama didnt say anything when we landed Camp, Ohio State didnt say anything when we got Hamlin. Its always those 2 fanbases.

-Either way, Notre Dame isnt winning anything with Kelly and that DC running the show. But its a nice 20 year plan Kelly has.

-Every time we beat out Penn State or Notre Dame for a recruit its always he is a backup. Paris Ford has 40+ offers from Alabama all the to USC all the way down to Florida State back up to Oklahoma. Penn State and Notre Dame, he was plan B. Its how these 2 fanbases are. Alabama didnt say anything when we landed Camp, Ohio State didnt say anything when we got Hamlin. Its always those 2 fanbases.

-Either way, Notre Dame isnt winning anything with Kelly and that DC running the show. But its a nice 20 year plan Kelly has.

I never said he was a backup. They wanted him. If he'd have committed sooner he'd be there. I said earlier - maybe Pitt was always the leader. I don't know. But I do know ND was a strong contender for a period of time.

The kid ND got instead of Hamlin was not a smurf(Steel's word). Pride was the kid they got and he is a 6 foot CB 4 star.

Reactions: Jpripper88
The kid ND got instead of Hamlin was not a smurf(Steel's word). Pride was the kid they got and he is a 6 foot CB 4 star.

-Here's a picture of the stick. 4 Star recruit my ass with that build. It was a nice player bump for recruiting, he was a 3 star before he committed. That's the funniest part. It doesnt matter, Notre Dame's secondary is invincible this year. Maybe recruit someone that doesnt have a 2 inch round arm.

14_4718908.JPG

Funny, he always talked about how relationships with coaches and feeling comfortable with the program were most important to him. Now, with ND's DC on the hot seat, he visits and suddenly feels really good about the coaching situation there? I tell you, regardless of who he picks tomorrow, the kid loves drama.

Reactions: pittmeister
Funny, he always talked about how relationships with coaches and feeling comfortable with the program were most important to him. Now, with ND's DC on the hot seat, he visits and suddenly feels really good about the coaching situation there? I tell you, regardless of who he picks tomorrow, the kid loves drama.

BINGO!

I think both of your statements are correct.
My source may be wrong, but the next day, I was told he was the silent commit from last week. I guess we'll see tomorrow at 7:00. I still think it's Pitt.

Think of this as a good way to give ND a big FU for thinking they can come in here and pluck who they want.

Reactions: 88Pitt88
I think Ray Zellars played at Oliver HS
Everyone, just relax. You guys that bought into this notion that he's going to ND should just relax and wait until tomorrow night.
I'd bet big money that he's committing to Pitt. His visit to ND was just about taking a visit to ND, and why not? Even if I knew where I was going, I'd take all five of my official visits.

I think both of your statements are correct.
My source may be wrong, but the next day, I was told he was the silent commit from last week. I guess we'll see tomorrow at 7:00. I still think it's Pitt.

Think of this as a good way to give ND a big FU for thinking they can come in here and pluck who they want.

So you really think he's picking Pitt? Genuine ? Not being a jerk

-Here's a picture of the stick. 4 Star recruit my ass with that build. It was a nice player bump for recruiting, he was a 3 star before he committed. That's the funniest part. It doesnt matter, Notre Dame's secondary is invincible this year. Maybe recruit someone that doesnt have a 2 inch round arm.

14_4718908.JPG

Unreal shuttle time though.

Reactions: OriginalEther
It could be he knows he wants to go to pitt and doesnt want to continue recruiting. He is supposed to go to michigan october 1at also. He may still pick pitt

It could be he knows he wants to go to pitt and doesnt want to continue recruiting. He is supposed to go to michigan october 1at also. He may still pick pitt
Agree with this. I still think he is a Pitt lock until we find out otherwise. What makes this all so strange is the timing of it all.

So you really think he's picking Pitt? Genuine ? Not being a jerk

Yes I do. The kid likes to play games. I can see him screwing around with Loy to get all 247 in a tizzy changing their cb's and then him turning around and picking Pitt. I could be wrong, but if I had to put money on it, i'd put it on Pitt.

Reactions: ViciousHitter
9 of these "professionals" predicted a commitment to Notre dame today. This would be a deception for the legends. Looks like Notre dame. Both shocking and disappointing.

Agree with this. I still think he is a Pitt lock until we find out otherwise. What makes this all so strange is the timing of it all.

Timing makes perfect sense to me. Kid takes a visit to ND and is overwhelmed by the gameday atmosphere and makes a knee jerk commitment.

Besides how could someone who has "GOD" as their Twitter handle not be impressed seeing Touchdown Jesus?

Seriously, with how this board is freaking out, how could a recruit not want to have some fun with it? He can go anywhere that he wants. If I were him, even if I made a decision, I would take some trips and mess with recruiting "experts."

9 of these "professionals" predicted a commitment to Notre dame today. This would be a deception for the legends. Looks like Notre dame. Both shocking and disappointing.

I don't see how any rational human would believe Jeter is just messing with ND reporters and will announce Pitt. ND is a great campus, great program. Its easy to understand that he loves his visit and wants to go there. He's not just trying to trick people.

Best case scenario for Pitt is if he postpones the announcement.

I don't see how any rational human would believe Jeter is just messing with ND reporters and will announce Pitt. ND is a great campus, great program. Its easy to understand that he loves his visit and wants to go there. He's not just trying to trick people.

And you know this for a fact?

Guys,
For what its worth, I drove thru Beaver Falls on Saturday. I did not see any indication that Jeter was going to commit to Pitt or ND.

Have you been to South Bend in February?

Outside of the city (which college kids don't care about )

Pitt has not a single advantage over any power school .

Let's be realistic .

Not sure what thread you meant to respond to but we are talking about jeter from Pittsburgh .

And of course pitt has advantages and disadvantages... What are you talking about?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT