ADVERTISEMENT

Jeter commitment

I don't see how any rational human would believe Jeter is just messing with ND reporters and will announce Pitt. ND is a great campus, great program. Its easy to understand that he loves his visit and wants to go there. He's not just trying to trick people.

Best case scenario for Pitt is if he postpones the announcement.

He does what he wants and gets a kick out of screwing with people all the time on twitter. Literally after his tweet about big decision, he states that getting people in a frenzy about his decision is "his job".

He very well could postpone, he could come out and say he's committing to getting Beaver Falls to states or some other nonsense like a kid did last year. I still have my money on he ends up at Pitt...you don't and that's fine.

Reactions: ViciousHitter
He does what he wants and gets a kick out of screwing with people all the time on twitter. Literally after his tweet about big decision, he states that getting people in a frenzy about his decision is "his job".

He very well could postpone, he could come out and say he's committing to getting Beaver Falls to states or some other nonsense like a kid did last year. I still have my money on he ends up at Pitt...you don't and that's fine.

Hope you are right. I see it the other way , and I hope I'm wrong

I'm guessing he hasn't, but Pittsburgh in February really isn't any better. That isn't our selling point.
there was a majestic scene of Mikey from Goonies walking thru campus, dejected after his latest declination letter from Notre dame.. Not sure if it was February, the snowfall gives a wintery impression though. I thought it was quite beautiful..

Have you been to South Bend in February?
As opposed to balmy Oakland? LMAO. Some of you guys are really reaching. You act like ND is some hillbilly community college.

I've never understood people who just can't be objective, but this board and other message boards make it obvious that there are an awful lot of you out there. It's a social experiment, really, and it explains a lot about the current political climate in this country. You believe what you want to believe, the hell with the truth and facts.

Announcing to Notre Dame today crushes Pitt in a couple ways. First and foremost, it's a killer for perception. The only WPIAL players committed are Ford, Houy and Carrigan. That sucks and watching all of the talent go elsewhere is a regression for Narduzzi. Secondly, Jeter was a Pitt absolute lock. This staff must understand what ND did and what they failed to do. Losing Jeter to ND or any program is unacceptable when you're trying to re-build on defense.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
Good to know jeter was a lock haha. I.never read anything saying he was anymore of a lock than wade.

Then get 10 bucks together..subscribe to the premium board and read Ryan Donnally's posts on Jeter. Or, open your eyes and read how many times he's been on campus since Narduzzi became coach. Compare it with any school in the country.

So wat if he goes to Notre Dame ... This is the same guy who disappeared in he's last two or three games against the Quips , didn't even know he played . I like to keep local kids too but 4 and 5 Stars don't equal immediate production ... I'll take a 2 or 3 star kid with great coaching then the 5 star bust .. I.e. Shane hale , Dorian Bell any many more ..

This staff must understand what ND did and what they failed to do.

Huh? They are Notre Dame. That's what they did.

I am in no way an ND fan but to be perfectly honest, if ND offered my son at some sport that Pitt also offered him in, I would be hard-pressed to talk him into passing up ND for Pitt. I love Pitt, probably too much but Notre Dame is Notre Dame. If my son wanted to go to ND over Pitt, there's no way I could object to that. Now if it were Ohio State, Michigan, Maryland , VT, or any random state school, that's much different. Notre Dame is Notre Dame.

So wat if he goes to Notre Dame ... This is the same guy who disappeared in he's last two or three games against the Quips , didn't even know he played . I like to keep local kids too but 4 and 5 Stars don't equal immediate production ... I'll take a 2 or 3 star kid with great coaching then the 5 star bust .. I.e. Shane hale , Dorian Bell any many more ..

I will assume you are a Pitt fan. if so.....then you got your wish.....

You happy with the results from the last 4 coaching regimes?

Reactions: ViciousHitter
Huh? They are Notre Dame. That's what they did.

I am in no way an ND fan but to be perfectly honest, if ND offered my son at some sport that Pitt also offered him in, I would be hard-pressed to talk him into passing up ND for Pitt. I love Pitt, probably too much but Notre Dame is Notre Dame. If my son wanted to go to ND over Pitt, there's no way I could object to that. Now if it were Ohio State, Michigan, Maryland , VT, or any random state school, that's much different. Notre Dame is Notre Dame.

Alabama also offered.

Announcing to Notre Dame today crushes Pitt in a couple ways. First and foremost, it's a killer for perception. The only WPIAL players committed are Ford, Houy and Carrigan. That sucks and watching all of the talent go elsewhere is a regression for Narduzzi. Secondly, Jeter was a Pitt absolute lock. This staff must understand what ND did and what they failed to do. Losing Jeter to ND or any program is unacceptable when you're trying to re-build on defense.
Agree that getting wiped by ND for this WPIAL bumper crop is a devastating reality check as to where Pitt stands in the grand scheme of recruiting and college football.

FWIW, ND has been getting a lot of the top kids in other states too, notably Michigan and Ohio. I think last year they took 3 of the top 6 players in Michigan away from UM and MSU, no small feat.

But as far as understanding what ND did and Pitt failed to do, it's not about that. I'm sure nobody has worked the local kids harder and more sincerely than the Dooz, he is a high energy hands on recruiter with plenty of personality and passion, his players have loved playing for him everywhere he's been, and their parents love him too. But ND sells itself, always has, always will.

If you think we're frustrated by losing out on these kids, imagine how Narduzzi feels. He's a very competitive guy who doesn't take losing very well. I suspect coming in he thought Pitt would be an easier sell to the local kids. Well, he has 30 years of futility to overcome.

There's only one way to change their perception: start winning and stop looking like clowns that give up 650 yards to borderline top 20 teams. For that to happen, we need to get bigger, faster, and stronger for Narduzzi's defense to work as it should against real opponents. Don;t judge this team by what it does against the Villanovas or UVAs, judge it by what it does against real teams with real D1 players. Our LBs and DBs outside of Whitehead are honestly lesser players than a Central Michigan rolls out every Saturday (s is our QB and WRs but we're talking defense here). We don't have the players to put our DBs on an island all game long against a strong throwing team with real athletes on the outside. They are losing the athletic battles at the LOS and down the field. It's that simple. We also don't have good enough, athletic enough LBs to have them playing hard downhill all game long against that kind of opponent. They don't get home fast enough when they blitz and they don't have the athletic ability to recover and regain position when they make a bad read.

Hopefully, this 2016 class will end up being a big first step to fixing that personnel deficit on D.

Agree that getting wiped by ND for this WPIAL bumper crop is a devastating reality check as to where Pitt stands in the grand scheme of recruiting and college football.

FWIW, ND has been getting a lot of the top kids in other states too, notably Michigan and Ohio. I think last year they took 3 of the top 6 players in Michigan away from UM and MSU, no small feat.

But as far as understanding what ND did and Pitt failed to do, it's not about that. I'm sure nobody has worked the local kids harder and more sincerely than the Dooz, he is a high energy hands on recruiter with plenty of personality and passion, his players have loved playing for him everywhere he's been, and their parents love him too. But ND sells itself, always has, always will.

If you think we're frustrated by losing out on these kids, imagine how Narduzzi feels. He's a very competitive guy who doesn't take losing very well. I suspect coming in he thought Pitt would be an easier sell to the local kids. Well, he has 30 years of futility to overcome.

There's only one way to change their perception: start winning and stop looking like clowns that give up 650 yards to borderline top 20 teams. For that to happen, we need to get bigger, faster, and stronger for Narduzzi's defense to work as it should against real opponents. Don;t judge this team by what it does against the Villanovas or UVAs, judge it by what it does against real teams with real D1 players. Our LBs and DBs outside of Whitehead are honestly lesser players than a Central Michigan rolls out every Saturday (s is our QB and WRs but we're talking defense here). We don't have the players to put our DBs on an island all game long against a strong throwing team with real athletes on the outside. They are losing the athletic battles at the LOS and down the field. It's that simple. We also don't have good enough, athletic enough LBs to have them playing hard downhill all game long against that kind of opponent. They don't get home fast enough when they blitz and they don't have the athletic ability to recover and regain position when they make a bad read.

Hopefully, this 2016 class will end up being a big first step to fixing that personnel deficit on D.

Great post. I'm extremely concerned that Paris Ford starts looking around too. Adams, Hinish, Lugg, Jeter all going to ND has me very concerned

SMH

Reactions: fivetoolprospect
Great post. I'm extremely concerned that Paris Ford starts looking around too. Adams, Hinish, Lugg, Jeter all going to ND has me very concerned
If you're extremely concerned about a 17 year old kid (who you don't know) making a personal decision regarding where to attend college...get help

I read like 3 in the last hour , some are tweeting it. I didn't wrote down who they were , after I heard there were , I started looking, found a few, the other boards pay board is a start

If you're extremely concerned about a 17 year old kid (who you don't know) making a personal decision regarding where to attend college...get help
You are reading and posting about it before 10am on a Monday morning. You (we) aren't much better.

You are reading and posting about it before 10am on a Monday morning. You (we) aren't much better.
I'm retired. This is a safe and harmless way to pass some time. I would like to keep Ford and land Jeter, but I'm not "extremely concerned". It's college football for goodness sakes. I was extremely concerned when James Conner was diagnosed with cancer.

ND is the Yankees of NCAA FB. How either team doesn't win a championship every other season is beyond logic. Maybe it is the COACHING......yes , it is the COACHING. Kelly is a major pos!

Hoping we land Jeter but not holding my breathe either.

I'm retired. This is a safe and harmless way to pass some time. I would like to keep Ford and land Jeter, but I'm not "extremely concerned". It's college football for goodness sakes. I was extremely concerned when James Conner was diagnosed with cancer.
So that makes it better? You are bound by nothing. You could be doing whatever you want right now and are on a recruiting message board. Most of the rest are checking this while they work. They have to be in front of a computer and are getting paid for it.

All of us on here have whacked priorities.

calm down guys, no need to get into a name calling fight over a verbal announcement.

I never put a lot of stock in what people say, I watch what they do... The overwhelming evidence says Pitt based on the amount of time he has spent with Narduzzi and the other Pitt coaches.

If Jeter watched and listened carefully, he would cross ND off his list based on Kelly's sideline antics and the way those 4 and 5 star athletes performed on the field against a rebuilding MSU team.

I'm betting Pitt....

I never put a lot of stock in what people say, I watch what they do... The overwhelming evidence says Pitt based on the amount of time he has spent with Narduzzi and the other Pitt coaches.

If Jeter watched and listened carefully, he would cross ND off his list based on Kelly's sideline antics and the way those 4 and 5 star athletes performed on the field against a rebuilding MSU team.

I'm betting Pitt....

Just announced to ND

Plenty of time to flip him

Yep. Who knows.

Best of luck to him if he goes there. But he's been so up and down. Announce on Halloween. Then announce today at 7. Who knows where he ends up.

And another who knows - maybe they pressured him and played the numbers game and he made an emotional decision.

In any case I hope he comes to Pitt. But if not, farewell.

While I agree with this... It's not like Texas didn't thrash ND for a ton of yards. They're a borderline Top 20 team. Just lost to Cal after toppling ND. Pretty sure the Irish D didn't look too hot v. Sparty either.

ND is the Yankees of NCAA FB. How either team doesn't win a championship every other season is beyond logic. Maybe it is the COACHING......yes , it is the COACHING. Kelly is a major pos!

Hoping we land Jeter but not holding my breathe either.
Not even close to true.

Alabama is the Yankees of CFB, Ohio State is the Red Sox, and ND is a perennial preseason playoff contender that doesn't always have the horses. In recent years, quality depth on D and along the lines has been a major problem for them. When they've lost guys to injury, suspension, etc., they end up with true or RS freshmen playing in their place.

ND is much closer to Michigan State talent-wise than it is to the real loaded teams in CFB.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I think he made an emotional decision. Let the season play out.

no, it was the famous take it or leave it from ND. Amazing that Jeter fell for it. How you throw all the relations you built here to sign somewhere you just visited and have very little relation is very strange. Much like the Morelli to PSU. Weird to commit with not a strong relationship in place.

Reactions: fivetoolprospect
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT