ADVERTISEMENT

New uniforms next season

I agree, but plenty of folks knew for over a decade that Steve wasn't a good leader. I know Pitt said all the right things about Steve's departure ("he was great", "it's the situation", etc), but the change in the way things have gone so far tell a different story. Up until the uniform issue, they have pretty much done everything well.
Frankly, nothing has ACTUALLY changed really.
Only the perception, because some tend to only view things in a Jaundiced Eye when SP was around.

Like I've said for years, he could have been fired long ago, and I wouldn't have blinked an eye.....
but the fundamental problems facing athletics have not changed.

The KDKA images were junk, but it is a safe bet that Pitt's uniforms are going to be comparable to other recent Nike uniform combos. We are going to end up with navy outs, white outs, and all sort of stuff that further dilutes the brand and colors. It was cool for the for couple of times teams did this, but now it has already become passe. Pitt should not make this mistake.

BlhhArzCEAAb_MK.jpg

BlXeFb5CIAEUtl0.png

I am going to have to disagree with this one 100%. I think kids are going to eat this up. They love these looks. Kids aren't right now going to Pitt because of atmosphere or because of our tradition or because of our old uniform colors. As a fan, I get what you are saying from the dilution of tradition etc...But we need to sell potential recruits. Not a single kid is going to say "I am not going to Pitt because they use a Dino Cat" but I can guarantee you that some kids would look at these uniforms and now include Pitt in their final decision.

I see this every day. My kids love Oregon and the likes. I have one student this past year that said he looked faster for scouts in our new uniforms that we purchased. I had another student a few years back that said he didn't care if the team won or loss, but he cared about looking good on the field.

These Nike multi-unis might not be what the older fans like, but I can assure you that the kids we are recruiting eat this stuff up...

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Honestly, Pitt does not have a traditional uniform. It has changed its colors, logo...everything. Like it or not, that is our history. Therefore, change the uniform constantly. Change is Pitt's tradition. And with change comes innovation. I say we just embrace it.

Nike, Under Armor and others prefer having multiple Uniform changes not just every year, but almost every game. The New Dawn is upon all Sports Programs and will soon happen in the pros too. the only reason why it doesn't the Pro Clubs look at the Bottom Line and have rules on Uniforms more than College Football Programs.

There is a New High Tech Firm now that can create and change a helmet every week if that is what is desired.

Pitt had an Athletic Director that made huge mistakes and spent lots of Pitt Money on Management Consultants later found out by Nebraska after they fired him, and Pitt said they too thanked him but his Management Style was no longer acceptable. Pederson's ego and self-promotion was always a problem here and why he could not increase, keep, or maintain support for NU or PITT over his wimpy constant changes from Color Schemes that looked like Colorado Copy Cats to Notre Dame looks a likes to this last year of Uniforms that kept creeping back to Pitt 1970's Uniforms.

Pederson was just a putz engage in inconsequential or unproductive activity on this aspect of Pitt Football Program every 5 years of his interrupted tenure. I mean changing Pitt to Pittsburgh with adding the Pitt Tooth that looked like a Pepper and the DinoCat were as lame as South Oakland defending Pederson in all those years and attacking other Posters and Pitt in the process with his stupidity. Whether Pederson was taking kickbacks or free vacations by making those changes so often who knows?

Notre Dame still sprays their helmets but that might end soon as new tech helmets can shine without being sprayed anymore. Michigan, USC, Bama, and some others Traditional Powers seldom change their Uniforms and Helmets because their Brand is well known.

Whether this continues or Uniforms and Helmets change every two years mixing colors and high tech, like Nike does with Oregon because they started there. Yet, Pitt has made changes without having an Athletic Director and we know in one year, what and how they look, and maybe whom made those changes?

In the 1970's Pitt jerseys were created to be Tear Away so Dorsett could not by tackled by pulling him down by his Jersey, and sometimes went through 30 to 40 Jerseys a Game. This may be the reason in the Photo above? When I played, our Jerseys buttoned down under our crotch and that was so they could not come out.

I am just happy if PITT comes up or back to an unique color scheme like it did in the 1970's with Mustard Yellow with any design of an Uniform. After Pederson left Pitt it was smart of Long to change Pittsburgh back to Pitt and proved Pederson was wrong to change that in the first place as he was removing Nebraskan All-American Photos from Nebraska's Facilities and putting up current players that accomplished nothing.

NU President and contributors fired Pederson within 5 years and in 5 minutes, and replaced him with Osborne that brought back the Nebraskan Traditions Pederson replaced again with his own Management Consultants and costing millions with his and their bad judgments on feeding his ego by making such dumb choices on such things and coaches.

Jeff Long was right and why he still has a Athletic Directors Job today, although the Pitt Block being changed back to the Pitt Script that Pederson clearly hated to admit was just another mistake by him was made by Chancellor Gallagher and finally had to fire Pederson just like Pearlman did at Nebraska! And the best money NU & PITT ever spent was paying off Pederson that is still looking for an Athletic Director job due to being such a putz that in Yiddish mean Penis in Penisson based on his poor judgments on this aspect of the Pitt Football Program?

I really don't care so long as the Coaching wins 10+ games sooner in any Uniform, but the New Chancellor in Dr. Pat, Coach Pat, and AD Barnes has that job now and the Pitt Script is just fine and dandy for them, proving Penisson was wrong 19 years ago and those that supported him!;)

Last edited:
I am going to have to disagree with this one 100%. I think kids are going to eat this up. They love these looks. Kids aren't right now going to Pitt because of atmosphere or because of our tradition or because of our old uniform colors. As a fan, I get what you are saying from the dilution of tradition etc...But we need to sell potential recruits. Not a single kid is going to say "I am not going to Pitt because they use a Dino Cat" but I can guarantee you that some kids would look at these uniforms and now include Pitt in their final decision.

I see this every day. My kids love Oregon and the likes. I have one student this past year that said he looked faster for scouts in our new uniforms that we purchased. I had another student a few years back that said he didn't care if the team won or loss, but he cared about looking good on the field.

These Nike multi-unis might not be what the older fans like, but I can assure you that the kids we are recruiting eat this stuff up...

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I think the number of kids who consider a school simply because of the uniforms is very minimal. The quality of academics (for some kids), the coach, the playing atmosphere, and the reputation/brand of the football program are much more important factors.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. I think the number of kids who consider a school simply because of the uniforms is very minimal. The quality of academics (for some kids), the coach, the playing atmosphere, and the reputation/brand of the football program are much more important factors.

Once it was known recruits chose a College due to earning a Free Scholarship. It has now changed over years, some say, in the 1990's it changed to going to a Program that could win a National Championship. After the Rules changed and a Player could leave in his Junior or Sophomore Year (If He Went To Prep School), for the NFL!

Here is a recent 2012 Article and it shows why Coach Pat Narduzzi first requests was making sure Pitt Upgraded its UPMC Practice Facilities.
FORBES MAGAZINE:
Factors Driving Recruits College Decisions:

LINK:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/aliciajessop/2012/12/14/the-surprising-factors-driving-college-football-recruits-decision/

Here is Rivals Survey in 2012 on why Five Star Recruits on College Football Coaches & Other Recruiting Factors:
LINK:
https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1379643

Also, here is another 2014 Survey on what is important to Recruits:
Sporting News Link On Recruiting:
Link:
[URL='http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-07-26/college-football-recruiting-2013-recruiting-survey-phantom-calling-pitches']http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2012-07-26/college-football-recruiting-2013-recruiting-survey-phantom-calling-pitches[/URL]

Still, Sports Lawyers keep telling me, more of the most talented recruits are still choosing a program where they can become an NFL Player faster and play more often, and this is the reasons why College are now looking for ways to make them come back and finish their degrees later!

Before I was alive .
And I'm 37.

The target audience is more than half that. And they aren't nostalgic.

Couldn't be farther from the truth. Throwback Charlotte Hornets, the old pink and teal San Antonio Spurs stuff, etc is popular with kids. The old Georgetown, Michigan, Syracuse and U of Miami stuff too. Sneaker and apparel companies have been re-releasing their old designs for years now. I see it every day on the sidewalks and subway - kids walking around in shoes that were out in the 80s and early 90s.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
I wish I could find the photo, but I have a vivid recollection of a shot from a PItt-Temple game that shows a Temple defender sprawled on the ground clutching a piece of cloth with the "33", while Dorsett, pads flapping out of the hole in the back of his jersey, turns upfield. Even though I was at Temple at the time , it was one of the funniest sports photos I've ever seen.
images

images

LINK:
SHOWS DORSETT RUNNING WITH HOLES IN JERSEY:

Last edited:
Couldn't be farther from the truth. Throwback Charlotte Hornets, the old pink and teal San Antonio Spurs stuff, etc is popular with kids. The old Georgetown, Michigan, Syracuse and U of Miami stuff too. Sneaker and apparel companies have been re-releasing their old designs for years now. I see it every day on the sidewalks and subway - kids walking around in shoes that were out in the 80s and early 90s.

SO4L thinks he knows it all, and when you prove and link he is wrong, he forgets, calls you dumb, and slinks away to be wrong another day...and that he is why he is so easy to refute as you make him recall what he forgot he doesn't know? “Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.” Euripides, :D

These are out true school colors and this is where we need to be. No yellow & Cobalt blue throwbacks, no stupid White or Blue helmets, no All-White combos (that's for pedophile enablers), no crazy stripes, numbers, piping or different colored panels on the pants or jerseys and God please no matte-black or chrome special accented uniforms. Stay true to the 70s/80s style stripes with the right colors and switch around the pants here and there with a gold helmet ALWAYS. Anything else is just dumb and makes us clownish like OR, TCU or WVU.

Here is the varsity letter jacket that has NEVER changed since the inception. These are our colors. Granted there are different shades of "Navy" blue. I feel the lettermen jacket is 2 shades too dark for the uniforms. The Dorsett era blue was correct.
83311_01_lg.jpg

Navy blue and Old gold example. You think the tan gold from the current unis look like this?

navy-oldgold.jpg

Last edited:
Nike's President is a Penn State Graduate and has done a great job for them!

As Steve Pederson, was doing a terrible job for Pitt and Nebraska and looks like the Chancellor Circle now on Pitt football along with Coach Pat have more influence than the Athletic Director that won't be here until June 15th!

I just would like a return of Mustard Yellow that was designed by Winners and made the Pitt Football Program into Top 25, Top 10, and National Champions Winners and was built by a Chancellor, Athletic Director and Pitt Contributor Alumni & Friends!
Not by One Twice Failed AD's Ego & Arrogance Thinking Only He Knew Better?

Steve Pederson always put himself ahead of the Traditions, Designs and Colors of Pitt and Nebraska that never needed changes just some upgrades and spent millions failing to do it and took millions with him after being fired at Nebraska and Pitt!

Bringing Fans back to Pitt begins bringing Pitt back to winning in the Top 25 almost every year and that never happen under Pederson with all his new branding and designs at Pitt or Nebraska or back at Pitt!

images

Why isn't that guy wearing any pants?... and dude...where is his head?!?...apparently I logged into the "dismembered bodies crime forum"....

These are out true school colors and this is where we need to be. No yellow & Cobalt blue throwbacks, no stupid White or Blue helmets, no All-White combos (that's for pedophile enablers), no crazy stripes, numbers, piping or different colored panels on the pants or jerseys and God please no matte-black or chrome special accented uniforms. Stay true to the 70s/80s style stripes with the right colors and switch around the pants here and there with a gold helmet ALWAYS. Anything else is just dumb and makes us clownish like OR, TCU or WVU.

Here is the varsity letter jacket that has NEVER changed since the inception. These are our colors. Granted there are different shades of "Navy" blue. I feel the lettermen jacket is 2 shades too dark for the uniforms. The Dorsett era blue was correct.I agree with you 100%
83311_01_lg.jpg

Here is the varsity letter jacket that has NEVER changed since the inception. These are our colors. Granted there are different shades of "Navy" blue. I feel the lettermen jacket is 2 shades too dark for the uniforms. The Dorsett era blue was correct.
83311_01_lg.jpg
Agree 100%. What we wore last year(especially with script on the helmet) is a modern version of the "quote un quote traditional uniform" The only problem I had with those uniforms were that the gold pants never matched the helmets.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT