ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Buccos

I've seen another article where there was interest in FOLDerman. Please make THAT happen.

The amount of angst that some Pirates' fans have over a middle of the pack reliever is kind of funny. The average relief pitcher's era over the last few years is right around 4.00. Holderman's is currently 3.71, and for his career it's 3.75. He's a slightly above average relief pitcher right now. What do people expect out of him? He's not David Bednar or Josh Hader or Devin Williams. Is it really people's expectation that he pitch like those guys do?

The amount of angst that some Pirates' fans have over a middle of the pack reliever is kind of funny. The average relief pitcher's era over the last few years is right around 4.00. Holderman's is currently 3.71, and for his career it's 3.75. He's a slightly above average relief pitcher right now. What do people expect out of him? He's not David Bednar or Josh Hader or Devin Williams. Is it really people's expectation that he pitch like those guys do?
Consider the source ...

Reynolds is basically a bust sign .. He stinks ..

Henry Davis (young - I get it) sure came back down to 0.0 WAR status in a hurry.

We need to build Skenes his own dugout and provide him with separate travel accommodations from the rest of the team. Maybe even vaccinate him with the blood of Tom Brady. Don't let him catch this Loseritis.

• Haha
Reactions: HailToPitt725
True, but I’m still pro-trade for Holderman or any reliever not named Bednar (I’d listen to offers for him, though) for a different reason. We have a lot of young pitchers coming through the system that are projected as starters but will likely be blocked internally. We’ll likely move a lot of them to the bullpen if we don’t trade them, so I say pull the trigger on anything you can get for Holderman or anyone else. Just my opinion, though.

True, but I’m still pro-trade for Holderman or any reliever not named Bednar (I’d listen to offers for him, though) for a different reason. We have a lot of young pitchers coming through the system that are projected as starters but will likely be blocked internally. We’ll likely move a lot of them to the bullpen if we don’t trade them, so I say pull the trigger on anything you can get for Holderman or anyone else. Just my opinion, though.

I would have no problem trading Holderman, or anyone else for that matter, in the right deal. Even Bednar or Keller, if someone makes you a ridiculous offer.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yes, come to think of it , under the right conditions, Bednar is good enough to pull down some good exchange.

Right, If someone offers you merely a decent or a good package for Bednar (or Keller) you simply say "no thanks" and move on. But if someone offers you a once in a generation type deal for him then you take it.

But you have to be listening to people to even have a chance that someone is going to blow you away.

These kind of wins against a quality opponent are just the ticket for these young Bucco's.

Lots of youngsters stepped up in big moments today.
Davis and Rodriguez with their defense.
Palacios with the walk off.
Bullpen holds the line in a couple of big jams.
Definitely a win and a series they can grow on.

Are we going to see a 1989 kind of finish where the youngsters came together,, won a ton of games but still ended up under 500 in 4th place. It then led to three years of playoff baseball.

No sure this team is quite there yet but maybe a year out.

Are we going to see a 1989 kind of finish where the youngsters came together,, won a ton of games but still ended up under 500 in 4th place. It then led to three years of playoff baseball.

Maybe?
If they move Bednar, it will be harder.

I see it more as there being 162 baseball games and this stuff happening sometimes. Hayes and Cruz aren't even playing. Davis can't hit his way out of a wet paper bag. Endy and Gonzalez are both hitting .222. Suwinski is hitting .229, albeit with some pop and a good .OPS. Priester has been god awful.

Not saying any of them won't work out; I'm just saying I'm not seeing a ton from what is supposed to be the core nucleus of the group. The 1993 - 2012 Pirates teams that mostly sucked would pull off improbable series victories all the time.

uh, no. Youngsters now end up elsewhere before that can happen...

Reactions: Farnox
Hedges gone is a plus. He just can’t hit and people run on him all game long

Hill was dependable, but served his purpose. Choi was injured for months, so to get anything for him on a 1 year deal is a plus.

We moved Santana for some lottery ping pong balls.

Now it’s time to watch the kids play. I’m cool with that.

How close is Cruz to coming back? With Peguero showing some pop in his bat (I didn't see that coming), and both Santana and Choi gone, put a first baseman's mitt on Cruz now.
I’ve been holding out hope for Peggy after Brennan Malone’s injury woes the past year and 1/2. It at least looks like we now got someone in the Marte trade.

If you've fallen so low that you have to quote Boob Smizik to bolster your points you might as well just quit.
Coming from you, the guy who keeps defending awful Hayes who is a total bust lol. Dude can't hit at all yet you keep claiming he's so good. So spare me.

Coming from you, the guy who keeps defending awful Hayes who is a total bust lol. Dude can't hit at all yet you keep claiming he's so good. So spare me.

I have never said that Hayes is good, and since you can't seem to get something so simple correct it's easy to see why you would think that a dumbass like Boob Smizik has something important to tell you.

Thought they couldn’t possibly lose that one on Saturday, but they found a way.

I have never said that Hayes is good, and since you can't seem to get something so simple correct it's easy to see why you would think that a dumbass like Boob Smizik has something important to tell you.
You and your partner in crime slobbered over Hayes for a month in this thread. But you never admit you are wrong about anything so whatever. Hayes sucks. He's a bust. Contract was terrible. But don't worry. Just post a reply and you'll get your usual fanboys liking whatever post you make since it is directed at me. So you can feel better about yourself.

Thought they couldn’t possibly lose that one on Saturday, but they found a way.
Couldn't possibly lose a game where they only got 3 hits, led by one on the road up against the other team's lights out closer?

Plus it was Milwaukee, who owns the Pirates. Think their name is on the deed along with Nutting's.

Couldn't possibly lose a game where they only got 3 hits, led by one on the road up against the other team's lights out closer?

Plus it was Milwaukee, who owns the Pirates. Think their name is on the deed along with Nutting's.
Stick to women's ice skating. You really don't know what you're talking about. Bednar hadn't blown a save since April and the Pirates were 44-0 going into the 9th inning with a lead. Dan is right. You, you I don't even know what the hell you're even talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT