ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: penguins

Letang is great 3 on 3.
5 on 5, i'd prefer to see other defenseman playing.
I like him on D.
He's more an offensive Dman, but is pretty good at moving the puck up ice. A weak pass once in a while, but he adds so much on the PP and joining the rush.
Let his partner stay home, this team needs goals!

5 goals in 4 games. This is not the time for a slump like this. 81 and 72 couldn't score in Amsterdam with some hash and a 100 euros.

Great goaltending by Murray (it's okay, yinz can admit this) and a needed 2 points.

Too bad you Can’t Admit When Murray plays awful, it’s Ok, he’s all you have in Life..

The team finally realizes it needs to tighten up on chances because they know that they can’t trust Murray, luckily we got the 2 Pts after The Glove choked yet again in the Final Minute..

Your Testicles must ache every time someone posts a negative thought about Murray.. Atleast you have something in your life to keep you happy, you must lead a lonely and sad existence..
.940 save percentage in last 10 games, .953 in the last 3. .931 since December. You name me goalies with better. I'll wait.

Reactions: Zepley09
5 goals in 4 games. This is not the time for a slump like this. 81 and 72 couldn't score in Amsterdam with some hash and a 100 euros.

Great goaltending by Murray (it's okay, yinz can admit this) and a needed 2 points.
I want to dislike murray and was close to it last night after he gave up that awful goal. dude looked good though, played well and stopped some goals in shoot out.. Just always seems to give up that late killer goal all the time.

I really don't know why I dislike murray so much. it's not even a flower vs murray thing, I wasn't a huge flower fan until right before he left Pittsburgh. actually I saw the commercial with his wife and found a new respect for him.

I think my problem is, these guys become the local media darling and it annoys me so I root against them. local media made murray out to be Hasek V 2.0 and so I disliked him..

I want to dislike murray and was close to it last night after he gave up that awful goal. dude looked good though, played well and stopped some goals in shoot out.. Just always seems to give up that late killer goal all the time.

I really don't know why I dislike murray so much. it's not even a flower vs murray thing, I wasn't a huge flower fan until right before he left Pittsburgh. actually I saw the commercial with his wife and found a new respect for him.

I think my problem is, these guys become the local media darling and it annoys me so I root against them. local media made murray out to be Hasek V 2.0 and so I disliked him..
So you don't like players who get a lot of publicity?

I can Admit that he has Played well since he has come back, it’s a shame that you can’t do the Same thing for his first 25 when he was the WORST GOALIE in the NHL... It’s ok though, I know he is all that you have..

I hope things get better for you.. I will say a prayer for you..
These silly posts really REALLY make me hope the Pens and Murray hoist the Cup this year.
This thread would get even more fun than it's already been!

I watch a ton of hockey analysis. The Pens were an afterthought in 2016 until it was round 2 against Washington. I’d almost prefer they finish the regular season out that way this year too. Right now, everyone is talking Tampa Bay, Boston Washington. If the Pens stick to a position similar to the one they are in now that can spell trouble for the high focus teams. Bjugstad jumps off the page as a guy who will noticeably turn it up a notch in the post season and I’m sure there’s a few others.

I watch a ton of hockey analysis. The Pens were an afterthought in 2016 until it was round 2 against Washington. I’d almost prefer they finish the regular season out that way this year too. Right now, everyone is talking Tampa Bay, Boston Washington. If the Pens stick to a position similar to the one they are in now that can spell trouble for the high focus teams. Bjugstad jumps off the page as a guy who will noticeably turn it up a notch in the post season and I’m sure there’s a few others.
Tampa has a gazillion points, maybe most ever before it's all said and done, BUT.......
They gave up like 52 shots on goal their last game with the Caps.
That's a huge red flag.
Perhaps they're human after all?

This is when I become a die hard pens fan. right now. not just every game but every shift matters.. Wish I had the endurance like some of you, to live and breath this stuff in oct and nov but just cant do it..

This is when I become a die hard pens fan. right now. not just every game but every shift matters.. Wish I had the endurance like some of you, to live and breath this stuff in oct and nov but just cant do it..
The NHL is an odd duck. Early season is there, but so is NFL, and NCAA football. More casual early, even though those points count as much as points this time of year. Also every team with a pulse generally makes the playoffs. The regular season pays the bills.

As you say, everything now is amplified since they're running out of time and games.

The REAL excitement is the Playoffs. Every other day, high pressure, really comes at you, injuries magnified, everything tightens up, somebody gets hot, somebody gets cold, makes a major impact.
OT changes, no more shootouts....sudden death format.
The Stanley Cup and the Final Four, the two best tournaments in sports.
Unless you're a into playing kickball I guess.

Tampa has a gazillion points, maybe most ever before it's all said and done, BUT.......
They gave up like 52 shots on goal their last game with the Caps.
That's a huge red flag.
Perhaps they're human after all?

Yeah I wouldn’t award them the cup yet either. They’ve choked in the playoffs in recent history.

Actually, in 2016 many people were picking the Pens going into the playoffs. They were white hot from December on, and all the metrics and advanced stats were dominant in their favor.

The NHL is an odd duck. Early season is there, but so is NFL, and NCAA football. More casual early, even though those points count as much as points this time of year. Also every team with a pulse generally makes the playoffs. The regular season pays the bills.

As you say, everything now is amplified since they're running out of time and games.

The REAL excitement is the Playoffs. Every other day, high pressure, really comes at you, injuries magnified, everything tightens up, somebody gets hot, somebody gets cold, makes a major impact.
OT changes, no more shootouts....sudden death format.
The Stanley Cup and the Final Four, the two best tournaments in sports.
Unless you're a into playing kickball I guess.
Yeah. I mean I love the Pens and am a "diehard" anytime with them, but I don't "live or die" with them until about now, and especially the playoffs. Now the juices start flowing.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Actually, in 2016 many people were picking the Pens going into the playoffs. They were white hot from December on, and all the metrics and advanced stats were dominant in their favor.

Washington, Chicago and Las Angeles all had better odds at the end of the regular season. The Sharks were then picked by the majority of the NBC talking heads when the finals were set.

Washington, Chicago and Las Angeles all had better odds at the end of the regular season. The Sharks were then picked by the majority of the NBC talking heads when the finals were set.
Don't remember it that way. I remember a lot of people picking the Pens. The only question mark was MAF's injury and how Murray would do.

That’s how everyone remembers it but they were coming off the Bylsma/Shearo/ Mike Johnson debacle, Sullivan was doing well but unproven and HBK (like RKO) Rust, Sheary and to a lesser extent Kuhnackel all came out of nowhere.

The tide then turned in the Pens’ favor against Tampa because Bishop went down and all of a sudden Tampa had a greener goalie than Pittsburgh.

Pens really dont need Matta or Malkin .
Great players but with a salary cap ............you could get good return .

Last edited:
Its hard to explain but hockey is much more fun to follow when you listen to the away broadcast.
They get pissed when the Pens score and they think Crosby is God.
Hornquist is snake bitten .

Huge win. Going into this 4 game road trip I think if you are realistic you would have said the Pens needed at least 5 out of 8 points to feel comfortable, and well, they have 5 points with a game left at MSG.

Great game by the goalie right now, who is playing better than any goalie in the NHL right now. He has amazingly vaulted himself into the top 10 in save percentage, considering he was like 34th in November, pretty awesome.

I thought Hornquist and Kessel made some positive plays. Got to love the McCann deal....wow. Heist.

Oh....and no one's bitching about Jack Johnson anymore are they?

Letang out again. Upper body!
It's never easy...
I am guessing (hoping) that the break between tonight and Friday's game with Nashville and Letang got knicked up, so maybe they just figured almost a week off will help. Hopefully that is all it is. Letang has been awesome in his return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT