ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt - Miami Game Thread

Miami always seems to show up on our schedule at the worst times.

What was bad at this time? They are loaded with injuries, their coach has the Top 3 hottest seats in all of college football, and they basically went complete youth movement.

We all knew they wouldn’t win out. Just making it to Charlotte would be a pleasant surprise. Anything less is a total collapse.

Not taking anything away from Miami who has a great young QB and Pitts defense struggled, but THAT WAS a safety. I absoutely can not stand when the refs help determine the outcome of the game, and that is very well what happened.
Pitt has Pitt to blame for the loss, but you’re right, that is a safety by any definition of the rule.

This loss is all on the head coach, the team was unprepared and once again his defense was exposed.

Pitt had it’s chances… Not the day for Kenny to have two picks. While the refs probably should have called the safety, Kenny could have won this one with one better pass (last INT) and one better decision (to throw it to an open Addison instead of a smothered Mack).

still can win the ACC

Reactions: BFo8
If Kenny had any chance at the Heisman, it just disappeared. Because of very poor pass defense and a bad route or bad communication between him and Addison.

The officiating was piss poor. But we blew this one all on our own. Too many mistakes, penalties, and poor pass defense. There is no way that QB for Miami gets those yards if we have even an average pass defense. And very little pass rush.

Now we have to win out and hope the defense can pull it together before the ACC Championship (if we even make it). You can't expect to have Kenny keep putting up 500 yards passing every game and win consistently. Sometime, we'll have to stop somebody.

We need to throw stuff on the field. It was not "past the 29" it was at best on the 29... and that is if you can trust an angle of a camera on the other side of the field This is complete and utter bullshit
The sticks didn’t even reach the 29 yard hash mark so it was probably the right call

This loss is all on the head coach, the team was unprepared and once again his defense was exposed.
I don’t know about unprepared, but you are right, the defense was exposed once again. That continues to happen why too much. North Carolina will try and do the same things as Miami…

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
The sticks didn’t even reach the 29 yard hash mark so it was probably the right call
Right. It’s a first down however you want to split the spot. The call on the field was clear as day wrong. And there’s no way on review to spot the ball that isn’t a first down.

They should have called a safety.

But you cannot blame them for the reviews. Both those were the right call on review.
100% agree with this. I just can’t stand that in this day in age that whatever the call on the field is still holds any weight, replay should be the be all that ends all when deciding these calls.

The fumble out of bounds call was obviously changed correctly, but I feel confident that was a safety and because of some bang bang call on the field they didn’t have enough to change it.

Reactions: cashisking884
Of course, as soon as Kenny is on the Heisman watch list, Narduzzi is on the Bear Bryant list, ESPN writes an article about Pitt making the CFB playoff, exactly the moment you'd expect to blow one, this is SO PITT LIKE! SAD!!!

Reactions: Ranson1989
They should have called a safety.

But you cannot blame them for the reviews. Both those were the right call on review.
Both review plays we’re definitely correct.

The safety, live during the play, I could see it being called either way. Ref making the call on the goal line you would think had the best view. Anyone else, I don’t see how you could say with any certainty that it was a safety.

In any event, we’ve lost 2 games this year because of a combination of our defensive inadequacies (missed tackles anyone….and stupid penalties) and good opposing QB play.

And in this 2nd loss, a very unfortunate and untimely bad throw/int by Kenny. Announcers trying to put some or all of the blame on Addison. I don’t agree with that. All Kenny had to do was lead him and it was an easy TD. Just unfortunate after everything he’s done this year.

Reactions: BFo8
You don't win championships with poor defense. And that's all we've had with this Pitt team this year...average to poor defense. We rely on the offense to put up staggering numbers to win games, and let the defense slide.

Thought I was watching the WMU game replay. Officials can kill you, and they did on the safety call, but we could have been better prepared. The KP Miami bookends. Started in 2017 and ended in 2021. Tough break, really tough.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
100% agree with this. I just can’t stand that in this day in age that whatever the call on the field is still holds any weight, replay should be the be all that ends all when deciding these calls.

The fumble out of bounds call was obviously changed correctly, but I feel confident that was a safety and because of some bang bang call on the field they didn’t have enough to change it.
I hope that ref blocking the goal line camera on a 1st down from the half yard line gets disciplined.

In all honesty, the refs, penalties and poor play/tackling aside, what cost us the game was the playcalling on 6 straight plays; from 1st and goal at the 5 through midfield after the big stop

Did Kancey ever come back and just wasn't the same player? How do we not get to this QB more? And how do we not run more. Whipple caught lightning in a bottle with an extra year of Kenny, but I thought his warts of prior concern really showed today.

Of course, as soon as Kenny is on the Heisman watch list, Narduzzi is on the Bear Bryant list, ESPN writes an article about Pitt making the CFB playoff, exactly the moment you'd expect to blow one, this is SO PITT LIKE! SAD!!!
Hate to agree with this, but of course you said it well.

Refs didnt miss 800 tackles and get burned deep

Again, super dumb thing to say. Miami missed a ton of tackles too. That happens every game. Obviously in a one score game, completely missed calls do affect the outcome of a game.

Burned deep? What? What play are you talking about? Are you saying that if a team ever gets burned deep in a game they should lose? Alabama gets burned deep nearly every game with their aggressive defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT