ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Nebraska wants to rejoin the Big 12, so can Pitt get into the Big 10??

Why? Pitt would be a great choice. I mean heck if they took Rutgers then they can surely take Pitt.

I'd love to play Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State every year. Would be awesome.

Why? Pitt would be a great choice. I mean heck if they took Rutgers then they can surely take Pitt.

I'd love to play Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State every year. Would be awesome.
Three words... Grant. Of. Rights.

Reactions: caleco's

Why? Because this is all a bunch of nonsense.

Moving to the B10 would be a GREAT move for Pitt. I sure hope Gallagher/Barnes investigate it.

HUGE increase of cash flow, better football opponents, being involved with a conference that is known for footbal....one can only dream.

This goes along with what I hear from a couple of friends who follow Nebraska closely. The money is nice, but it doesn't "feel right".

"I have heard for going on a year that #Nebraska enjoyed the revenue from the #BIG10 but does not feel their brand has benefited or grown"

This goes along with what I hear from a couple of friends who follow Nebraska closely. The money is nice, but it doesn't "feel right".

"I have heard for going on a year that #Nebraska enjoyed the revenue from the #BIG10 but does not feel their brand has benefited or grown"
For a school like Pitt it would definitely be about the money. For Nebraska, maybe not as much.

So their solution is to forego stability and take the extreme risk of joining a conference (one they previously quit to get away from Bevo) that can't get out of it's own way and could be on the verge of disintegrating? Welcome aboard the Titanic. Perfect!

Their brand would benefit and grow if they would actually start winning at a higher rate. If they continue to win at their current level their brand isn't going to grow no matter what conference they are in.

Reactions: PittPoker
There are other sites reporting it as well. Yahoo was too. I just linked 1 of the articles.

Right. It's called circular reporting. All leads back to the same bogus source. When you become AD you can broker all of this. Nobody should hold their breath.

Reactions: pittdan77
Right, but if they have the Internet or cable...or even friends, they would be well aware of the fact that the Big 12 that they knew (and loathed - which is why they left in the first place) is demonstrably more dysfunctional and worse off than it was when they left a few years back.

In other words, they couldn't go home again even if they wanted to because there is no "there" anymore.

The Longhorn Network is still the biggest wedge issue for the conference and it doesn't matter how much bitching and moaning everyone else (disingenuously) does about it, Texas isn't giving it up without a king's ransom in return.

Who in their right mind (with options) would want anything to do with that flaming pile of schitt?

If anything, the Nebraska fans should be on their knees each night thanking 9-lb, 8-oz baby Jesus that they were able to get out of Saigon when they did.

They are a lot like us in that regard and though we still don't have any real fierce ACC rivals and we too feel a little culturally askew - which is reinforced every time I see a commercial for Popeye's Chicken or the Ford Dealers of Greater Mecklenburg County, or whatever the hell it is - it still beats the living schitt out of the alternative; just ask Cincinnati, Connecticut and South Florida.

Last edited:
Their brand would benefit and grow if they would actually start winning at a higher rate. If they continue to win at their current level their brand isn't going to grow no matter what conference they are in.
The Nebraska "brand" retired with this guy:

Tom-Osborne-1.jpg

A story gets put out there that Nebraska wants back in the big 12....at roughly the same time the expansion of said Big 12 has essentially collapsed...

And no one can connect the dots here?

It is clear that the Big 12 has reached out to Nebraska to gauge interest....not the other way around.

and BTW......the ACC has 6 teams in the top 25 which doesnt even include an improving Pitt program. The ACC in football is stronger today than any time since Pitt joined.

And some here want to go go to farm country just to get hammered by OSU every year??

Really??

This is all nonsense until that Hiljack writer from WV confirms these rumors.

A story gets put out there that Nebraska wants back in the big 12....at roughly the same time the expansion of said Big 12 has essentially collapsed...

It is clear that the Big 12 has reached out to Nebraska to gauge interest....not the other way around.

and BTW......the ACC has 6 teams in the top 25 which doesnt even include an improving Pitt program. The ACC in football is stronger today than any time since Pitt joined.

And some here want to go go to farm country just to get hammered by OSU every year??

Really??
Big 10 would be much much better. I disagree.

I take back my statement. I would only want Pitt in the B10 if they got rid of Penn State. I don't want to be in a conference with them or have them on our schedule on a yearly basis. I'd rather sit in a conference I feel is a step below.

Moving to the B10 would be a GREAT move for Pitt. I sure hope Gallagher/Barnes investigate it.

HUGE increase of cash flow, better football opponents, being involved with a conference that is known for footbal....one can only dream.
I don't think the B10 has better football opponents.

This rumor sounds as if it was floated by The Dude, Tuxedo Yoda, or some other L8 expansioneer.

On the surface though, I dont think the Big Ten fits Nebraska, a place with 0 in-state talent. They benefitted greatly from recruiting Texas and now they cant. The Big Ten has no football factory states for them to recruit to.

I do believe SOME people in Nebraska want to go back to the Big 12 but there's no way the really smart ones or the BOT will allow it.

The big 10 is top heavy for football. The bottom teams are terrible. I prefer the ACC.

Well yeah.........hey, they made their bed and now are lying in it. Fans can feel and say all they want, they don't make the decisions. Nebraska ain't going anywhere.

Reactions: rednil
Other than the money, I have no desire to see Pitt in the Big 10. In the ACC we have a much better chance of winning our division, playing for a conference championship and becoming a regular top 25 type team. We go to the Big 10 and I see us as a middle of the road team forever.

And for basketball I drastically prefer the ACC.

The money/stability of the Big 10 is great but the ACC is strong and growing. Long term it feels like a much better fit.

Other than the probable 1-3 or 0-4 record against them every year.

So will Pitt win enough in the B1G to grow our brand? I say we have a good deal in the ACC, In a division we could challenge for if we just get marginally better, I like the situation in the ACC to be honest.

I take back my statement. I would only want Pitt in the B10 if they got rid of Penn State. I don't want to be in a conference with them or have them on our schedule on a yearly basis. I'd rather sit in a conference I feel is a step below.
Playing Penn State every year is the only GOOD THING joining the B1G would provide.

Screw the word Brand. What a joke. Maybe they should spend time and money on making their university a top level place in academia instead of some athletic brand.

Reactions: Nittany1997
Plus, no thanks. I personally really enjoy the ACC and the teams/destinations, top to bottom, are in my opinion preferable to most of those Big 10 outposts/corn fields/cow pastures.
Yeah because Pitt fans travel so well....

Really??
Hell, we are getting beat by UNC every year so....

The big ten has the cash right now. But in my opinion the ACC is a better football conference right now and their ceiling is way higher. And basketball, come on now

Would love it, absolutely love it but a long shot. Never understood huskers to big 10, I mean besides financially of course. Such an odd fit IMO. Great history with Ok and Colorado..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT