ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball at Miami

Very good....stated that way....absolutely agree.

And that's not the same for everyone. For instance I think for Florida State winning the ACC championship would be THE goal and winning the national championship would be A goal, because they are very unlikely to win a national championship. The ACC championship is a lot more realistic.

It just depends on where a program is at a particular point in time.

Reactions: jctrack
And that's not the same for everyone. For instance I think for Florida State winning the ACC championship would be THE goal and winning the national championship would be A goal, because they are very unlikely to win a national championship. The ACC championship is a lot more realistic.

It just depends on where a program is at a particular point in time.
I like where you ended up with this. That's a sensible thought. Curiously...as I read this I immediately substituted Pitt football for your example in my mind. A national championship in football has become very unlikely. That's a depressing thought but sadly it's true.

I like where you ended up with this. That's a sensible thought. Curiously...as I read this I immediately substituted Pitt football for your example in my mind. A national championship in football has become very unlikely. That's a depressing thought but sadly it's true.

Pitt football would be a good example. It is at least realistic (as we have recently seen) that in a good year Pitt can compete for and potentially win an ACC championship. The chance that Pitt will ever win a football national championship again in my lifetime is very, very small.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT