ADVERTISEMENT

What is it? 107,000 strong or Unrivaled opportunities for season tickets

You literally say the same things over and over.

cfbwarehouse.com is your source or verification? This is not really a Pitt vs Penn State issue or question. I am simply asking which of those years based on those teams and records can someone say for sure there is a clear number one team.

It lists the authorities and was far better than anything you provided, I even showed you how Penn State was awarded 15 NCS and if you Link them you have them too. They also have other listings and again showed their sources, and it shows all Programs.

Until 2013, the College National Championship was always called Mythical because it was Unofficial, many used UPI and AP Polls but they did not come on Board until 1930's. Others used other authorities and so why I posted the Link.

Pitt was winning National titles and putting All-Americans and Players in the NFL when Joe Paterno was in Diapers, and penn state was so upset about Pitt beating them in the 1930's so badly they requested to be removed from the schedule. Penn State actually asked to be removed from Pitt Schedule 3 Times in our History. But it was Paterno that went petty and put his personality ahead of football tradition and lied about ending the series. The thread started with a Poster talking about Penn State Nittany Liars?

I know both Programs and Universities Histories and there is much to be admired by both than ashamed by either. Yet, I do find I am constantly educating Penn State Fans not only on other universities besides Pitt but mostly on their own they refuse to learn about!

Now there was a reason why Pitt beat Penn State up so badly in those days with 14 Straight Wins, Penn State did not offer Athletic Scholarship until 1947. Pitt ended giving Scholarships for Athletic in 1938 and they went down hill too.

You have the information, it is linked, and can be verified and it gives many CFB NCS by all the programs by various Sports Award Authorities but none of them matter anymore since they have True College Football Playoff now.

All College Football Programs are going to promote their own and using all sources along with Public Relations and Paterno was one of the best at it, and still coached great teams too, and was petty sometimes too to his later regrets, he was human and the Penn State Football Scandal was created do Joe's & Penn State's Culture of secrecy, silence, and cover ups!

Sorry, but some of the most misinformed Posters I ever met happen to be Penn State fans that follow more myths in attempting to build up Penn State and then make up lies to tear down other Programs, but here on the Lair, no one gets away tearing down Pitt's Proud and Factual Football History, not here dear, is that clear dear?

This is not BWI-Banned With Intelligence!

Last edited:
" O Captain! My Captain!" Yes, you are correct when you state ex Pitt players have more representation in NFL's HOF than ex Penn State players for the current numbers are 8 and 6. But this a microcosmic statistic that proves little value. There is a greater and more attractive static that I'll get into later. But first off, I doubt college recruitors tell their prospects that if you attend our school the chances of you making it to the NFL HOF is greater than school X because of our greater success there. Recruits don't talk about this and it's not till later in their NFL careers it becomes a topic. Name me a College player in the last ten years while playing college there was ever discussion about him being in the NFL HOF. This leads me into a much worthier statistic and that being the better chance of being a drafted player. This, you can hang your hat on. So what is the success comparing Pitt and Penn State. I've provide you a link to the NFL database below and you can add up the numbers like I did. As it is today, Pitt has had 184 drafted players and Penn State 251. That is an increase of 36% more players from Penn State drafted than Pitt. So, wouldn't you agree, that in the mind of a high school kid choosing between Pitt or Penn State and seeking the road to success - become NFL drafted - does not go through Pittsburgh, but instead State College?

Link to NFL Player Database: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/hat road

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotshoe
You literally say the same things over and over.

cfbwarehouse.com is your source or verification? This is not really a Pitt vs Penn State issue or question. I am simply asking which of those years based on those teams and records can someone say for sure there is a clear number one team.

I am replying to your posts so maybe you keep saying the same things over and over and not seeing, the information I provided!

The point is there are plenty of neutral sources that provide with additional information All The Information and cite the Authorities and I find that better to your opinions especially since you are on record College Football does not count until 1950???

It lists the authorities and was far better than anything you provided, I even showed you how Penn State was awarded 15 NCS and if you Link them you have them too. They also have other listings and again showed their sources, and it shows all Programs.

Until 2013, the College National Championship was always called Mythical because it was Unofficial, many used UPI and AP Polls but they did not come on Board until 1930's. Others used other authorities and so why I posted the Link.

Pitt was winning National titles and putting All-Americans and Players in the NFL when Joe Paterno was in Diapers, and penn state was so upset about Pitt beating them in the 1930's so badly they requested to be removed from the schedule. Penn State actually asked to be removed from Pitt Schedule 3 Times in our History. But it was Paterno that went petty and put his personality ahead of football tradition and lied about ending the series. The thread started with a Poster talking about Penn State Nittany Liars?

I know both Programs and Universities Histories and there is much to be admired by both than ashamed by either. Yet, I do find I am constantly educating Penn State Fans not only on other universities besides Pitt but mostly on their own they refuse to learn about!

Now there was a reason why Pitt beat Penn State up so badly in those days with 14 Straight Wins, Penn State did not offer Athletic Scholarship until 1947. Pitt ended giving Scholarships for Athletic in 1938 and they went down hill too.

You have the information, it is linked, and can be verified and it gives many CFB NCS by all the programs by various Sports Award Authorities but none of them matter anymore since they have True College Football Playoff now.

All College Football Programs are going to promote their own and using all sources along with Public Relations and Paterno was one of the best at it, and still coached great teams too, and was petty sometimes too to his later regrets, he was human and the Penn State Football Scandal was created do Joe's & Penn State's Culture of secrecy, silence, and cover ups!

Sorry, but some of the most misinformed Posters I ever met happen to be Penn State fans that follow more myths in attempting to build up Penn State and then make up lies to tear down other Programs, but here on the Lair, no one gets away tearing down Pitt's Proud and Factual Football History, not here dear, is that clear dear?

This is not BWI-Banned With Intelligence!
I am not asking for you to educate me. I am not asking you anything about Paterno. I am not asking your opinion on Ped State or Cultists. I am asking you to answer a question! You have been asked four times now, and have yet to answer. I linked NCAA info directly from their Website.

So, that is one source and so be it, but they go back to 1870's too not just to 1950, and Pitt is still ahead of Penn State, and thank you for providing and sharing another source that refutes your own opinions.
Again not comparing the two schools. Even Pitt ONLY claims 9 not the 15 you have put forth. NCAA gives credit for 5. Please answer the question.

Here is a new source:
http://www.pittnews.com/sports/article_8c19ab94-1f7a-550d-bb9b-5755c9c788d2.html?mode=jqm

Last edited:
I am not asking for you to educate me. I am not asking you anything about Paterno. I am not asking your opinion on Ped State or Cultists. I am asking you to answer a question! You have been asked four times now, and have yet to answer. I linked NCAA info directly from their Website.

I have provided far more sources and links for more sources that provides all the records on CFB NCS and I stand by those sources and records that shows PITT was designated a CFB NCS Winner before Penn State, and many times before Paterno ever won one at Penn State and still credit Penn State & Paterno with other designations and that did educate you!

Again not comparing the two schools. Even Pitt ONLY claims 9 not the 15 you have put forth. NCAA gives credit for 5. Please answer the question

Correction, Other neutral authorities not Pitt give Pitt 16 not 15, but Pitt does use SI's Sources for its NCS and that is still more than Penn State without any debate necessary! I posted PSU and gave them 15 according to the same sources.

All I can say at this point is that pittnews.com even suggests that some of the 9 are not necessarily legit.

Again not comparing the two schools. Even Pitt ONLY claims 9 not the 15 you have put forth. NCAA gives credit for 5. Please answer the question.

Here is a new source:
http://www.pittnews.com/sports/article_8c19ab94-1f7a-550d-bb9b-5755c9c788d2.html?mode=jqm

I agree PITT claims 9 Titles and cites why, but that is still more than Penn State but I like to provide all information and let others decide and debate, and like you said, many of those games and sources are dead and I am saying that includes Paterno now, so why debate it, I plan to pit up Recognized NCS too under CFWH. They are just more sources and listings facts for all to see, I don't have an opinion on them, you can debate them with ghosts or others!

But the Thread started with how PSU tells small lies and that Poster provided his opinion how PSU does not always provide accurate and true information about its own Program, and I augmented that with documented evidence that he is accurate in saying that too!

This thread got spectacular. Really enjoyed it. Our cult friend is the template of what we all have grown up with regarding PSU fans. They constantly tout their superiority, but when faced with the bitter truth that Pitt has more national titles regardless of the website/organization recognizing them, they can't accept it. When confronted with the fact that pitt has more NFL Hall of Famers, (which is last time I checked the elite of the elite) they downplay it. This false superiority and inability to give credit and respect outside their bubble is what makes PSU fans sickening and the worst.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
All I can say at this point is that pittnews.com even suggests that some of the 9 are not necessarily legit.

Well, they are entitled to their opinions, and many others have stated their own opinions, and I posted all to see. I am happy for Bama or ND or OSU Fans to argue over sources and numbers! Anyway one wants to look at it, Pitt Football Prowess is right up there too. CFWH also has a link showing Pitt is recognized for 9 NCS and that is there to see too

The Thread was started questioning the veracity of Penn State and you kept posting all kinds of replies trying to change the subject about Pitt and your opinion on Pitt NCS!

I responded with good sources and links that in themselves refuted your opinions?

Furthermore, Pitt never had The Worst Scandal In College football History whereby its own President and Athletic Director are charged with Lying under Oath and choosing to Defend Penn State Football over children molestation and honored the PSU Alumnus, PSU Coach, and PU Professor that did it for 4 years?

Clearly, the Lair and many Boards on Rivals fully know Penn State has had a veracity problem for years and before the scandal.

Once again, your attempt to attack Pitt NCS because you got upset about a Pitt Posters truth about PSU Posters lying about PSU State Attendance is your problem, and nothing more, I just provided facts that refuted your opinions and corrected where you were wrong!

Only in nitter world does attendance and total nfl players trump national titles and nfl hall of famers.

I have no problem in respecting both Programs, but any Penn State Poster that thinks he can tear down Pitt and other football Programs and that builds up Penn State somehow, cannot face facts and links that prove him otherwise while ignoring only Penn State has had a President and Athletic Director that taught some of their graduates to do the same?

This thread got spectacular. Really enjoyed it. Our cult friend is the template of what we all have grown up with regarding PSU fans. They constantly tout their superiority, but when faced with the bitter truth that Pitt has more national titles regardless of the website/organization recognizing them, they can't accept it. When confronted with the fact that pitt has more NFL Hall of Famers, (which is last time I checked the elite of the elite) they downplay it. This false superiority and inability to give credit and respect outside their bubble is what makes PSU fans sickening and the worst.

One of the reason why Michigan, Nebraska, MSU, and other Big Ten Fans come on the Lair is that they to are banned on the BWI-Ban With Intelligence!

Here on the Lair when a few misguided Penn State Posters are caught in lies about other schools and programs we tell the truth about Penn State here and by refuting their opinions they become educated on learning the truth about their own school that is not allow on BWI-Ban With Intelligence!

Thank you guys for giving comic relief to an old Cal State grad.And by the way Cal U has won a National Championship since both Pitt and PSU have! know the Woman's Basketball National Championship is tainted because 6 football players were arrested last fall and everyone that ever went there is a criminal!You guys crack me up!

So is this the truth or a lie? Any thing prior to 1936 is a "claimed, non-concensus" title. Using the Pitt logic then Penn State has 7, but only talk about 2. NCAA does not recognize anything pre 1950.
http://www.225.pitt.edu/story/pitt-football-nine-titles

At the highest level of play in the sport, every single college football national championship, ever, at least until this past season, is a "claimed" national title. Outside Division II and III, zero have been awarded by the sport's governing body, the NCAA, and they still are not. There was also no such thing as a "consensus" title prior to 1950 when the two-poll system began, and even then, consensus is not equivalent to unanimous. It is a word that has been defined by the NCAA's record book to mean a championship that has been awarded from one of the following four national championship selecting organizations since 1950: AP, Coaches, FWAA, or NFF. That means, in the NCAA's record book, it could list up to four different "consensus" national champions for any one season. That is the meaning of "consensus", and that meaning is practically meaningless. Until around1968-1970, bowls weren't even factored in to the national polls as they were viewed more as exhibition games. Modern understanding of college football national championships is quite different than it was 50 years ago, let alone 90. What has happened with the BCS and College Football Championship is that these titles have slowly been unified, not unlike unified titles in boxing.

And it is a complete misunderstanding to say that the NCAA recognizes anything. They don't, not pre-1950 or post-1950: not one single D1A/FBS football national championship. They have zero to do with college football title decisions in 1A/FBS...never have...and still don't. All the NCAA does is list other selecting organizations' (which one or two unaffiliated college football historians have deemed as having been contemporaneously national in scope with their selections) in their official records book as a matter of historical data. That is all the NCAA does. And by that, Pitt has been awarded a national championship by a selector of national scope in 11 different seasons. According to College Football Data Warehouse, which is the most comprehensively researched listing of awarded national championships, Pitt has been awarded a national championship in 16 different seasons.

Of these 16 or 11, Pitt claims 8, and this claim is based not on these lists, but on a 1970 researched compilation of other selecting organizations' national championships by Sports Illustrated that was the first ever attempt of such a compilation (at least which was put out by a national publication). Comparatively to these other lists, SI actually found and published that Pitt had been awarded a title in a different year (1934) from those other 16 mentioned above. Since 1970, that is now well over 40 years, Pitt has always based its championship claims on that neutral, third-party, 1970 SI study, and then, along the way, added its AP/Coaches' title in 1976 to get to its claimed total of 9.

Of those 9, the weakest claim is the one from the SI study (1934) that doesn't show up many other places because it was published in a football almanac after Parke Davis' death but under his byline. That said, except for that 1970 SI study, every single national championship site and most contemporaneous selectors recognizes Pitt's 1910 undefeated and unscored upon team as that season's national champions. Pitt, however, does not recognize 1910 itself because it was not in the 1970 SI study. So, regardless, Pitt is well within a margin of legitimacy to claim 9 because that number is based on a third party compilation with most seasons, or at least a similar (or greater) number of years, supported by newer studies (at least well researched ones). Really, based on what other schools have been doing recently (like BC, Texas A&M), Pitt could easily claim 11 to 17.

Last edited:
Coultr77 said:
"O Captain! My Captain!" Yes, you are correct when you state ex Pitt players have more representation in NFL's HOF than ex Penn State players for the current numbers are 8 and 6. But this a microcosmic statistic that proves little value."
When you try and make up your own arguments and then answer them and then try and attempt to attribute them to me, that is just plain flat out being Dishonest, and you should be ashamed of yourself? This comment above is your description and I have not challenge one Statistic on Penn State Attendance, HOF, or National Titles, just posted them for all to see, and Penn Staters can be proud of all them too, without hating Pitt.

What is upsetting you is that Pitt in in the same category as USC, ND, OSU, and Michigan on the Hall of Fame and not Penn State. So, you got upset and tried to attack that fact but your own coaches tout that 107,000 Attendance that is really 101,000 for recruiting purposes. I never challenged that number even if it is wrong, I still see 101,000 in the Top Ten of Attendance and salute PSU for it. Only Penn State Fans get upset that PSU does not have more than Pitt recognized HOF Players and National Titles. So, let us be honest from the start since you are upset about it! I'LL DISCUSS THIS POST OF YOURS IN PARTS FOR YOU STAY FOCUSED!

Coultr77 said:
There is a greater and more attractive static that I'll get into later. “
I totally disagree, there is not, there are just statistics, and your opinion that you term as greater is just an opinion and I will use your own statistics to prove my points even further!

Coultr77 said:
“But first off, I doubt college recruiters tell their prospects that if you attend our school the chances of you making it to the NFL HOF is greater than school X because of our greater success there.”
Well, Recruits should be doubting how just 1 like you of 101,000 PSU Fans will be cheering for them to become good NFL players. Yet, Penn State Coaches and Fans bragged that 107,000 Attendance does attract and tells that to recruits and I can link that, and you are not upset about that are you?
My Neutral Sourced Statistic’s just show Pitt is in the Top 5 of Hall of Famers with Michigan, and just behind OSU, ND, and USC. It upsets only you and some other petty Penn State CULTists that go into a rage hearing, seeing, and knowing it is true? Once again, that is a Brain Pain only for you and some little minded Penn State Fans that cannot accept or refute that about Pitt, so you make up deceitful, two-faced, and phony arguments why it does not matter! On the contrary, I will factually show how your own arguments based on your “Worthier Statistics” will expose why Pitt produces better Quality Players in the NFL past and present!

Coultr77 said:
“Recruits don't talk about this and it's not till later in their NFL careers it becomes a topic“.
Well, how do you know recruits don’t talk about this at all? I totally disagree; today’s smarter and talented recruits care more about this aspect of going to a Football Program. Recruits care about playing in the NFL is what does attract many Recruits, and Recruits say it, not me? Therefore, again, you outright lie as a child caught in not being able to face the truth of his own inadequacies as a PSU fan.

“Coultr77 said:

“Name me a College player in the last ten years while playing college there was ever discussion about him being in the NFL HOF. “
I don’t have to name one college BUT MANY; I can tell you that USC, ND, OSU, and Michigan are proud that they have produced the most Talent in the NFL History along with Pitt! Same with Penn State except they won’t mention Pitt Players! Nevertheless, I will point out as well, that you again set up your own argument and then expect me to answer only you’re dumb questions that you made up, when I did not say that at all. All I do know and it is a fact, that Recruits want a NFL Career and many say it all the time, because nothing pays better for a College Student with a Free Scholarship like Sports Entertainment! They actually make more money younger and sooner than most of those 101,000 PSU Fans spending their money thinking it makes them superior somehow, and get upset when other Football Programs, Universities, Graduates have done better and can prove it!

Coultr77 said:
“This leads me into a much worthier statistic and that being the better chance of being a drafted player. "
Again, that is your opinion of it being a “Worthier Statistics”, but I’ll let you go on until I have you hang yourself, because you are not very smart at all? (Editor Note Warning, Go Get Some Toilet Paper because You Will Need It Soon Like Joe Did At A Game Once!)

Coultr77 said:

“This, you can hang your hat on”.
No, you’re Worthier Statistics” will just hang you, as you will see? Let compare PITT & PSU Players using “You’re Worthier Statistics” and remember that is what you call them? How can I or any recruit hang any hat on that just being drafted, when the more “Important & Worthier Statistics” it is far more important about making any NFL Team and doing well on the NFL Team? So, right off you just hanged yourself on your “You’re Worthier Statistics”, and I will prove it further to only you’re regret?

Coultr77 said:

“So what is the success comparing Pitt and Penn State.”
Wait a minute in another Post of you above…..you said it is not about comparing Pitt and Penn State, were you lying then or just stupid you forgot you posted it? Now below you want to compare Pitt & PSU? OK!

Coultr77 said:
“I've provide you a link to the NFL database below and you can add up the numbers like I did."
I already know that website and have always recognized and respected Penn State putting in more Players in the NFL Draft plus, PSU& Pitt Posters know I do and say it on the Lair. I do not dispute or demean it, but salute it! Penn State does have 145 Players on its Rosters almost every year compared to Pitt's 105. Penn State has 3,000 recruits coming to Summer Camps and has way bigger Recruiting Budgets, so Penn State should be putting more Players in the NFL, but are they better Players compared to Pitt is a question we can explore further too using your Stats!?

Coultr77 said:
“As it is today, Pitt has had 184 drafted players and Penn State 251. That is an increase of 36% more players from Penn State drafted than Pitt.”
I agree with those numbers and thank you for providing them, and I use them to show they are two-Edged Sword that bleeds both ways showing Penn State failures in the NFL, and Recruits care about not becoming a Failure, as you agree!

Coultr77 said:

“So, wouldn't you agree, that in the mind of a high school kid choosing between Pitt or Penn State and seeking the road to success - become NFL drafted - does not go through Pittsburgh, but instead State College?”

Once again, I don't agree, it goes through USC, ND, Michigan, OSU, Bama, FSU, Miami, Texas, and Florida and a few more Football Programs better than Penn State or Pitt these last few years, and that does not reflect the total outcome of “You’re Worthier Statistics! what it does show you just want to compare Pitt and PSU and that is fine with me as you will see, to your regret?

Coultr77, You need to look at carefully at “You’re Worthier Statistic” let us do it, shall we?

First, Recruits have to be “CAVEAT EMPTOR & RECRUITS BEWARE” when considering Penn State NFL Prowess because how can a recruit be a success choosing Penn State while being cheered by one of the dumbest of those 101,000 fans your coaches talk about on why they should choose Penn State? I will easily answer your question right above proving how dumb you have shown all on Rivals!

ANSWER:

Now if Penn State has had more 36% more Players Drafted than Pitt, then why is Penn State not ahead of Pitt with producing Hall of Famers in the NFL? (Brain Pain Executioner Get The Rope For This PSU Dope!)

MY DOUBLE ANSWER:
Also, as of right now, Penn State has 30 Players on NFL Rosters compared to Pitt only having 16, so Penn State has over 40% more Players in the NFL right now? I accept, respect, and I salute Penn State and it does not upset me at all they higher numbers. Yet, even with less Players Pitt Recruits that chose the Pitt Football Program have produced the better Quality Award Winning Players than the many NFL Busts and Bench Sitters of Penn State?

QUESTION FOR YOU?

Moreover, the question you need to answer now using “Only You’re Worthier Statistics) is that within those 16 Pitt Players with a far less than numbers than Penn State players, those Pitt Players have way more Pro Bowls, NCAA and NFL Records, NFL Team Records, compared to those current PSU Players. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN PITT PLAYERS BEING GIVEN MORE AWARDS IN THE NFL THAN PENN STATE?

QUESTION 2 FOR YOU?

Additionally, Pitt has had 3 current Players as NFC Top Offensive Players of the Year, AFC Top Defensive Player of the Year, and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Player compared to Penn State Zero, that is Penn State 0 out of 30 NFL Players, What is that percentage now??? (Hangman Do The Loop For The PSU Dupe!) WHY CAN'T YOU COMPLIMENT PITT FOR DOING SOMETHING PENN STATE FOOTBALL PROGRAM HAS NOT DONE TODAY?

Into the bargain of those facts, the16 Pitt Player do better in the NFL past and present compared to those 30 Penn State Players undermines you’re Worthier Statics” then you should warn Recruits should reconsider buying what PSU is selling when they are selling more Penn State Puff and Fluff versus Pitt Players Producing at a higher level in the NFL? WHEN A PENN STATE PLAYER ENDS UP WINNING AWARDS IN THE NFL NO ONE AT PITT IS AFRAID TO COMPLIMENT HIM, WHY CAN'T YOU DO THAT FOR PITT ON BWI?

HAT HUNG

On the other hand, there is a negative number in those “worthier Statistic” you cited that is factually evidence going to Penn State can actually hurt your NFL Career! For Factual Example, you do know that Penn State has produced the most First Round Busts in the NFL than any other Football Program??? (Now Why You Needed The Toilet Paper…Right After A Man Hangs Himself He Poops His Pants After His Poop Muscles Relax And This Is What Has Just Happen To You!) NOW THAT YOU CAN CLEAN OUT THAT HAT YOU HUNG YOURSELF ON WITH YOUR WORTHIER STATISTICS!

Let me ask you, Do you think Recruits care about being a NFL Draft Busts among many PSU Players or prefer being a PITT NFL Award Winning Success Today? Recruits can look up how Pitt with less Players in the NFL have done far more than Penn State Players and that does not include just the NFL Hall of Fames?

It even includes having more Top 100 ESPN Players right now in college than Penn State!

(Links Back Me Up) Looks Like “You’re Own Worthier Statistics” have come back to haunt you being so upset about Pitt having far more NFL Award Quality Players in The NFL on Rosters Today and in the Hall of Fame while Penn State has more Busts and Players sitting the Bench not setting records as much as Pitt Players!

RECRUITS CARE

Recruits just don’t care about making the NFL Draft, they want to make and play on a NFL Teams, they want to make more money, and they do that by setting records, winning more Awards and the NFL Hall of Fame is just a by-product. THIS SHOWS THAT PITT OUT DID PATERNO EVEN PSU HAD ALL THE ADVANTAGES OVER PITT AND WERE VIOLATING NCAA, BIG TEN, CLERY/TITLE IX RULES AND LAWS!

Clearly, these Pitt Recruits playing right away learn to play in the NFL at PITT at a higher level over those more Psu bench and dummy practice holders recruits players that become more NFL Busts and sit the Bench! How else can you explain Pitt Players having more NFL Awards, Records, Honors, and Bigger Paychecks in today's NFL not just the Hall of Fame? RIGHT NOW, THE FEW PLAYERS THAT ARE COMING TO PITT AS RECRUITS IN THE FALL, WILL HAVE A BETTER CHANCE IN PLAYING THAN THE MANY THAT DECIDED UPON PENN STATE AND WILL HAVE TO WAIT?

Furthermore, PITT Recruits and Players have been able to outperform Psu players because of better Coaching over all these years and not because of 101,000 fans like you? How else can you explain it? This is why you Hate and try to Demean Pitt success in National Titles, NFL, Hall of Fames and because you cannot refute it even with “Your Own Worthier Statistics!” BOTTOM LINE, PITT HAS PRODUCED BETTER PLAYERS FOR THE NFL THAN ANYONE OF THOSE 101,000 FANS AT PENN STATE OR UNDER PATERNO, BRADLEY, O'BRIEN AND FRANKLIN!

Finally, this has been my argument (NOT THE ONES YOU TRY TO IMPOSED UPON ME THAT CAME FROM YOUR COMMENTS), and I can back it up with the Actual Facts, Statistics & Awards, not just opinions, and the Hall of Fame. (About Right Now You are Cleaning Out Your Pants!)

PLEASE REMEMBER, YOUR “WORTHIER STATISTICS” TRYING TO SHOW HALF-LIES TO RECRUITS ABOUT PITT RECRUITS AND PLAYERS PROGRESS AND PROWESS IN THE NFL …. ENDED UP ONLY TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THE POOR TO POORER PERFORMANCES OF PSU PLAYERS BUSTS, BENCH, AND FAILURES IN THE NFL THAT DID MAKE THE NFL DRAFT???

Now Go Cry And Be Upset About Pitt Recruits and Players doing better in the NFL yesterday, today, and THANK YOU for helping all of us on Rivals to see how you refuted “Your Own Crowning Of More Worthier Statistics!”

Please tell all on the Lair, that you are just a PSU fan like PnnyLion and couldn’t get into or graduate from Penn State either? LOL!
Editor Note: Penn State University is a great University with far greater Alumn unfortuantely Coultr77 is not one of among them?

Link to NFL Player Database: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/hat road

Last edited:
At the highest level of play in the sport, every single college football national championship, ever, at least until this past season, is a "claimed" national title. Outside Division II and III, zero have been awarded by the sport's governing body, the NCAA, and they still are not. There was also no such thing as a "consensus" title prior to 1950 when the two-poll system began, and even then, consensus is not equivalent to unanimous. It is a word that has been defined by the NCAA's record book to mean a championship that has been awarded from one of the following four national championship selecting organizations since 1950: AP, Coaches, FWAA, or NFF. That means, in the NCAA's record book, it could list up to four different "consensus" national champions for any one season. That is the meaning of "consensus", and that meaning is practically meaningless. Until around1968-1970, bowls weren't even factored in to the national polls as they were viewed more as exhibition games. Modern understanding of college football national championships is quite different than it was 50 years ago, let alone 90. What has happened with the BCS and College Football Championship is that these titles have slowly been unified, not unlike unified titles in boxing.

And it is a complete misunderstanding to say that the NCAA recognizes anything. They don't, not pre-1950 or post-1950: not one single D1A/FBS football national championship. They have zero to do with college football title decisions in 1A/FBS...never have...and still don't. All the NCAA does is list other selecting organizations' (which one or two unaffiliated college football historians have deemed as having been contemporaneously national in scope with their selections) in their official records book as a matter of historical data. That is all the NCAA does. And by that, Pitt has been awarded a national championship by a selector of national scope in 11 different seasons. According to College Football Data Warehouse, which is the most comprehensively researched listing of awarded national championships, Pitt has been awarded a national championship in 16 different seasons.

Of these 16 or 11, Pitt claims 8, and this claim is based not on these lists, but on a 1970 researched compilation of other selecting organizations' national championships by Sports Illustrated that was the first ever attempt of such a compilation (at least which was put out by a national publication). Comparatively to these other lists, SI actually found and published that Pitt had been awarded a title in a different year (1934) from those other 16 mentioned above. Since 1970, that is now well over 40 years, Pitt has always based its championship claims on that neutral, third-party, 1970 SI study, and then, along the way, added its AP/Coaches' title in 1976 to get to its claimed total of 9.

Of those 9, the weakest claim is the one from the SI study (1934) that doesn't show up many other places because it was published in a football almanac after Parke Davis' death but under his byline. That said, except for that 1970 SI study, every single national championship site and most contemporaneous selectors recognizes Pitt's 1910 undefeated and unscored upon team as that season's national champions. Pitt, however, does not recognize 1910 itself because it was not in the 1970 SI study. So, regardless, Pitt is well within a margin of legitimacy to claim 9 because that number is based on a third party compilation with most seasons, or at least a similar (or greater) number of years, supported by newer studies (at least well researched ones). Really, based on what other schools have been doing recently (like BC, Texas A&M), Pitt could easily claim 11 to 17.

NO ONE KNOWS MORE ON PITT HISTORY THAN CP!

“Coultr77 said:
“Name me a College player in the last ten years while playing college there was ever discussion about him being in the NFL HOF. “
I don’t have to name one college BUT MANY; I can tell you that USC, ND, OSU, and Michigan are proud that they have produced the most Talent in the NFL History along with Pitt! Same with Penn State except they won’t mention Pitt Players! Nevertheless, I will point out as well, that you again set up your own argument and then expect me to answer only you’re dumb questions that you made up, when I did not say that at all. All I do know and it is a fact, that Recruits want a NFL Career and many say it all the time, because nothing pays better for a College Student with a Free Scholarship like Sports Entertainment! They actually make more money younger and sooner than most of those 101,000 PSU Fans spending their money thinking it makes them superior somehow, and get upset when other Football Programs, Universities, Graduates have done better and can prove it!

Coultr77 said:
“This leads me into a much worthier statistic and that being the better chance of being a drafted player. "
Again, that is your opinion of it being a “Worthier Statistics”, but I’ll let you go on until I have you hang yourself, because you are not very smart at all? (Editor Note Warning, Go Get Some Toilet Paper because You Will Need It Soon Like Joe Did At A Game Once!)

Coultr77 said:

“This, you can hang your hat on”.
No, you’re Worthier Statistics” will just hang you, as you will see? Let compare PITT & PSU Players using “You’re Worthier Statistics” and remember that is what you call them? How can I or any recruit hang any hat on that just being drafted, when the more “Important & Worthier Statistics” it is far more important about making any NFL Team and doing well on the NFL Team? So, right off you just hanged yourself on your “You’re Worthier Statistics”, and I will prove it further to only you’re regret?

Coultr77 said:

“So what is the success comparing Pitt and Penn State.”
Wait a minute in another Post of you above…..you said it is not about comparing Pitt and Penn State, were you lying then or just stupid you forgot you posted it? Now below you want to compare Pitt & PSU? OK!
Not sure if I am reading this correctly, but I did not say any of those things.

PSU trolls want to stop obsessing about a little white lie regarding attendance....Ok, let's stop talking about attendance...

PSU trolls want to stop talking about Pitt's national championships that occurred before WWII.... Ok, let's stop talking about old national championships...

So can we talk about the present???

For instance, PITT underachieved AGAIN last year. The previous coaching staff is gone. We have a new coach who is bringing much needed energy to the program. Hopefully we can see results on the field...

NOW.... Let's discuss the other side of the coin shall we????

We have a coach in State College who previously scheduled his former team to mediocrity, who does not have a signature win, and does not have a winning record against winning teams. Yet for months we have heard the drum beating from nitters telling us that the Lions are going to be kicking ass and taking names because they are recruiting better...

Last year, I watched every PSU game and was left unimpressed.... I saw a QB regress badly. I saw a coach that made very questionable game day decisions. I saw team that according to the combined recruiting services of RIVALS, ESPN and SCOUT, started FOURTEEN FOUR STAR PLAYERS, with even more sitting on the bench, but finished only 6-6. They lost to an average Northwestern team at home, lost to a mediocre Illinois team who lost to Louisiana Tech, and struggled to beat an average BC in OT...

How do you explain this? Not enough 4 star players?

Sanctions? How did that effect the results on the field when you had more 4 star players on the bench???? If PSU was fielding low 3 star players, 2 star players or walk-ons, then I would agree that sanctions were the problem, but that's not the case...

DEEP DOWN, you're worried because you know I have a good point.... If Franklin shows more of the same this year and Narduzzi starts landing a couple of big name recruits in PA, I have a strange feeling we won't be seeing too much of you guys hanging around here any more...

PSU trolls want to stop obsessing about a little white lie regarding attendance....Ok, let's stop talking about attendance...

PSU trolls want to stop talking about Pitt's national championships that occurred before WWII.... Ok, let's stop talking about old national championships...

So can we talk about the present???

For instance, PITT underachieved AGAIN last year. The previous coaching staff is gone. We have a new coach who is bringing much needed energy to the program. Hopefully we can see results on the field...

NOW.... Let's discuss the other side of the coin shall we????

We have a coach in State College who previously scheduled his former team to mediocrity, who does not have a signature win, and does not have a winning record against winning teams. Yet for months we have heard the drum beating from nitters telling us that the Lions are going to be kicking ass and taking names because they are recruiting better...

Last year, I watched every PSU game and was left unimpressed.... I saw a QB regress badly. I saw a coach that made very questionable game day decisions. I saw team that according to the combined recruiting services of RIVALS, ESPN and SCOUT, started FOURTEEN FOUR STAR PLAYERS, with even more sitting on the bench, but finished only 6-6. They lost to an average Northwestern team at home, lost to a mediocre Illinois team who lost to Louisiana Tech, and struggled to beat an average BC in OT...

How do you explain this? Not enough 4 star players?

Sanctions? How did that effect the results on the field when you had more 4 star players on the bench???? If PSU was fielding low 3 star players, 2 star players or walk-ons, then I would agree that sanctions were the problem, but that's not the case...

DEEP DOWN, you're worried because you know I have a good point.... If Franklin shows more of the same this year and Narduzzi starts landing a couple of big name recruits in PA, I have a strange feeling we won't be seeing too much of you guys hanging around here any more...
I completely agree with your assessments, except that I feel you should take age of the four stars into consideration, a ton of true freshmen played. Not an excuse, they look bad even in some of the wins.

Right now, I have no anxiety about PITT going up against a Franklin coached PSU team. However, I would have been very concerned about going against O'Brien, especially with no sanctions. The dude could recruit AND coach. He did a fabulous job.

Pittnews.com is hardly a source of well researched information, or knowledgeable historical perspective of the sport, nor really, if you read it, are they even that good at journalism. The author of whatever obscure article that you are referring is likely to be only slightly less ignorant than you.

Not sure if I am reading this correctly, but I did not say any of those things.

Well, I just reposted what was quoted by you on the Lair for all to see, now you claim to have a memory problem, but it has been reported that alcohol and drugs often has Penn State University Students in the Top ten of that kind of mental abuse, so maybe you can use that as an excuse too, like many that choose Penn State!

Even more, I exposed the Fact that Penn State did indeed have more College Players Drafted yesterday and today, and still cannot match PITT Players excellence in the NCAA and NFL Record Books, Awards and Hall of Fames?

You never had the smarts, character, and guts to recognize that aspect about PITT recruits that became better Players at PITT than the more and many recruits that came from Penn State?

Nope, you decided to stoop even lower that College football did not exists or counted National Championships and went into a Diarrhea of Diatribe about how College Football did not exist until 1950? The Diarrhea was in your pants when I responded with the FACTS that rebutted every aspect of your weak arguments and I even credited Penn State in the process with the Facts and Stats, but you too small to thank me!

Now let me go on record and show you how much I recognize and respect Penn State Football Program.

Penn State Football Program is in the Top Ten with more wins, higher winning percentage, attendance, revenues, summer camp recruits, coaching clinics, salaries, fan and contributors support, players drafted, and always has had bigger rosters of players of 145 compared to Pitt 105 and Penn State has won 8 more games than Pitt in Series.?

These are advantages that Penn State built, earned, and decided were important and passed Pitt years ago, and I don't blame or put down Penn State that kind of excellence.......I blame Pitt's myopic Chancellors & Trustees, that did not have the vision to maintain and see that Sports Entertainment is important and can enhance, contribute, and promote the University especially in age where Sports Growth started to be even bigger and that did start in the 1960s! Salute to Penn State for seeing it!

Pitt even in the 1940s ended Athletic Scholarships and Penn State did not even them until 1947, and both Programs suffered and came in the 1950's.

PITT had far less Players on the Rosters in the 1960s until 1973 and even in the 1990-2002 average only about 67 Scholarships even though they were allowed 85! PITT got to 85 by 2002!

All I do is refute with Facts & Stats Penn State Posters that bring Penn State Hate about PITT as well as their Hate for other College Football Programs by attempting to educate Penn State Fans like you,

After everyone can read all the postings, these Penn State CULTitss usually slink away; go back on BWI, lie, and say they set Pitt Posters right instead of admitting they dumped in their pants.

The Fact remains in spite of all the advantages Penn State Program has over PITT, and how weak all your attempted arguments, trying to take away PITT recruits, Players, and Teams in the Awards and Record Books only due to your own inferiority complex about Penn State Football and that is only your problem on you!.

It is still a FACT that High School Recruits with smarts and talents that chose PITT over Penn State have produced and won more Awards, and earn more money, by playing faster and more often at PITT and that is irrefutable yesterday and today.

The other Fact is Penn State has also produced the most First Round Busts in NFL History, now what that means if recruits were so smart they would look into why 101,000 Fans is not as important as to their futures by riding the bench at Penn State when they play at PITT!

Normally, I respect Penn State Posters that can accept the accomplishments of both PITT and PSU, but you are not one them!

The problem with Penn State Fans that loved Paterno for building the Football Program into a Top tTen Program and feel the need to put down all other Football Programs not just PITT, is that whether right or wrong it was this Paterno Attitude of silence, secrecy and cover ups that left Paterno with his own tainted legacy that ruined the Penn State Name that was built on Non-Compliance of NCAA Rules, Laws, and Regulations.

Now that was exposed by many, the Penn State CULTists always attack all and anyone that shows PITT or other Programs were and always have been better in producing their Recruits into better Players than Penn State.

The High School Recruits fall for the 1007,000 lies and made up Public relations and end up sitting the bench or being a practice dummy than learning and playing better in college if they had come to PITT!

Yet, this is fact no Penn state Coach or Fan wants out!

But all PITT Coaches have to do is point that put and how Penn State has produced the most NFL Draft Busts another Fact Penn State Coaches do not want to espouse?

Nevertheless, just like PAOAG Investigators, Police, Prosecutors and Trustees Investigations revealed the truth, abuse, and violations of the laws, rules, and regulations that the Penn State Football Program created by its silences, secrecy, cover ups and lying not just to disadvantaged children but to their own recruits!

Pittnews.com is hardly a source of well researched information, or knowledgeable historical perspective of the sport, nor really, if you read it, are they even that good at journalism. The author of whatever obscure article that you are referring is likely to be only slightly less ignorant than you.

CP for pointing that out and other comments. The additional facts are the Penn State CULTists also attack their own "Penn State Collegian" when they told truth about the Penn State Football Culture!

Yet, they love to attack Newspapers, Sports Writers, Media, and their own Trustees that cleaned up the Program and appointed franklin in the first place that have bestowed Top 15 Class on recruiting?

These Penn state CULTits just can't stand and lack the character to recognize the other College Football Programs did run better, cleaner, and more prolific College Program than Penn State?

This is not all Penn State Fans but the CULTists and there are more of them more vocal than the Penn State silent giants that know the full truth and are proud of Penn State and accept and welcome the competition from Brothers and Sisters in College Football Athletics.

Right now, I have no anxiety about PITT going up against a Franklin coached PSU team. However, I would have been very concerned about going against O'Brien, especially with no sanctions. The dude could recruit AND coach. He did a fabulous job.

I with great respect disagree and I hope I am wrong!

James Franklin is now running and under one of the cleanest College Football Programs in America since they had to adopt the Compliances required by NCAA Monitor and Big Ten and Laws of Commonwealth and Education Department.

Coach Franklin is and excellent recruiter and communicator and has does better job at recruiting and following all the rules and laws than Joe Paterno ever did!

The recruiting levels should produce bigger and better Players at Penn State and their schedules makes it easy to win 9 and10 games.

Yet, Coach Franklin is on record saying he wants Three Deep of 4 Star recruits playing against each other at every practice, so only the best player will play?

Yet, as History shows even during the Paterno Era, some of those 4 Star recruits practicing at Penn State, do not matched up to the 3 & 4 Star Recruits that came to PITT and played right away, and right into the NFL Record Books!

For example, I recall the 5 Stars Recruits of Nicky Marmo and Tony Morell bragging about the 107,000 and putting down PITT, but both ended up as being College and NFL Busts!

Yet, Curtis Martin and Shady McCoy many NFL Awards and Accomplishments of Autumn!

The facts are the smarter recruits just stay quiet and choose what Program is best for them, and those that talk and put down the other Programs seldom live up to that talk and just walk out away and of the NFL!

Funny, not one of them brag how 107,000 Fans help them be better Players, only the dumber recruits fall for that line?

It is up to Coach Pat & Staff to take on Coach Jimmy and compete better on and off the GridIron, and Penn State Football Program always has more advantages than PITT….but PITT always produces better NFL Players than Penn State!

Jimmy Franklin’s has his recruiting lines to recruits all set and used the last 5 years while Coach Pat has been far more quiet and is just starting to be a Head Coach, but as a DC for MSU has produced more First Round Draft Choices than Jimmy the last 5 years.

Coach Pat did that with 2 and 3 Star recruits too, imagine what he will do with more 4 Stars?

Smart recruits the become great NFL Players always look when and what position they will play right away!

The less smart worry too much where they are playing and never understanding when a Program has more Players and Higher Star Recruits usually means more practices and bench time, not playing time?

First off you said a great deal more, and posted more, especially on how National Championships should be counted by your opinion and College Football did not start until 1950s nonsense like that to demean PITT and other Programs as Nittany Liars often do all over the world all the time and especially on Rivals Boards until they are banned.

So, let us get that straight and you can't erase you're quotes of in my posts?

Like have said, there is something wrong with you and Penn State CULTists that will attack any Program and especially PITT when PITT has been written about or has superior awards as proven by their Players, because you PSU CULTists thinks hurts Penn State somehow???

The Thread is proof and your own Posts and Penn State Fans have been upset about PITT for a long time and when you try to come to the Lair and do the same things about talking down on Pitt Accomplishments is somehow some upside for Penn State is your problem.

I had the same problem on BWI where you are not allow to promote, protect, and profess the greatest of both Programs or any Program except Penn State!

The world knows now, that Penn State Programs were built on many lies not just to Recruits but to Children and Grand Jurors and not just on Football but on Success With Honor and examples you shown all of us here!!!

Jimmy Franklin is still out-recruiting PITT and another 110 other Football Programs and I respect and recognize it, and you should leave your fear that PITT is going to show recruits that it has more National Titles Total & Recognized in the History of College Football, More Quality NFL Players in Today's NFL, and NFL Hall of Fame is not a worry for Penn State.

The Truth about PITT FOOTBALL PROGRAM has helped the Penn State Program become great too, don't fear it, just accept it! :cool:

"Willie Lump, post...."Given an opportunity that may happen. Problem is no one there discusses Pitt football on BWI like Penn State is discussed on this board. Maybe a post here and there inside the topic post, but rarely if ever someone starts a thread about Pitt football. Sorry to burst your bubble for I'm sure you thought otherwise."

Response:
The only bubble burst is Penn State Posters thinking 107,000 Fans can make them better NFL Players somehow, as the Threads proves and that is what upset you too!

I posted on BWI and not a week or day go by without one of the Nittany Liars attacking PITT or another College Program and everyone knows on Rivals if you set the record straight or bring up the problems that happen under Paterno you are banned.

The truth is Penn State has an inferiority complex not just against PITT but all Programs, don't come over here and tell Nittany Lies when BWI got posts on FSU, Michigan and PITT right now. The Rivals new format helps reduce the thread views but they are there.

Also, I usually avoid the smack attacks on PSU & WVU, on the Lair. This Thread started by correcting the 107,000 Recruit Myths versus 101,000 reality, and I still think anything over 65,000 is still great for penn state, but the Poster was not wrong.

Willie Lump, the other burst was you're post that is about a half a bubble off plumb, and that's sure and certain!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT