ADVERTISEMENT

What is it? 107,000 strong or Unrivaled opportunities for season tickets

The conclusion to this story is " the truth is a lie". There are not 107,000 strong because there are not 107,000.Ok....so it is now "90,000 plus strong and more when Ohio State fills our stadium."

You were right from the start and why I defended your posts and it did draw out the Penn State Fans that do not understand their Football Program was built on Half-Lies, Attacks on other Coaches & Programs, and Magical Myths that cannot accept other Football Programs successes equal or surpass their own.

I credit Penn State and even Paterno for some great coaching and wins as well and building a Top Ten Football Program in many categories and accept others may disagree with me on that aspect. Even if the Penn State Football Scandal did expose the many Lies, Half-Lies, and Non-Compliance under Paterno, Spanier, Schultz, and Curley!

UCLA, UNC, and Kansas Basketball were built on NCAA Violations as well but that is the price often some feel needs o be paid to achieve excellence in that particular sports and I leave that up to others to decide.

Still, I do not fault any recruit that wants to go to Penn State, the Football Program is in full compliance since 2012 and Jimmy Franklin has done better than Paterno ever did in recruiting and works just as hard and I won't put him down just because he coaches at Penn State for his devotion to his job, players, and university.

It is up to PITT's Coach Pat & Staff to challenge and beat him and that is fair to me. PITT Chancellor Gallagher, AD Barnes and Coach Pat & Staff have much to do to rebuild their Pitt vision into a 10+ Win Top 25 Reality without all the advantages many other Programs have over PITT. If MSU, Baylor, ULou, and TCU can do it, so can PITT!

Yet, any Recruit with talent that thinks 107,000, 101,000 or 96,000 Fans is going to make him a better Football Players for the NFL sitting a bench in College Football while waiting for his turn among a bigger Roster should be rethinking where he can learn the game faster by playing sooner not later. If he does his homework he will learn PITT IS IT for that goal.

PITT has backed up that very goal by proving it is the Best Pennsylvania Football Programs that produces the higher quality of recruits and players for the NFL and the FACTS, RECORDS, and AWARDS that research such things without a doubt say that in Pennsylvania.....PITT IS IT!

Half-Lies by some Nittany Liars cannot take that away from PITT no matter how much they are jealous and want to disagree, demean, and dismiss those Facts!

Both Programs can be proud that they have been acknowledged 31 National Championships as well, and it will be fun to play PSU again in 2016-19!

Last edited:
Reactions: Saboteur
Ok....so it is now "90,000 plus strong and more when Ohio State fills our stadium."

One of the consequences Paterno did not have the vision to see when he chose the Big Ten was that Programs like Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and later Nebraska actually limit the number of tickets they sell to Visiting Teams Fans and the Famous Penn State RV Traveling Alumni & Fans that used to sell out, Eastern Independent Stadiums, were limited by Seating Availability and Travel Distance.

I talked to a Great PSU RV Alumnus in 2003 from Lancaster once years ago, and he told me it costs him $400.00 in Gasoline (Price Was Far Lower Than Today) to travel to Michigan back and forth on one tank, but he could not get all the tickets he wanted, so he and many others quit doing it. He said, he came to regret Penn State joining the Big Ten for that reason and wanted to be in the ACC where he is one day drive to most ACC Schools.

However, Maryland and Rutgers joining the Big Ten now gives the PSU fans the ability to sell out those Stadiums to their advantage.

In spite of all the PSU Posters trying to demean PITT Accomplishments of Autumn, I still admire and salute how Penn State Fans support their Program and it is up to PITT to do the same and if Baylor, TCU, and MSU, did it so can PITT!

I am looking forward to the PSU-Pitt game
I'm over joyed this rivalry will once again be renewed. It's only a four game series but hoping the powers that make these decisions continue 2020 and beyond. There is rich tradition there and many memorable games from years past.

With that said, I'm envisioning a sellout in 2016 and Pitt fans had better energize their base or it's going to look like a home game for PSU. Expect Penn State fans to buy up all the available seats possible and gain the noise level advantage.

I've posted in the Lions Den, not the BWI free board, that I want PSU's 2017 game with Pitt to be our traditional "Whiteout" game with positive feedback from other posters. No one has posted negatively. It will be tremendous for publicity and great for the state of PA.

I'm over joyed this rivalry will once again be renewed. It's only a four game series but hoping the powers that make these decisions continue 2020 and beyond. There is rich tradition there and many memorable games from years past. With that said, I'm envisioning a sellout in 2016 and Pitt fans had better energize their base or it's going to look like a home game for PSU. Expect Penn State fans to buy up all the available seats possible and gain the noise level advantage. I've posted in the Lions Den, not the BWI free board, that I want PSU's 2017 game with Pitt to be our traditional "Whiteout" game with positive feedback from other posters. No one has posted negatively. It will be tremendous for publicity and great for the state of PA.

Penn State Fans have mostly sold out PITT, BC, WVU, CUSE in all the previous years and now doing it at Rutgers and Maryland in the future. I admire and salute the Penn State Football Program and nothing wrong saying it and up to the other Programs to change it just like Michigan and Ohio State always make sure more of their Fans.

Paterno ended the PITT-PSU Series due to his own ego putting it above CFB Historical Traditions and the rivalry should be renewed. If they can play 2016-19 they can play every year just like Penn State had to correct Paterno's Non-compliance in Rules, Regulations, and Laws in 2012 they should do the same on the series. Penn State Football Program is a Top Ten Program it was built on wins and I compliment that very much, but it was also built with silence, secrecy and cover ups as now known and why the sanctions happen. It is easier to win when not following all the rules too!

Penn State's Coach Franklin superb recruiting in the Top 25 and Top 15 will have Penn State loaded with talent in 2016 to 2019 and PITT will have a tough challenge playing against Franklin with his talent and fans at Heinz Field and Coach Pat & Staff have much to do to overcome those advantages. This is challenge for PITT and Narduzzi as Franklin rebuilds the Penn State Football Program in full compliance with all laws, regulations and rules unlike Paterno Public Relations!

The reason not to play each other anymore is over after Paterno was removed! Same for WVU now that PITT no longer has Pederson. PITT has been losing more games to PSU and WVU for 50 years now than winning them, and that is up to PITT to change, but all 3 Programs are better playing together, in my opinion!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT