ADVERTISEMENT

You are the AD...get rid of one sport and add a new one (Men)

In men's sports; the only 2 that come to mind, that there would be conference competition: crew,
& men's lacrosse. BC is the only ACC school that has D1 Ice Hockey

Don't want to cut any existing sports but if I had to with this scenario I'd cut gymnastics as it is not sponsored by the acc and add men's lacrosse

Cut Cross Country and add hockey. I gave serious consideration to adding men's lacrosse instead of hockey, but lacrosse is a spring sport and I have enough things to do in the spring.

It is just a little odd to see 2 guys in the positions they get themselves in. I remember in one of those championship matches, one of the guys had the other in some type of hold where he had to have his arm up the other's butt crack. Its just awkward to watch.

Guess you've never been at the bottom of the pile during a football game.

It is just a little odd to see 2 guys in the positions they get themselves in. I remember in one of those championship matches, one of the guys had the other in some type of hold where he had to have his arm up the other's butt crack. Its just awkward to
Do you have the same "odd" opinions about the sport of football? I mean, doesn't each play begin with one man bending over and spreading his legs in front of another man?
Then, the man who is bending over is waiting for the man behind him to place his hands in between his legs.
C'mon Man!!!

Do you have the same "odd" opinions about the sport of football? I mean, doesn't each play begin with one man bending over and spreading his legs in front of another man?
Then, the man who is bending over is waiting for the man behind him to place his hands in between his legs.
C'mon Man!!!
I grew up watching football so to me, it never came across as awkward. Plus, there arent many close-ups of that. In wrestling, there are close-up shots of the guys with their packages bulging out getting themselves in weird positons.

I'm the AD.

I keep all current sports teams and Right Size (Tarp) Heinz Field down to 50,000 fans.

I like Heinz Field and my club seats.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

If Pitt were ever to add another women's sport, it should be Women's Beach Volleyball. Im serious.
Dan Fisher was a professional beach volleyball player. Adding Beach VB would allow for sharing of scholarships between sports and year-round coaching and development.

FSU is the only ACC school with a program. I'm kind of surprised PSU doesn't have a beach team yet.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Dan Fisher was a professional beach volleyball player. Adding Beach VB would allow for sharing of scholarships between sports and year-round coaching and development.

FSU is the only ACC school with a program. I'm kind of surprised PSU doesn't have a beach team yet.
Interesting. The Spring weather would not be conducive for a team but just saying, that could be a pretty big spectator sport in person and on TV.

I grew up watching football so to me, it never came across as awkward. Plus, there arent many close-ups of that. In wrestling, there are close-up shots of the guys with their packages bulging out getting themselves in weird positons.
What does your therapist tell you about your feelings towards men? You obviously haven't quite come to grips with why you noticed and became fixated on the bulging packages. No judgement here, but I suggest you avoid the highway rest stops on 79 until you feel better about it all.

Definitely never, ever cut cross country and T&F. Instead, put more into it and cut wrestling or softball. Wasn't tennis already cut?

In wrestling, there are close-up shots of the guys with their packages bulging out getting themselves in weird positons.

The fact that during a wrestling match you are concentrating on bulging packages rather than what is going on on the mat says waaaaaaaaaaaay more about you than it does wrestling or wrestlers.

🤔

The fact that during a wrestling match you are concentrating on bulging packages rather than what is going on on the mat says waaaaaaaaaaaay more about you than it does wrestling or wrestlers.

🤔
Well that's part of the problem, I dont really know whats going on. I dont know what I'm watching since I'm not familiar with the rules and strategy. So when I see a guy have his hand up the other's butt crack, I'm not thinking "if he can just hold this position for 10 more seconds, we can get a point," I think that's an awfully awkward position to be in.

For all those who want to cut wrestling, what the hell are you thinking?

So you would get rid of the 1 and only and I mean the 1 and only sport Pitt could literally be top 5 year in year out, with a bad year being top 15? Yeah soccer is number 1 right now which is great even for a non soccer fan like myself. But can they continue that if this coach (who someone on here called the Saban of College Soccer) left to go elsewhere?

The talent in Pitt's backyard allows for a consistent top 5 team year in year out. Gavin is finally able to get them to stay home. To put it in football terms all Pitt wrestling needs to be a top program is a Wanny, Chryst, or Duzz type to lead the program. They don't need a Saban or Dabo type like those other sports would require for year in year out success.
It’s nothing personal for me. I understand that realistically, wrestling is a sport that Pitt in particular (a) would not cut, and (b) does not make sense to cut, considering it’s a sport that Pitt has a ton of natural advantages.

But if you’re asking me if I had to cut one sport, personally, it’s wrestling simply because it’s the sport I care about the least. But to be honest, I think we can add men’s lacrosse (which is the sport I was going to add) without cutting a sport. Especially when the new lacrosse facility is built.

Or here:

Not sure if this project is still happening but they're supposed to build a beach and lagoon by Heinz Field
The optics would be great. Mahnt Warshington. Rooney Statue. Bridges. Geese. Crap. Literally they'd need to cover the sand overnight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT