ADVERTISEMENT

UConn...

Just out of curiosity, how many point do we think Edey would score against our centers. 30? 40? 50?

He had 40 and 16 today. He could go for 50 and 20 against our centers and foul both of them out, and it wouldn't surprise anyone. We'd have to hit a boatload of threes just to have a chance to stay in the game against them.

Now sometimes this season we did hit a boatload of threes, so I'm not saying it's impossible. It would just be really, really unlikely.
Tennessee didn’t impress me outside of Knecht. State jumping back into the game vs Duke. If State wins and plays Purdue I guess we will see since we know Pitt can play with NC State.

UConn...

Pitt when they were on could beat all but a small handful of teams. When off they could lose to all but a small handful.

The way a few of these better teams defend, Pitt would have a great deal of trouble finding any space to shoot or score and realistically couldn’t beat them.

For example, if Pitt played Tennessee or a fully healthy Houston, do you think they’d realistically stand any chance? Pitt doesn’t see any teams that defend that way, and there are none in the ACC.

And then there’s teams with a dominant big and a strong supporting cast, like Purdue. Or teams that are super long, talented and athletic all over the floor, like Bama. I don’t think Pitt could hang with those teams.

So I’ll just stick with the idea that Pitt absolutely deserved to be safely in the field of 64, probably as a 7-8 seed, and had a good enough team to win a couple of games.
You mean Diaz Graham wouldn't be able to body edey?
  • Haha
Reactions: rockypanther

UConn...

UCoNN is the only team I am seeing that Pitt couldn’t stay with. Tennessee and Purdue each have a great player but neither has our backcourt depth combined with Hinson.

Duke is the second worst matchup as we know.

Purdue at least is eliminating Tennessee so we don’t have to stomach 2 SEC teams. I like Painter as a coach.

UCONN will crush Bama. I expect Duke to win today and lose to Purdue.
Pitt when they were on could beat all but a small handful of teams. When off they could lose to all but a small handful.

The way a few of these better teams defend, Pitt would have a great deal of trouble finding any space to shoot or score and realistically couldn’t beat them.

For example, if Pitt played Tennessee or a fully healthy Houston, do you think they’d realistically stand any chance? Pitt doesn’t see any teams that defend that way, and there are none in the ACC.

And then there’s teams with a dominant big and a strong supporting cast, like Purdue. Or teams that are super long, talented and athletic all over the floor, like Bama. I don’t think Pitt could hang with those teams.

So I’ll just stick with the idea that Pitt absolutely deserved to be safely in the field of 64, probably as a 7-8 seed, and had a good enough team to win a couple of games.
Reactions: rockypanther

UConn...

UCoNN is the only team I am seeing that Pitt couldn’t stay with. Tennessee and Purdue each have a great player but neither has our backcourt depth combined with Hinson.

Just out of curiosity, how many point do we think Edey would score against our centers. 30? 40? 50?

He had 40 and 16 today. He could go for 50 and 20 against our centers and foul both of them out, and it wouldn't surprise anyone. We'd have to hit a boatload of threes just to have a chance to stay in the game against them.

Now sometimes this season we did hit a boatload of threes, so I'm not saying it's impossible. It would just be really, really unlikely.

If I Ruled the ACC & Pitt Hoops

It would take coordination with the Big 12, BE, and 2 mid-major leagues but it could be done. This would allow ACC teams to get resume games to improve their non-con in Jan/Feb when your new teams is more ready to play than it is in November.

And as we have all seen, the Big East and the Big 12 would like nothing better than to help the ACC teams to improve their resumes.

Other than you, no one in the whole country would rather play lots of conference games at times when no one is paying attention and fewer people are going to games, rather than at times when lots of people are paying attention and going to games.

Rick Barnes

It seems like Barnes recruits athletes and not Shooters. Yes Knecht is unbelievable but it was somewhat lucky he landed him. Nobody could of predicted how good he was at this level. It just seems every year they are a top 25 team but nothing elite about them. Knecht needed help today and they had nobody step up.

What’s the Inside Story?

Actually I’ve got plenty of time between rounds .

Yes , Kenny sucked less than Mitch .

Mason played 4 games in which the Steeler offense looked so much different than under Kenny or Mitch and they ran the exact same system all yr . Just ask the players who they wanted as their Qb . Has there been any bellyaching from the players on these moves . Actually it’s been the opposite……..should tell you something.

I’m going to exit this conversation ( for good ! ) with these final thoughts
1) it doesn’t matter what either of us think
2) The Steelers don’t believe they gave up on a future franchise Qb
3) The Steelers feel that their Qb room is far superior now with Wilson and Fields .( for what’s it’s worth so do I )
4) You shouldn’t allow a Fb teams play effect your life except for the 3 hrs you’re watching it …..it’s not all that important. Enjoy your day .
PT #1: Then why are you here?
Pt #'s 2 &3: Are you the official representative of the stillers?
Pt #4: Again, the 3-hour games are over. Why are you allowing this to affect your life? Your innumerable posts on this subject indicate that it is VERY important to you. Why is that?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT