ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEC and Duquesne football

Huh? Its the 4th largest city in Pennsylvania behind Allentown, which has Lehigh in the town right next to it. I consider Lehigh to be in the "Allentown market." Can you find any cities larger than Erie without a D1 team in its market?

Metropolitan Area Populations

8. Philadelphia–Camden–Wilmington
27. Pittsburgh
67. Allentown–Bethlehem–Easton
95. Harrisburg–Carlisle
100. Scranton–Wilkes-Barre
104. Lancaster
116. York–Hanover
124. Reading
187. Erie

Women’s final four

I can agree that Iowa would be close for about the first three minutes against Canevin, and then it would be a blowout for Canevin.

But I enjoyed the women's games this tourney for what they were. Its not the same as the men's game, nowhere near the athleticism. But the ball movement/cutting can be fun to watch, you don't see that with the men as much. So I take it for what it is and enjoy watching it.

That's what I don't get. I mean if the Pitt men were playing the Celtics Pitt would lose by 60 or 70 points. Maybe more. So what? We still watch the Pitt men play all the time. If the Pitt football team was playing the Stillers they would get completely blown off the field. So what? We watch the Pitt football team all the time.

If you want to argue that you can't watch some sporting event because it's not the highest level of the game a college sports message board seems to be an especially stupid place to do it.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT