ADVERTISEMENT

“What if I Wasn’t Tyreek Hill?”

Not sure why you replied to me as I think we are on the same page on that fact pattern. Based on the body cam footage, is your view that the cops did nothing wrong?
nope, think they escalated a situation that didnt need it. first cop seemed ok, the second cop coming in and throwing him down was uneccessary and if i were him, i'd probably be updating my resume about now.

Dude its Miami, there's going to be players and fans rolling up to the game in $500,000+ vehicles.
Hill's car looked silly, like something that belongs in a fast and furious sequel. i liked that 2nd dude's SUV though, that thing was sweet.

Reactions: buckage
Again roll up your window when a cop stops you and see how that works out for you

Hill acted like an entitled idiot and the cops were AHoles as well. Both can be true. It’s not hard
I've been pulled over in the winter. I'm 99% sure I wound it up after giving my ID.

Again roll up your window when a cop stops you and see how that works out for you

Hill acted like an entitled idiot and the cops were AHoles as well. Both can be true. It’s not hard
One is a citizen, one is a cop.

One should be held to a higher standard.

Reactions: 303vND
One is a citizen, one is a cop.

One should be held to a higher standard.
Don’t disagree with the last part. But that doesn’t excuse breaking the law and not following cops orders to a T Knowing there are Ahole cops out there and not following their orders to a t is a sign of arrogance and stupidity

First off Im 99 pct sure you didn’t roll up your window while the cop was standing at your door

Secondly it wasn’t winter But keep making excuses for this dope.
Haha...I can promise you my window went up quickly.

It was 90 degrees with 85% humidity in Miami. I'm winding my window up, too.

Why was the cop lingering? Take the ID, go to your car and run it. Had the cop just complied with his job, he gives him a ticket and Hill is the bad guy.

Keep licking boots.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Come on man. Why the condescension?

doing 120 mph in a sports car in south Florida will yield you more than what you experienced in rural PA.
Speeding is speeding .
“Just give me my ticket “ is what he said from his rolled down window , prior to the other cop saying “we’re gonna break your window” and the other escalated .

Stop it

His window was down , then partially down - it’s why you can hear Tyreek speaking the whole time .

Why was the cop lingering? Take the ID, go to your car and run it. Had the cop just complied with his job, he gives him a ticket and Hill is the bad guy.

Keep licking boots.
Because they even said while approaching “it’s reek!””
They knew who he was when they pulled him over .

Reactions: ratking17

Keep licking boots.
Who is licking boots? Ive said the cops acted like Aholes. But they reality is they have guns and a badge and you dont. Not recognizing that is pure stupidity. But hey keep acting like a moron and Im sure that will work out well for you.

Reactions: VolPanther
what is kind of funny in all of this, and i'll include Scottie Sheffler's dust up in louisville. we all want to have hands across america with these two "travesties of injustice" and give our thoughts and prayers to these two but in reality, one made his tee time an hour or two later and one was on time for work at the field an hour later..

i mean, lets hold off on the gofundme accounts for these two "victims." it's nice to have money and be rich and famous because if they werent, they arent making kickoff and the tee time, i'll tell you that.

• Haha
Reactions: pittbb80
Who is licking boots? Ive said the cops acted like Aholes. But they reality is they have guns and a badge and you dont. Not recognizing that is pure stupidity. But hey keep acting like a moron and Im sure that will work out well for you.
Why not simply expect more from police from a conduct perspective ?

Write the ticket and move on .
The problem is these guys with guns and egos demand being treated differently than they treat others .

The absolutely pathetic solve rate for criminal investigations should be the first clue about what these police are spending their times .

what is kind of funny in all of this, and i'll include Scottie Sheffler's dust up in louisville. we all want to have hands across america with these two "travesties of injustice" and give our thoughts and prayers to these two but in reality, one made his tee time an hour or two later and one was on time for work at the field an hour later..

i mean, lets hold off on the gofundme accounts for these two "victims." it's nice to have money and be rich and famous because if they werent, they arent making kickoff and the tee time, i'll tell you that.
Not caring at all about the citizens treated badly .
I do care about police misconduct - and how they lie to the press , until video proves they are lying .

It’s why police shouldn’t get benefit of the doubt . Its too common an occurrence for them to act badly and lie about it .

Some of us care about individual liberty and rights .

Not caring at all about the citizens treated badly .
I do care about police misconduct - and how they lie to the press , until video proves they are lying .

It’s why police shouldn’t get benefit of the doubt . Its too common an occurrence for them to act badly and lie about it .

Some of us care about individual liberty and rights .
good reply,

Why not simply expect more from police from a conduct perspective ?

Write the ticket and move on .
The problem is these guys with guns and egos demand being treated differently than they treat others .

The absolutely pathetic solve rate for criminal investigations should be the first clue about what these police are spending their times .
Im with you on purging police departments of the arrogant Aholes . But honestly who would want to be a cop today? Pay isnt that great and you have to deal with Aholes in society. Need a radical change starting with increasing pay to make the job more attractive, providing legitimate training, and then holding them to a high level of performance while having their backs when they do the right thing. The entire sytem is a mess.

Reactions: FireballZ
So a gun and badge makes them what exactly? Are they above the law? Allowed to be assholes when others aren't?

I don't know what you're saying here.

It's your right to own an AR-15 but you don't have any rights when pulled over for speeding.

Some of you are sooooo stupid!

Tyreek hills a scumbag. But when protecting rights of everyone you don't get to pick and choose.

He doesn't have to be nice to the cop. The cop is paid and held to a standard above him.

Don't speed and/or drive like a jackass. I don't care if you are driving an expensive sports car, or some POS with the bumper hanging off. Cars can easily kill people and he was rightly pulled over. I know I'm in the minority, but driving recklessly should lead to your car being towed.

If pulled over, don't be a dick and disrespectful. I'd be concerned with someone driving like that and rolling up their tinted windows. Kind of scary actually.

Some people will try to make this a racial issue, but just as in most cases it's 99% the fault of the driver.

Speeding is speeding .
“Just give me my ticket “ is what he said from his rolled down window , prior to the other cop saying “we’re gonna break your window” and the other escalated .

Stop it
Speeding isn't the same in all circumstances. That's just lazy. In Florida, driving 50 over the speed limit is a felony. And repeat offenders can be sentenced to up to 5 years in prison. It's can also be reckless driving if it shows a willful disregard for other motorists. That is also punishable by imprisonment. I had a situation on 79 recently where where someone in a compact car was traveling that speed and cut over 3 lanes to try and squeeze between a car and the back of a tractor trailer in the next lane over. Had me and the car in front of me not anticipated this and slammed on our brakes to let that person through, we would all have been severely injured or worse. So yeah, there's a difference.

Don't speed and/or drive like a jackass. I don't care if you are driving an expensive sports car, or some POS with the bumper hanging off. Cars can easily kill people and he was rightly pulled over. I know I'm in the minority, but driving recklessly should lead to your car being towed.

If pulled over, don't be a dick and disrespectful. I'd be concerned with someone driving like that and rolling up their tinted windows. Kind of scary actually.

Some people will try to make this a racial issue, but just as in most cases it's 99% the fault of the driver.
Nobody is making it racial
The reason Tyreek and Scotty didn’t miss work after being cuffed and put on their stomachs by cops on a power trip -instead of getting arrested -
Is because they are very wealthy .

It’s a class issue , not a racial one.
Although no doubt as a former poster here attested - there is a racial profiling as normal course of action

Speeding isn't the same in all circumstances. That's just lazy. In Florida, driving 50 over the speed limit is a felony. And repeat offenders can be sentenced to up to 5 years in prison. It's can also be reckless driving if it shows a willful disregard for other motorists. That is also punishable by imprisonment. I had a situation on 79 recently where where someone in a compact car was traveling that speed and cut over 3 lanes to try and squeeze between a car and the back of a tractor trailer in the next lane over. Had me and the car in front of me not anticipated this and slammed on our brakes to let that person through, we would all have been severely injured or worse. So yeah, there's a difference.
Then why didn’t they arrest him and detain him ?
Hint
“It’s Reek!”

So a gun and badge makes them what exactly? Are they above the law? Allowed to be assholes when others aren't?

I don't know what you're saying here.
I'll say it slowly this time so perhaps you can understand. When you get pulled over you have two choices..........

1. to follow their orders to a T and be able to drive off without being shot or taken to jail. If the cop does something illegal you can then sue the cop/municipality for violating your rights.

2. Not follow the cops commands and get arrested, have the crap kicked out of you or worse. Kind of like Russian roulette.

In no way shape or form am I absolving the police of being AHoles or violating peoples rights, but in that instant they have a badge and a gun. Thats reality. Acknowledging reality and choosing option one will avoid additional problem's with the cop 99.9% of the time AND give you far more leverage down the road IF he goes on and violates your rights.

Reactions: Millerton
I'll say it slowly this time so perhaps you can understand. When you get pulled over you have two choices..........

1. to follow their orders to a T and be able to drive off without being shot or taken to jail. If the cop does something illegal you can then sue the cop/municipality for violating your rights.

2. Not follow the cops commands and get arrested, have the crap kicked out of you or worse. Kind of like Russian roulette.

In no way shape or form am I absolving the police of being AHoles or violating peoples rights, but in that instant they have a badge and a gun. Thats reality. Acknowledging reality and choosing option one will avoid additional problem's with the cop 99.9% of the time AND give you far more leverage down the road IF he goes on and violates your rights.
1- qualified immunity takes away your ability to pursue misconduct .
That’s the sad truth .
Cops can do whatever the hell they want and are protected legally :

Then why didn’t they arrest him and detain him ?
Hint
“It’s Reek!”
What does that have to do with your comment or my response that is was wrong? You're not moving any goalposts here. You can refute my claims with facts or take the L and move on to one of your 19 other arguments in this thread.

Im with you on purging police departments of the arrogant Aholes . But honestly who would want to be a cop today? Pay isnt that great and you have to deal with Aholes in society. Need a radical change starting with increasing pay to make the job more attractive, providing legitimate training, and then holding them to a high level of performance while having their backs when they do the right thing. The entire sytem is a mess.
worst job on the planet, especially in today's political climate.

Reactions: pittbb80
What does that have to do with your comment or my response that is was wrong? You're not moving any goalposts here. You can refute my claims with facts or take the L and move on to one of your 19 other arguments in this thread.
I refuted it

He got a ticket .
Not arrested and detained .

I'll say this s-l-o-w-e-r, qualified immunity.

Here's the definition, the doctrine of qualified immunity protects state and local officials, including law enforcement officers, from individual liability unless the official violated a clearly established constitutional right. The evolution of qualified immunity began in 1871 when Congress adopted 42 U.S.C.

Have you seriously not heard of this. It's why ppl like you and I have a hard time suing a cop for stuff like this.

I refuted it

He got a ticket .
Not arrested and detained .
You refuted what? You said speeding is speeding. It isn't. I never said he had to be arrested. Show me where in the law in Florida or anywhere that all speeding infractions are the same. I'll wait.

You refuted what? You said speeding is speeding. It isn't. I never said he had to be arrested. Show me where in the law in Florida or anywhere that all speeding infractions are the same. I'll wait.
He was clocked going 60mph a mile from work .
Take a kneee

I bet I simply get a ticket and move on with my day .

Doesn’t take 6 officers for a moving violation

They saw black guy in a very expensive car and went nuts .
Absolutely not. I've seen plenty of videos of all races and sex where people act similar and outcomes most times are similar.

Nobody is making it racial
The reason Tyreek and Scotty didn’t miss work after being cuffed and put on their stomachs by cops on a power trip -instead of getting arrested -
Is because they are very wealthy .

It’s a class issue , not a racial one.
Although no doubt as a former poster here attested - there is a racial profiling as normal course of action
Actually Hill is making this racial. Check out the post above when interviewed on CNN. Are you trying to say that Hill isn't alluding to racial protests in his comments?

Collins: You just tweeted a moment ago. You said, let's make a change. What did you mean by that?

Hill: We tried it all. We protested. We took a knee. What’s next? We’re brainstorming on how we can be a part of this change

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT