ADVERTISEMENT

“What if I Wasn’t Tyreek Hill?”

Man, what video did you see? The one I saw clearly showed he had to be asked repeatedly to roll down the window, rolled it down far enough to repeatedly tell the cop to not knock in the window, then roll it up and completely ignore the cop’s reasonable instruction. Look - there are PLENTY of examples of cops going way over the line, and I do believe “driving while Black” is an actual phenomenon which causes needless traffic stops and in some instances violent arrests, but c’mon man! Hill acted privileged and grossly overestimated his place on the power scale in this instance. The cop needed to see Hill and see his hands. Hill’s childish refusal to lower his window and keep it down throughout the encounter caused the ugly consequence.

In these encounters there is a huge power imbalance and the imbalance favors LE. Don’t fight that fight.

With him closing the tinted window, the police were probably totally within their rights to draw their firearms and take defensive positions while instructing Hill to exit the vehicle and get onto the ground.

Funny how he was driving pooy, likely weaving from lane to lane, but was suddenly worried about injuring his knee when being cuffed. What a clown.

With him closing the tinted window, the police were probably totally within their rights to draw their firearms and take defensive positions while instructing Hill to exit the vehicle and get onto the ground.

Funny how he was driving pooy, likely weaving from lane to lane, but was suddenly worried about injuring his knee when being cuffed. What a clown.
Yeah, who needs de-escalation when you can have multiple people point guns and scream conflicting orders with their fingers on the trigger. Not lowering your window for 13 seconds is definitely worth of potentially lethal force.

The schadenfreude is strong in this thread.

Yeah, who needs de-escalation when you can have multiple people point guns and scream conflicting orders with their fingers on the trigger. Not lowering your window for 13 seconds is definitely worth of potentially lethal force.

In 2023, 44 cops were shot during a traffic stop. Cops are trained to keep an eye on the hands of people. Hands kill. I really don’t understand how anyone rationally thinks it’s ok to allow a driver to keep his tinted windows up during a traffic stop, thereby obscuring a cop’s view of a driver’s hands. Are you kidding me? That’s just nuts!

Pretty sure no police pulled any weapons.

In 2023, 44 cops were shot during a traffic stop. Cops are trained to keep an eye on the hands of people. Hands kill. I really don’t understand how anyone rationally thinks it’s ok to allow a driver to keep his tinted windows up during a traffic stop, thereby obscuring a cop’s view of a driver’s hands. Are you kidding me? That’s just nuts!
I don't necessarily disagree with your argument in theory if I were just reading the sequence of events on a piece of paper without having seen the video.

-How many of those cops were shot in the middle of the day by a guy in a $400,000 car that just handed over his license and registration?
-Did those cops seem like they were acting out of fear for their lives, or did it look like they were acting like they were pissed off at the disrespect from his attitude?
-The cop doesn't even finish warning him about making him get out of the car before he orders him out. Then the second office starts to open the door to yank him out in less than 6 seconds from the first time he's told to get out of the car.
-Did it look like the cop was in fear for his life when he ran over less than two seconds after Hill was told to take a seat before dragging him to the ground and taunting him while Hill was saying he had knee surgery?

I’m going to ask you to cite your source
Because the actual number was 5 nationally which considering the anatomical denominator shows it’s a very extremely rare event .
. So equal to Covid deaths

37 died from motor vehicle accidents

It’s not the state law
Do you have to roll your window down for police in Florida?
Yes, in Florida, you are required to roll your window down when the police are attempting to pull you over. It’s important to comply with this requirement to ensure a smooth interaction with law enforcement

Because the actual number was 5 nationally which considering the anatomical denominator shows it’s a very extremely rare event .

Not my statistic but it's from the DOJ report cited in the link you posted. But some of the numbers and categories seem to be mixed together.
Traffic Stops
39 shooting incidents
44 shot
7 killed

It doesn't provide more detail but does say "In many cases, officers were shot before they could exit their vehicles after an initial traffic stop or upon arrival at the scene of an incident." This is under "Ambush-Style Attacks" but that section cites 115 "Ambush Incidents" but their statistic only attribute 21 incidents to "Ambush" so that leads me to believe that they included the other 94 premeditated shootings into the other categories if they could be attributed to a traffic stop, warrant service, Theft investigation, etc.

So that means the number of officers likely shot last year standing next to a car during a routine traffic stop is almost certainly fewer than 35 out of more than 20,000,000+ traffic stops or a less than 0.000175% chance of getting shot during a traffic stop. About the same as lightning striking a person in the US.

Last edited:
Bullshit you’re a race baiting cop hater defending the indefensible and your 100 posts here prove that so we get it and where you stand. The guy rolled his window back up and refused to put it back down in a car you couldn’t see in so make all the excuses you want the guy brought it all on himself by not simply doing what was asked period. I’m no fan of cops by any means but I certainly do what I’m told when I encounter them and have never had an issue. If I mouthed off or disobeyed any direction given to me I’d expect the same treatment he got.
Not a single thing you said is true, including my post count lol

Do you have to roll your window down for police in Florida?
Yes, in Florida, you are required to roll your window down when the police are attempting to pull you over. It’s important to comply with this requirement to ensure a smooth interaction with law enforcement

Wait pharm is wrong again and just wants to make this a racial thing as usual? Shocking

No, cops are supposed to allow people to do whatever the heck they want at a traffic stop! If not then....racism.

Last edited:

I didn’t say killed. I said shot during traffic stops. Page 4.

• Haha
Reactions: HailtoPitt

Page 4. I said shot during traffic stops - not killed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT