ADVERTISEMENT

2 loss teams in playoffs

Sarge25

Freshman
Aug 18, 2017
Is it possible we see multiple 2 loss teams in the playoffs?

Auburn beats Alabama and then beats Georgia in the SEC championship. Both possible, so how do you leave Auburn out of the playoffs if they do that? Georgia added to the 2 loss pool.

Miami and Clemson win out, then Miami beats Clemson in the title game. 12-0 Miami in, 11-2 Clemson added to the 2 loss pool.

OSU wins out against UM and Wisky. A 2 loss champion OSU and a 1 loss Wisky come out of the big 10 added to the pool.

TCU beats Oklahoma. I can't see TCU added to the playoffs, but we now have another non-champion 2 loss program from a P5.

USC wins out wins the Pac10

1 loss teams not champs.... Alabama and Wisconsin
2 loss team conf champ OSU, USC
2 loss teams not champs Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma

I think the most unlikely to happen is TCU beating Oklahoma....but all the teams mentioned are good and capable of winning all the games mentioned. What the hell does the committee do if this scenario plays out?

Auburn and Ohio St have legitimate shots, it could be argued that Auburn controls its own destiny. The others aren’t getting in.

Contrary to what SMF says I can’t see a 1 loss Alabama team being left out. Alabama pretty much is college football and they would be tough to exclude. They would also be favored over everyone else as a 1 loss team.

I said last week that OSU was the dark horse to get into the Playoff because of the Big 10 push in the media.

I said last week that OSU was the dark horse to get into the Playoff because of the Big 10 push in the media.
This would need to happen. Remember Oklahoma beat them in Columbus. Bama wins out, Miami Wins out, Oklahoma wins out. It would then come down to OSU, Georgia, and Clemson. A lot would depend on how the games went. No chance for USC.

Clemson is out if they lose to Miami. But, if Clemson loses to South Carolina then beats #2/#3 Miami, they are probably in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT