ADVERTISEMENT

2017 offers

The conversation had nothing to do with Dixon, and I wasn't talking to you teabagger.

Like I said, every single post you make reeks of hypocrisy. You are holding stallings to a completely different standard than Dixon.

In any case, these recruits stallings is getting aren't going to get Pitt higher than mid tier acc, especially since he had more talent and vandy at times and ranked. I thought that the new coach would recruit better and get top 25 classes?

Raiquan Gray offered. 6'8", 235# PF from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. 247 has him 4 stars, 116 overall. ESPN has him 4 stars unranked. Rivals has him 3 stars, #140 overall.
Looks like a player...big body with skills.

Like I said, every single post you make reeks of hypocrisy. You are holding stallings to a completely different standard than Dixon.

In any case, these recruits stallings is getting aren't going to get Pitt higher than mid tier acc, especially since he had more talent and vandy at times and ranked. I thought that the new coach would recruit better and get top 25 classes?
Not at all. I am just not a troll like u that is trying to lynch the new HC before coaching a game at Pitt.

"the recruits Stallings is getting". Are you talking about the Stallings that got the job less than 2 months ago and hasn't put a full class in the barn yet How can you possibly judge a guy either way on what has happened thus far?

Reactions: bobfree
"the recruits Stallings is getting". Are you talking about the Stallings that got the job less than 2 months ago and hasn't put a full class in the barn yet How can you possibly judge a guy either way on what has happened thus far?

Yeah, like that never happens on here...jeez...

Stallings is offering the same level of recruits as Dixon. Where are the 5 stars? Where are the one and domes? Where are the makings of a top 25 class?

That troll has to be a Hoopie or Nit stirring the pot.

Not at all. I am just not a troll like u that is trying to lynch the new HC before coaching a game at Pitt.

Once again, why are we not allowed to discuss stalling's previous record? You would have a pojnt if we hired Bryce Drew or someone from a lesser conference. I was even willing to give Haywood a chance while most were ready to run him out of town.

But Pitt hired a guy who has a long, mediocre track record. This is not an unknown...we know how he performs at a higher level unlike a drew or beard or keates. I would give all those guys the benefit of the doubt.

And again, you are being extremely disingenuous when you defend stallings constantly, but 3 months ago you would have been blasting Dixon, a guy with a far superior record not only overall, but recently as well, constantly.

You can't do that.

Once again, why are we not allowed to discuss stalling's previous record? You would have a pojnt if we hired Bryce Drew or someone from a lesser conference. I was even willing to give Haywood a chance while most were ready to run him out of town.

But Pitt hired a guy who has a long, mediocre track record. This is not an unknown...we know how he performs at a higher level unlike a drew or beard or keates. I would give all those guys the benefit of the doubt.

And again, you are being extremely disingenuous when you defend stallings constantly, but 3 months ago you would have been blasting Dixon, a guy with a far superior record not only overall, but recently as well, constantly.

You can't do that.
Haywood - are u referring to Freddy Krueger? LOL. Stallings has a far superior resume and a lot more credibility than that tool.

Haywood - are u referring to Freddy Krueger? LOL. Stallings has a far superior resume and a lot more credibility than that tool.

Stallings has a mediocre resume. We know what he has done at a high major level. Haywood...we had no clue.

The point obviously went over your head.

Stallings has a mediocre resume. We know what he has done at a high major level. Haywood...we had no clue.

The point obviously went over your head.
The point is you are a troll that wants to lynch Stallings before coaching his 1st game at Pitt. Go to the TCU board if you want to continue polishing JD's balls, or carry on at the PS or WV board where u belong.

Reactions: bobfree
The point is you are a troll that wants to lynch Stallings before coaching his 1st game at Pitt. Go to the TCU board if you want to continue polishing JD's balls, or carry on at the PS or WV board where u belong.

That's the best you've got?

He's only gotten one recruit....hard to tell anything from that.

He's only gotten one recruit....hard to tell anything from that.
If he came here with suitcases full of cash then next year might shed some light on his recruiting abilities. New league, new geographic area, new staff why don't we give him a few classes before you pass judgement . Now if he hits it out of the park look out.

Is that the best you got?

You know everything I have said is true. Deal with it.
Yes - I know Stallings is 0-0 at Pitt, and will be judged on how well his team performs. Pretty simple. Go back to the PS board.

The W/L say Stallings was mediocre at Vandy - but how much can you place on Stallings as a coach, how much was it the players he could attract? The SEC for all its football panache, is fairly pedestrian outside some good seasons by Donavan at Florida and Kentucky. Outside of those two, it's not an attractive hoops conference.
He has a great opportunity here to recruit players to compete in arguably the best perennial hoops conference. Time will tell if that makes a difference in his overall resume. Let him earn praise and criticism from alumni & fans for his recruiting, in-game coaching decisions. He doesn't get a full blown pass just because he is the new guy, but alumni and fans owe it to him and the players to let them build something successful that exceeds expectations.

Reactions: Banned Panther
The W/L say Stallings was mediocre at Vandy - but how much can you place on Stallings as a coach, how much was it the players he could attract? The SEC for all its football panache, is fairly pedestrian outside some good seasons by Donavan at Florida and Kentucky. Outside of those two, it's not an attractive hoops conference.
He has a great opportunity here to recruit players to compete in arguably the best perennial hoops conference. Time will tell if that makes a difference in his overall resume. Let him earn praise and criticism from alumni & fans for his recruiting, in-game coaching decisions. He doesn't get a full blown pass just because he is the new guy, but alumni and fans owe it to him and the players to let them build something successful that exceeds expectations.

He was under .500 in a conference that you deem (rightfully so) as weak. And he's supposed to be better in perhaps the toughest conference in the nation?

He was under .500 in a conference that you deem (rightfully so) as weak. And he's supposed to be better in perhaps the toughest conference in the nation?

You seem to be stuck in an endless loop of "I wish things were like they were last year". This is unhealthy.
Maybe have some peanut butter and put your feet up. Things are really not as bad as you fear (or hope?) they are.

You seem to be stuck in an endless loop of "I wish things were like they were last year". This is unhealthy.
Maybe have some peanut butter and put your feet up. Things are really not as bad as you fear (or hope?) they are.

No, they're pretty bad. Pitt replaced a coach that had an extremely high in conference winning percentage in the two toughest conferences with one who has been under .500 in one of the worst p5 conferences.

Reactions: mvk112
An actual fan who is willing to see what happens before making a judgment. It is too bad we don't have more.

What should Pitt have done differently? Have you been in attendance lately?

The fanbase shouldn't have tried to push Dixon out since 2009. Barnes should not have entertained the loud group of donors that wanted him gone. Barnes should not have meddled with Jamie.

An actual fan who is willing to see what happens before making a judgment. It is too bad we don't have more.

What should Pitt have done differently? Have you been in attendance lately?
Basketball ? No.
Football, road games only lately (my home games despite having season tickets )

Hire a coach on the upswing .

Basketball ? No.
Football, road games only lately (my home games despite having season tickets )

Hire a coach on the upswing .
There were about 3-4K less people in attendance per bball game on average. People were speaking with their wallet.

Who?

There were about 3-4K less people in attendance per bball game on average. People were speaking with their wallet.

Who?

That is the fans fault, not dixon's. If they are so spoiled that the only acceptable outcome is a top 15 team to get them to the Pete, that is a terrible fanbase.

There were 9439 for them purduecgame, and under 11k for Louisville and Syracuse. Pitt was 12-1 when they played gt and under 11k showed.

On the fans...not the coach.

That is the fans fault, not dixon's. If they are so spoiled that the only acceptable outcome is a top 15 team to get them to the Pete, that is a terrible fanbase.
I was not talking to you, but yet again you feel the need to interject.

What would you have done if you were the AD?

I was not talking to you, but yet again you feel the need to interject.

What would you have done if you were the AD?

I would have not listened to idiot fans and donors that didn't know what they were talking about, and I wouldn't have meddled with Dixon. I'm sure Dixon knew the last 4-5 years were a downturn, and I'm sure he wanted to get back to that level from before. He had been very successful, and didn't need an AD to tell him how to change.

I would not have offered a raise, but I don't think in this case that was even a remote consideration. I sure as hell though would have made sure not to piss off the most successful coach Pitt basketball ever had and give him reasons to leave.

I understand your point and concern - it's valid. I don't know that he will be better here or not. It was what it was at Vanderbilt, but it may not turn out like that here. I'll let them play the games before rendering my final opinion (not that it really counts for much).

There were 9439 for them purduecgame, and under 11k for Louisville and Syracuse. Pitt was 12-1 when they played gt and under 11k showed.

On the fans...not the coach.
So your running a business and college athletics is a business and it's a big business, the CEO or HC is making millions and your business is going south so blame the customer. You know what happens in the real world he's fired! There's a reason why people jumped on then off the bandwagon and blaming the fans is just wrong. Those fans bought their tickets with the expectations of seeing a top 10-15 team play. They weren't getting what they paid and left. Being 12-1 against their OOC schedule give me a break !

So your running a business and college athletics is a business and it's a big business, the CEO or HC is making millions and your business is going south so blame the customer. You know what happens in the real world he's fired! There's a reason why people jumped on then off the bandwagon and blaming the fans is just wrong. Those fans bought their tickets with the expectations of seeing a top 10-15 team play. They weren't getting what they paid and left. Being 12-1 against their OOC schedule give me a break !

And then they hired a new CEO was was about to be fired from his last gig for worse performance.

I'll continue to blame the fans, thanks.

And then they hired a new CEO was was about to be fired from his last gig for worse performance.

I'll continue to blame the fans, thanks.
Everyone knows that both of you hate ,which might not be a strong enough word , the going ons with the coaching situation at Pitt. Both of you aren't able to admit that the program had regressed to a .500 in conference team that had problems recruiting the players they targeted and needed to land in order to compete with the other top programs in the ACC to break out of this funk.
Blaming fans ( pg1980) because they don't wish to see your product wtf ! If you want to fill the Pete up then you need to give the fans a compelling reason to spend their money and time there and obviously they weren't . Maybe your satisfied with current level of performance ,but the marginal fan who fills up the Pete isn't. This is a Pitt bb problem not a fan problem. Your job ( Pitt ) is to make them want to be there .End of story.
Mvk , if JD wanted to stay he'd still be the coach , they didn't fire him or buy him out he left. Didn't they actually receive money from TCU? JD could have rebuffed any suggestions Barnes made and other than firing him and then having to pay him what , an additional 10 mil what could he have done ? Barnes couldn't afford to do that so the ball really was in Jamies court. Hiring KS wasn't the splash hire , but maybe he was the best coach who'd come here. He's Pitt coach for now ,we all know you don't like it. Put it to rest ,if your right ,and you should hope your wrong if your a true Pitt fan, you'll have plenty of time to hate. No one will forget your feelings!

Everyone knows that both of you hate ,which might not be a strong enough word , the going ons with the coaching situation at Pitt. Both of you aren't able to admit that the program had regressed to a .500 in conference team that had problems recruiting the players they targeted and needed to land in order to compete with the other top programs in the ACC to break out of this funk.
Blaming fans ( pg1980) because they don't wish to see your product wtf ! If you want to fill the Pete up then you need to give the fans a compelling reason to spend their money and time there and obviously they weren't . Maybe your satisfied with current level of performance ,but the marginal fan who fills up the Pete isn't. This is a Pitt bb problem not a fan problem. Your job ( Pitt ) is to make them want to be there .End of story.
Mvk , if JD wanted to stay he'd still be the coach , they didn't fire him or buy him out he left. Didn't they actually receive money from TCU? JD could have rebuffed any suggestions Barnes made and other than firing him and then having to pay him what , an additional 10 mil what could he have done ? Barnes couldn't afford to do that so the ball really was in Jamies court. Hiring KS wasn't the splash hire , but maybe he was the best coach who'd come here. He's Pitt coach for now ,we all know you don't like it. Put it to rest ,if your right ,and you should hope your wrong if your a true Pitt fan, you'll have plenty of time to hate. No one will forget your feelings!

Once again, Pitt was 40-32 the last 4 years in conference. One of the ongoing complaints form fans was poor non con games. We had top 10 Purdue here and had under 10k.

You are acting like the Pitt basketball product was horrible, when in reality it still was one of the best 30 or so programs, and still was always likely to make the tournament. if the fans didn't feel that was good enough, that is their fault.

Hopefully stallings proves me wrong, but the bar is a top 15 program. That is what Barnes, and the fanbase has set as the expectation judging by their complaining about Dixon, and the fans wanting him gone.

I doubt he will get there, and I don't think it is a realistic expectation. With that said, if they don't, Barnes should be canned immediately.

Once again, Pitt was 40-32 the last 4 years in conference. One of the ongoing complaints form fans was poor non con games. We had top 10 Purdue here and had under 10k.

You are acting like the Pitt basketball product was horrible, when in reality it still was one of the best 30 or so programs, and still was always likely to make the tournament. if the fans didn't feel that was good enough, that is their fault.

Hopefully stallings proves me wrong, but the bar is a top 15 program. That is what Barnes, and the fanbase has set as the expectation judging by their complaining about Dixon, and the fans wanting him gone.

I doubt he will get there, and I don't think it is a realistic expectation. With that said, if they don't, Barnes should be canned immediately.
I'm not defending Barnes , I was a fan of JD less now that he choose to leave , but your job is to raise revenue and one of your two revenue sports has been steadily seeing it's fan base ( attendance ) and revenue dwindle , your coach decided to leave rather than make any changes. Maybe Pitt will never consistently field teams in the top 10-15 range again in either Fb or bb ,if this becomes reality then all Barnes and KS need to do is to maintain the status quo to keep their jobs. If this level of performance is unacceptable to the big donors then they need to back it up with more cash or nothing will ever change.

I'm not defending Barnes , I was a fan of JD less now that he choose to leave , but your job is to raise revenue and one of your two revenue sports has been steadily seeing it's fan base ( attendance ) and revenue dwindle , your coach decided to leave rather than make any changes. Maybe Pitt will never consistently field teams in the top 10-15 range again in either Fb or bb ,if this becomes reality then all Barnes and KS need to do is to maintain the status quo to keep their jobs. If this level of performance is unacceptable to the big donors then they need to back it up with more cash or nothing will ever change.

Fair post, and I agree. I just think the fanbase has very unrealistic expectations if the only thing that satisfies them is a team that is always top ten or fifteen.

That's pretty unrealistic. No coach would want to stay if the AD told him to go elsewhere. (I doubt Barnes said that.) But telling a guy that he'd make it easy to go elsewhere is all JD needed to hear. That's why the situation turned so quickly after the WI loss. And who wants to work under those conditions? Barnes could sabotage JD's recruiting budget or anything else. Not worth the hassle, esp. if a decent job at his alma mater waswaiting. They agreed to disagree....but Barnes was the instigator. And having KS in his pocket meant saving more in salary than the $200K to Turner.
Anybody else take note of the uniforms being worked on by a Nashville outfit?? Coincidence?

Reactions: Pittguy1980
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT