ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Pitt VB thread

Pitt was losing the 2nd set, but scored the last 7 points to win the set.

Number 1 Stanford lost today in four sets to number 8 Washington. In looking at their schedule they have just played an eight game stretch against teams ranked (at the time of the game) 7, 3, 4, 8, 1, 12, 21 and 8. Yikes!

Baylor swept twice over unranked teams. I would guess they will be the new number one, which would be a program first. Nebraska would be the other possibility. They won a five setter on the road against number 20 and swept another match. They have the pedigree, maybe they sneak ahead of Baylor.

Then how far does Stanford fall? Below us? Washington may have gotten a big bump from beating Stanford, but they had already lost to Washington State earlier in the week.

Number 1 Stanford lost today in four sets to number 8 Washington. In looking at their schedule they have just played an eight game stretch against teams ranked (at the time of the game) 7, 3, 4, 8, 1, 12, 21 and 8. Yikes!

Baylor swept twice over unranked teams. I would guess they will be the new number one, which would be a program first. Nebraska would be the other possibility. They won a five setter on the road against number 20 and swept another match. They have the pedigree, maybe they sneak ahead of Baylor.

Then how far does Stanford fall? Below us? Washington may have gotten a big bump from beating Stanford, but they had already lost to Washington State earlier in the week.
I've watched both Stanford and Nebraska play multiple times this season. I have yet to see Baylor.

I don't think that I could honestly vote Pitt over Stanford or Nebraska...yet. Both teams are solid.

Baylor number one for the first time in school history.

Last week the points for the top five were: 1540, 1489, 1460, 1391, 1266

Points this week: 1587, 1477, 1420, 1404, 1290

So we gained on both second and third.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Super panthers up 2-0 against FSU. Ass kicking first match of 25–15 but in the second match they needed a 5-0 run at the end of the game to win 26-24. Just looking at the box score but 9 hitting errors in the second match probably had something to do with the tight score.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Top teams losing this week: #2, 5, 8, 11, 12

Louisville is 4-0 and should move back into the top 25 tomorrow.

Pitt travels to Syracuse (4-7, 1-3) and BC (13-4, 4-0) next weekend.
chance we move up to #3 or does the B1G mojo hold?

Things get interesting now. Pitt, Louisville, Notre Dame, and BC all 5-0. FSU 4-1. Notre Dame was ARV in the poll this week. Pitt plays @BC tomorrow, @ND 10/25 and @UL 10/27.

OOC opponent Cal Poly beat #19 Hawaii last night. They're now 12-5, ~47 RPI.

It would be nice if they keep winning, because while that Oregon win looked really good at the time they are now 5-9 and sinking like a rock.

While the Oregon win doesn't look so good now, they beat Utah, Penn State at nitterland and FSU away. Their schedule this year was more formidable that last year by a lot. The ACC is improving but no team is in Pitt's class.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
It is, but partly because of the conference it still isn't as good as most of the other top teams.

Last year, Pepperdine, Cincy, and South Carolina all had at-large bids. Cal Poly won the Big West.

It looks like teams trade participation in the early season tournaments, so it's probably a bit of a challenge to predict how much sustained success certain teams may have.

Pitt vs BC is on ATT Sportsnet right now.

Pitt up 2-0 and are trailing 20-19 in 3rd set.

Probably not one of their best games but they more than got the job done.Its a shame we had to miss most of the first set due to the first game going long.

After knocking off Miami earlier in the week, UNC upsets FSU 3-2. Winners of 4 in a row, the Heels are coming on strong and Pitt has them Friday in the Fitz.

Reactions: singregardless
After knocking off Miami earlier in the week, UNC upsets FSU 3-2. Winners of 4 in a row, the Heels are coming on strong and Pitt has them Friday in the Fitz.
That could be a better game than we originally thought.Its a shame the football game has to be Friday too.I guess we can check out Sundays game live.

UL beat ND. Only Pitt and UL remain undefeated in ACC.
I watched the ND vs UL match. ND won the first set. In the 2nd set, UL's best player was lost to a knee injury. ND won the 2nd set to go up 2-0.

From that point on, UL smoked ND to win the match, 3-2.

UL is a very young team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT