ADVERTISEMENT

4 Best Teams

DiehardPanther

Heisman Winner
Apr 26, 2017
Clemson, OU, UGA, Bama

- OSU will get blasted by Clemson just like they did the last time they played.

No. So wring. Alabama is the 3rd best team in it's conference and does not deserve place in the playoffs over Ohio state or USC.
It that happens it is the second year in a row a conference champ is left out over a 3rd place team.
That's bull and bias. Why don't we just call the sec championship game the national championship game.

No. So wring. Alabama is the 3rd best team in it's conference and does not deserve place in the playoffs over Ohio state or USC.
It that happens it is the second year in a row a conference champ is left out over a 3rd place team.
That's bull and bias. Why don't we just call the sec championship game the national championship game.
USC, they lost to ND by 35 and struggled to beat some pretty below average Western Michigan, Texas, Utah, Cal, and UCLA teams.

OSU lost by 31 and gave up 55 to Iowa.

Why is being the best team in a bad conference more impressive than being a very good team in the best conference? If they don't want the 4 best teams and want the 4 best conference champs, just change the criteria. Of course that would have left OSU at home last year.

Reactions: TXPittFan84
Too bad! If these teams continue to play junk schedules, That’s what they deserve.

If that is the criteria. Then undefeated, conference champ UCF should be in the playoffs.

Whatever happens is going to cause a Sh!tstorm.

I love CFB.

It's GARBAGE, as long as OPINION about who is "best team" is a factor it will always SUCK, need to get the conference champs in it or it's never legit. Who cares if Bama is the "best team" there should be consequences for not being able to win your own conference.

If that is the criteria. Then undefeated, conference champ UCF should be in the playoffs.

They should be, it should be 8 teams, the 5 P5 champs, the best non-P5 champ and two conference LOSER wild cards, then finally the playoff would be legit.

Last edited:
They should be, it should be 8 teams, the 5 P5 chamos, the best non-P5 champ and two conference LOSER wild cards, then finally the playoff would be legit.
The Non-P5 champ will still get left out of an 8 Team Playoff.

It's GARBAGE, as long as OPINION about who is "best team" is a factor it will always SUCK, need to get the conference champs in it or it's never legit. Who cares if Bama is the "best team" there should be consequences for not being able to win your own conference.
It’s great.
Every P5 team plus ND is in the playoffs it’s called don’t lose.

Who gives a sh!t about UCF.

What scenario isn’t going to at the end of the day result in opinion.

Don’t lose it’s case Closed.

Then why have conferences? It's clear the best football is down south in the SEC and ACC. Those conferences shouldn't be penalized for having the best athletes and teams and paying the bills for everyone (save 3 B1G schools) else in the country. Otherwise they will just leave and do things on their own.

Reactions: pbrad
Apparently Alabama is team #4.

Price skyrocketed to -400 on them getting in then wager was taken off the board shortly thereafter.

Wrong.

What do the bookies say? I'll answer for you.

If OSU played Clemson they are double digit dogs

Bama??

2 point dog to a pick em.

You have to factor all the injuries Bama had this year, and will those guys be healthy for the playoffs.

Then why have conferences? It's clear the best football is down south in the SEC and ACC. Those conferences shouldn't be penalized for having the best athletes and teams and paying the bills for everyone (save 3 B1G schools) else in the country. Otherwise they will just leave and do things on their own.
It would be better if they left and had a separate championship, then maybe someday, Pitt might compete for something. Every other sport's playoff system includes teams from everywhere and otten leaves better teams out and that's how it should be. The way you talk about it, I assume you'd like March madness better if they just selected 4 teams every year and Duke, Kentucky and UNC always get in. Why risk a lesser team upsetting one of the blue bloods that we will be upset about their absence? I have known people who get upset about March Madness upsets, and then think about how I think that's the best feature of it, someone like Duke or Kentucky going down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pittx9 and Loman909
Agreed. That would produce a much better product and ooc games.
At that point, if you go 8 teams and each conference champ is then, I'd feel like it's a legit championship won totally on the field and with little popularity contest aspect to it.

Reactions: Mikefln
At that point, if you go 8 teams and each conference champ is then, I'd feel like it's a legit championship won totally on the field and with little popularity contest aspect to it.
But most don't care or agree. The power programs definitely don't.

It’s supposed to get the 4 best teams. Not a collection of conference champs. The committee got it right-and everyone knows it.

One loss Bama is the “3rd best team” in the SEC? LMAO

Reactions: Jpripper88
But most don't care or agree. The power programs definitely don't.
Then it's not a legit sport. You have 130 D1 teams and on day one of the season, before any games are played about 110 are already eliminated from contention, so why bother? Change the structure, have a Superleague with the 20-25 programs that are ALLOWED to be considered and the rest can have a tournament.

Then it's not a legit sport. You have 130 D1 teams and on day one of the season, before any games are played about 110 are already eliminated from contention, so why bother? Change the structure, have a Superleague with the 20-25 programs that are ALLOWED to be considered and the rest can have a tournament.
No, it is a legit sport. You just don't watch or follow the sport. Teams have certainly come into the year outside of the top 25 and made runs to the top 4.

You should just follow D2.

You do realize that less than half the teams have had a chance to win the national title for as long as anyone on here has been watching college football. Correct?

It’s great stop the whining and enjoy it.
Way better than the National Felon League ...

They got it right, the 4 best teams.
What else do you want your shoes shined?

Too bad! If these teams continue to play junk schedules, That’s what they deserve.

Bama played a junk schedule losing to the only good team they faced

But for some reason that doesn't count because they are Bama

More DESERVING (note not better but DESERVING) teams than Bama

In order

UCF 0 losses
USC
the (lol at the THE) Ohio St

yep it comes up every year. the committee is not given the task of the four most deserving teams. maybe they should but they're not. they're given the task of the four best.

I think they got it right.

yep it comes up every year. the committee is not given the task of the four most deserving teams. maybe they should but they're not. they're given the task of the four best.

I think they got it right.

This committee should be charged with picking the Heisman Trophy winner, too.

It’s great stop the whining and enjoy it.
Way better than the National Felon League ...

They got it right, the 4 best teams.
What else do you want your shoes shined?
Not even close, NFL every team has an actual chance to win, and the path is win your division and you're in, whoever wins it is a legit champ and none of it is based on opinion.

Not even close, NFL every team has an actual chance to win, and the path is win your division and you're in, whoever wins it is a legit champ and none of it is based on opinion.

And if you read these boards there is only two or three good teams in college football yet teams still get criticized for not playing anybody

And if you read these boards there is only two or three good teams in college football yet teams still get criticized for not playing anybody

So what, 2 or 3, that doesn't mean more shouldn't be in the mix. Some of the greatest moments in history are when a crappy team rises up out of nowhere and ends up champion.

It would be better if they left and had a separate championship, then maybe someday, Pitt might compete for something. Every other sport's playoff system includes teams from everywhere and otten leaves better teams out and that's how it should be. The way you talk about it, I assume you'd like March madness better if they just selected 4 teams every year and Duke, Kentucky and UNC always get in. Why risk a lesser team upsetting one of the blue bloods that we will be upset about their absence? I have known people who get upset about March Madness upsets, and then think about how I think that's the best feature of it, someone like Duke or Kentucky going down.
I'd prefer pitt just won at this level, but I agree about march madness. Unless it is actually your team losing, who doesn't want to see upsets?

I'd prefer pitt just won at this level, but I agree about march madness. Unless it is actually your team losing, who doesn't want to see upsets?
Seems like a lot of CFB fans don't want to see upsets IMO. They seem to want the same few teams there every time and don't really like the idea of an underdog gaining entry to the playoff by coming out of nowhere with a few losses and pulling a huge upset in a championship game. Like if we did get an 8 team playoff with all conference champs in, and lets say someone like Pitt won their division at 8-4 and pulled a huge upset in the ACCCG, some of these people would want a provision to replace them with someone like a "best team" that finished 3rd in the SEC. Just saying? I see a lot of that attitude, to nullify sports greatest moments,

Reactions: Pittx9
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT