ADVERTISEMENT

4 Best Teams

Seems like a lot of CFB fans don't want to see upsets IMO. They seem to want the same few teams there every time and don't really like the idea of an underdog gaining entry to the playoff by coming out of nowhere with a few losses and pulling a huge upset in a championship game. Like if we did get an 8 team playoff with all conference champs in, and lets say someone like Pitt won their division at 8-4 and pulled a huge upset in the ACCCG, some of these people would want a provision to replace them with someone like a "best team" that finished 3rd in the SEC. Just saying? I see a lot of that attitude, to nullify sports greatest moments,

How many times do we hear it is not how you start but how you finish? The current structure takes away from that. Using your example that 8-4 team may have stumbled out of the gate and now it's firing on all cylinders. We never get to see that. 2nd there is a month layover between conference championship and the playoffs, that is an absurd way of determining your champ.

How many times do we hear it is not how you start but how you finish? The current structure takes away from that. Using your example that 8-4 team may have stumbled out of the gate and now it's firing on all cylinders. We never get to see that. 2nd there is a month layover between conference championship and the playoffs, that is an absurd way of determining your champ.

Exactly, and why can't there be room for BEST TEAMS subjectively judged and then some teams that earned the spot by winning big, high pressure, do or die games on the field? An 8-4 team, that beat a 12-0 team in a do or die title game does not suck. I like to sometimes see the underdog get the chance to challenge Goliath. Choosing 4 Goliaths gets to be boring IMO.

Exactly, and why can't there be room for BEST TEAMS subjectively judged and then some teams that earned the spot by winning big, high pressure, do or die games on the field? An 8-4 team, that beat a 12-0 team in a do or die title game does not suck. I like to sometimes see the underdog get the chance to challenge Goliath. Choosing 4 Goliaths gets to be boring IMO.
so give us your final 4...

so give us your final 4...

The playoff should be...

Champs: tOSU, Clemson, Oklahoma, USC, Georgia

Wild Cards: Alabama, Wisconsin, UCF

This would make it seem like it's not just a TV ratings beauty contest.

Reactions: PantherO
Seems like a lot of CFB fans don't want to see upsets IMO. They seem to want the same few teams there every time and don't really like the idea of an underdog gaining entry to the playoff by coming out of nowhere with a few losses and pulling a huge upset in a championship game. Like if we did get an 8 team playoff with all conference champs in, and lets say someone like Pitt won their division at 8-4 and pulled a huge upset in the ACCCG, some of these people would want a provision to replace them with someone like a "best team" that finished 3rd in the SEC. Just saying? I see a lot of that attitude, to nullify sports greatest moments,
I love the upsets. And really, I don't care how good you were all season, if someone comes along and beats you in the playoffs, so be it. I mean as it is now, bama lost one tough game to a good game and some people wanted them to be done? In the NFL playoffs it was great to see great colts teams lose, the 16-0 pats fall short, that's part of winning a championship. I guess some people prefer just handing the championship to the best regular season team like the old days where you won it and losing your bowl game afterwards didn't even factor into it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT