ADVERTISEMENT

5 Alabama players test positive

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
If this were to happen during the season and they follow CDC guidelines which state that all close contacts have to be quarantined for 14 days, what the heck happens? Do they forfeit 2 games? Play with walk-ons? Its undoubtedly going to happen, so what do you do?

This will be an ongoing problem going forward. I have no clue what the real answer is but just take it day by day and we shall see. HTP!

This is an easy one. They will simply not test anyone remotely related to the football team.
Can't do that there will be guidelines and we live in a world with so much accountability now. Lawsuits etc

There was another team (I think a big12 team) that had one or 2 as well. That is why they are bringing them back now. I think the potential issue is do you isolate these kids all season long because really if they are hanging out in dorms and off campus housing there is going to be more cases. And if let's say Lawrence from Clemson tests positive but is feeling well, is clemson going to quarantine him for 2 weeks or just hide it and hope no one can trace it back?

Reactions: MajorMajors
And when the older coaches with preexisting conditions get it then what? Didn't think that one through did you.

Oh I guess you got me. I suppose the NCAA, NFL, etc will just forfeit tens of billions of dollars because Middle Tennessee State’s special team’s coach might get sick. People have been protesting stay at home orders because it infringes on their right to go out to dinner for God’s sake. PSU looked the other way while their coach molested children. Hell it seems like the entire BIG 10 has had a molestation scandal. Do you really think that the possibility of a lawsuit is going to keep these schools from playing football?!? But I guess YOU didn’t think that through anonymous internet guy.

Oh I guess you got me. I suppose the NCAA, NFL, etc will just forfeit tens of billions of dollars because Middle Tennessee State’s special team’s coach might get sick. People have been protesting stay at home orders because it infringes on their right to go out to dinner for God’s sake. PSU looked the other way while their coach molested children. Hell it seems like the entire BIG 10 has had a molestation scandal. Do you really think that the possibility of a lawsuit is going to keep these schools from playing football?!? But I guess YOU didn’t think that through anonymous internet guy.

Don't put words in my mouth. Jump to conclusions often?

Let's say a coach gets covid and pursues a lawsuit.

Whom does he sue?

Is he being forced to coach?

How does he prove he got it from a player or member of the team?

Youth, hs, college, and pro sports are not forced upon society. You have a choice to participate or not.

If this were to happen during the season and they follow CDC guidelines which state that all close contacts have to be quarantined for 14 days, what the heck happens? Do they forfeit 2 games? Play with walk-ons? Its undoubtedly going to happen, so what do you do?

Alabama is crazy. We live here now. You can’t get tested still and no one is wearing masks here. They literally are just hillbilly a-holes that don’t care about anyone but themselves

Alabama is likely holding team practices confined to a tennis court so the whole team tests positive now. There will be absolutely nothing that stops football from playing in the fall. These schools need football to keep their whole athletic departments from going under.

Reactions: Las Panteras
With testing, there is no need for a quarantine period.

Forcibly Subjecting 19 y/o student athletes to a contagion which is potentially fatal, has no cure, no meaningful protection and little effective treatment is PATHETIC and borderline criminal. Full stop!!!!!!!!!!!

Alabama is crazy. We live here now. You can’t get tested still and no one is wearing masks here. They literally are just hillbilly a-holes that don’t care about anyone but themselves

Whiny little Rust Belt mentality liberal a-holes like you are exactly the reason why a dipshit like Trump won in 2016 and is favored to win again in 2020.

Half the people in this country do not hold the same opinion as you do on the mask issue, just hide in your safe space for the foreseeable future and you should be fine.

Reactions: Parkview57
I think they'd just plug in five more 5* kids if I had to guess.

Whiny little Rust Belt mentality liberal a-holes like you are exactly the reason why a dipshit like Trump won in 2016 and is favored to win again in 2020.

Half the people in this country do not hold the same opinion as you do on the mask issue, just hide in your safe space for the foreseeable future and you should be fine.
I simply took him as presenting an anecdote from living in Alabama
Nothing more or less
Didn’t seem a liberal viewpoint as the virus doesn’t care about your political beliefs ,
Hence it now surging in new places like Arizona

Every one of the players tested positive among Auburn, Bama, Oklahoma St, etc were asymptomatic.
It’s likely the whole Pitt football team will get it and unless we test, we won’t be able to tell the difference.
Don’t think they’ll cancel the season over this.
Hell the Flu has done worse to players (like the Ohio QB this past year).

Let's say a coach gets covid and pursues a lawsuit.

Whom does he sue?

Is he being forced to coach?

How does he prove he got it from a player or member of the team?

Youth, hs, college, and pro sports are not forced upon society. You have a choice to participate or not.

many states are starting the contact tracing. if teams have an outbreak, you can tell where it came from.

if so, the lawyers will order investigations into the use of proper safety precautions being used or not. so the school says, "we've followed best practices....yada yada." but holes can and would be blown through that if not.

you couldn't pay me to live there. i know some people who work at the nasa facility down there but they don't much venture out of that little bubble.

many states are starting the contact tracing. if teams have an outbreak, you can tell where it came from.

if so, the lawyers will order investigations into the use of proper safety precautions being used or not. so the school says, "we've followed best practices....yada yada." but holes can and would be blown through that if not.

you couldn't pay me to live there. i know some people who work at the nasa facility down there but they don't much venture out of that little bubble.

Well a Southern man don't need you around anyhow!!...

Well a Southern man don't need you around anyhow!!...

looks awesome.

#49 out of 50
Overall Rank

Rankings
Health Care #46
Education #50
Economy #45
Infrastructure #38
Opportunity #45
Fiscal Stability #23
Crime & Corrections #45
Natural Environment #35

Reactions: Skip74

what do you mean? It’s science. Mask helps stop spreading the virus. Are you saying half the people in the country are dumb as a pile of dirt? From your stupid response I can see that.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty

This is the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever read.

Employers in PA are protected from lawsuits from employees sustaining on the job injuries or illnesses by Workman's comp laws.
They would be entitled to Workman's comp benefits, and that's it.

I imagine they'd try to get the student athletes to sign some kind of waiver where they acknowledge the risk and perhaps hold the school blameless if they follow the guidelines.

That's what the kids participating in travel ball tournaments are asked to do.

Just starting contact tracing? WTH. Contact tracing is one of the first things to do in an infectious disease outbreak. What have the public health authorities been doing these last few months?

Just starting contact tracing? WTH. Contact tracing is one of the first things to do in an infectious disease outbreak. What have the public health authorities been doing these last few months?

have you just emerged from a 4 month coma?

Employers in PA are protected from lawsuits from employees sustaining on the job injuries or illnesses by Workman's comp laws.
They would be entitled to Workman's comp benefits, and that's it.

I imagine they'd try to get the student athletes to sign some kind of waiver where they acknowledge the risk and perhaps hold the school blameless if they follow the guidelines.

That's what the kids participating in travel ball tournaments are asked to do.

i'm no employment lawyer. but kids in travel games aren't student-athletes or employee staff. at least not in my opinion.

have you just emerged from a 4 month coma?
No coma here. I live in a country with zero active cases and I'm going to professional rugby in person on Saturday night. We have been scanning QR codes for weeks at merchants, work, public places etc. Many employers are keeping attendance records through wifi sign-ins.

Just questioning your post (that I quoted) that said "many states are starting the contact tracing". They should have been contact tracing from the very beginning, and I would be shocked if they weren't. Did you just mistype that? Or have many states actually not been contact tracing during a pandemic?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT