ADVERTISEMENT

Acc conspiracy thread

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
I hope this makes it to message board geniuses so I can national acclaim, and perhaps I’ve overindulged in the spirits tonight, but is it possible that ESPN and their brethren are involved in a massive conspiracy to devalue the ACC brand to cyphon off the most valueable programs to the “Big 2” for football and that’s why there is such a push to say the ACC sucks in hoops too? Get UNC mad enough, get FSU mad enough, Clemson mad enough… etc etc…

Yes answers only

I hope this makes it to message board geniuses so I can national acclaim, and perhaps I’ve overindulged in the spirits tonight, but is it possible that ESPN and their brethren are involved in a massive conspiracy to devalue the ACC brand to cyphon off the most valueable programs to the “Big 2” for football and that’s why there is such a push to say the ACC sucks in hoops too? Get UNC mad enough, get FSU mad enough, Clemson mad enough… etc etc…

Yes answers only
Glad you followed through on the post! The national metric geniuses will tell you that the regular season metrics never support the ACC. Of course once the post season starts the metrics are somehow out the window. How many years does this has to happen in a row before it is at least a reasonable suspicion that what you suggest is true?

Yes answers only
Weren't you just disparaging the ACC and SMF for claiming the MWC and SEC were overrated on Wednesday, post-UVA, gym teacher?

Weren't you just disparaging the ACC and SMF for claiming the MWC and SEC were overrated on Wednesday, post-UVA, gym teacher?
Why do you keep calling me gym teacher? It’s so weird?

You obviously know who I am, yet have no idea what my job is lol.

Shockingly, I have absolutely no idea who you are, as I’m sure almost no one else in the world does.

Unfortunately for you, I don’t put much stock into single game tournament results. It’s mostly random. However, the bids could be some sort of grand conspiracy, loser

Yes answers only
I am with you on this.

Yes answers only

No. You'd think the opposite as they have really cheap programming in the ACC. I do wonder why they allow an extremely influential employee bash their business partner. Like, honestly, he should have been suspended by ESPN for his unprofessional, unprovoked reply to Pitt's "tournament resume" post.

Definitely makes more sense than anything else. Prompted not by the results in the tournament, however. Just my superior drunk brain
But the drunk brain is when we are at our most intelligent. Yes, the alcohol affects our brains but it also removes us thinking about meaningless things like work, money, and family to focus on the really important things like sports. And with this ultra focus we see things with the purist clarity.

It is without doubt that the effort to downplay the ACC is a salvo to start poisoning the sports world that the most worthy competitor to the new Communistic SEC/B1G is the ACC. So it must be brought down so ESPN and Fox started saying how much the ACC stinks. However a couple of darling properties like UNC and Clemson are still playing. And how else did Clemson get in over us? Florida State could not have been picked for the tourney because of the uproar of their CFP snub so too much attention could not be given to them.

And if you don’t think the whole Kenny Pickett trade is tied to this conspiracy well then you have another think coming. The long game really started with James Conner in poisoning the fandom and media against Pitt. And the Commie Conference were heavily involved in the hiring of Duzz to piss off the media and the firing of Dixon and hiring of Stallings and Capel who also pisses off the media. Then the Steelers intentionally drafted Pickett to be the sacrificial lamb for the final straw to have Pittsburgh fandom and media hate Pitt more than even potholes and small fish sandwiches.

I don’t think Pickett was actually ann insider but just an innocent victim. However it is amazing how his every move seemed to play into the whole Hate Pitt Operation. Even the act of eating pizza after Russell Wilson was signed seems so vile a move that it had to have been planned.

So fast forward how do you make it worse? Capel messed up and actually had his team in contention but how do you destroy that so they don’t get into the NCAA? You have bid stealers. And what bid stealers would be more devastating to Pitt than Duquesne? This is just such an incredibly complex operation it’s almost hard to believe.

When will it be over?

It will be over the moment when Pitt erects a statue of Joe Paterno in the front yard of Soldiers and Sailors to honor him as he should be.

Insider I am glad you came forward with this conspiracy.

But the drunk brain is when we are at our most intelligent. Yes, the alcohol affects our brains but it also removes us thinking about meaningless things like work, money, and family to focus on the really important things like sports. And with this ultra focus we see things with the purist clarity.

It is without doubt that the effort to downplay the ACC is a salvo to start poisoning the sports world that the most worthy competitor to the new Communistic SEC/B1G is the ACC. So it must be brought down so ESPN and Fox started saying how much the ACC stinks. However a couple of darling properties like UNC and Clemson are still playing. And how else did Clemson get in over us? Florida State could not have been picked for the tourney because of the uproar of their CFP snub so too much attention could not be given to them.

And if you don’t think the whole Kenny Pickett trade is tied to this conspiracy well then you have another think coming. The long game really started with James Conner in poisoning the fandom and media against Pitt. And the Commie Conference were heavily involved in the hiring of Duzz to piss off the media and the firing of Dixon and hiring of Stallings and Capel who also pisses off the media. Then the Steelers intentionally drafted Pickett to be the sacrificial lamb for the final straw to have Pittsburgh fandom and media hate Pitt more than even potholes and small fish sandwiches.

I don’t think Pickett was actually ann insider but just an innocent victim. However it is amazing how his every move seemed to play into the whole Hate Pitt Operation. Even the act of eating pizza after Russell Wilson was signed seems so vile a move that it had to have been planned.

So fast forward how do you make it worse? Capel messed up and actually had his team in contention but how do you destroy that so they don’t get into the NCAA? You have bid stealers. And what bid stealers would be more devastating to Pitt than Duquesne? This is just such an incredibly complex operation it’s almost hard to believe.

When will it be over?

It will be over the moment when Pitt erects a statue of Joe Paterno in the front yard of Soldiers and Sailors to honor him as he should be.

Hahaha I enjoyed this thoroughly

Yes answers only
Absolutely! The networks have gone out of their way to pump up the sec and big pretend in both fb and hoops at the expense of the ACC. The networks together with the Big Pretend alum/ writers who vote in the polls have been involved in a concerted effort to kill the Big 12 and, in particular, the ACC because there are a handful of ACC schools the 2 big conferences want. And the strategy is working….the more disrespect heaped on the ACC by the FB playoff and ncaa BB tournament committees, the more discontent is fomented among the ACC membership. If I were the ACC, I’d bring an antitrust action against the big 2 conferences asap….clearest example of a section 2 Sherman Act attempt to monopolize case I have ever seen.

When will it be over?

No conspiracy as regards Pickett and the Steelers, the Steelers are just a cheap, poorly run organization with a clown as a HC and an owner who thinks he’s running a charitable organ. Operated for the enjoyment of yinzers and ups branch campus dummies everywhere.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
No conspiracy as regards Pickett and the Steelers, the Steelers are just a cheap, poorly run organization with a clown as a HC and an owner who thinks he’s running a charitable organ. Operated for the enjoyment of yinzers and ups branch campus dummies everywhere.
I see they already got to you.

When will it be over?

Somewhere within this post should include Lebron James and Keith Dambrot. The wheels were set in motion years ago. We should research flight logs in and out if Akron. There’s a smoking gun somewhere.

Somewhere within this post should include Lebron James and Keith Dambrot. The wheels were set in motion years ago. We should research flight logs in and out if Akron. There’s a smoking gun somewhere.
Listen that is whole Illuminati level type stuff right there. And also I am very fearful of naming his LBJ-ness in anything for fear of losing my life.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Glad you followed through on the post! The national metric geniuses will tell you that the regular season metrics never support the ACC. Of course once the post season starts the metrics are somehow out the window. How many years does this has to happen in a row before it is at least a reasonable suspicion that what you suggest is true?

The committee and CBS loves when a "power" conference team loses to a Jabrony U. Obviously, the ACC has committed the sin of winning too much in the tournament.

Unfortunately they are stuck in this cycle until they start getting embarrassed in tournament annually like the B1G.

Reactions: gary2 and Dewey Eye
The committee and CBS loves when a "power" conference team loses to a Jabrony U. Obviously, the ACC has committed the sin of winning too much in the tournament.

Unfortunately they are stuck in this cycle until they start getting embarrassed in tournament annually like the B1G.
This is like voting for a politician in spite of yourself and your own self interests though and I don’t understand it. Everyone loves an upset, until the next round when that team plays again and tv ratings are down. It happens every year.

I see they already got to you.
No….I just know that a HC who has won 2 playoff games in 12 years and who repeatedly drafts head cases, and then coddles them, and flops in the area of first round picks pretty much across the board is a big waste. The proof of the foregoing was there long before the Steelers drafted Pickett who like a lot of guys Tomlin drafted in the first round probably wasn’t a first round quality pick to begin with…..however we may never know given the lousy personnel and coaches with whom Pickett was saddled.

Yes answers only
If true they are good at it!

The counter suits are a good diversion and meant to confuse!

The basketball version of the SEC isn't exactly having a great tournament either so far.

Yes answers only
What’s even crazier is that anyone even listens to that fat little troll LuNerdi who has never played a sport in his life and sits in his Mom’s basement espousing the merits of the Mountain West conference. Incredible that he has built a National brand around his absolute nonsense.

What’s even crazier is that anyone even listens to that fat little troll LuNerdi who has never played a sport in his life and sits in his Mom’s basement espousing the merits of the Mountain West conference. Incredible that he has built a National brand around his absolute nonsense.
His mom brings him endless plates of spaghetti to the basement. One day his fat little face is going to explode like a huge zit!!

I buy it, but....

About 3 years ago it was SEC basketball being just as undervalued as the current ACC.

They did go 3-3. Not nearly as bad as the SEC and would’ve been 4-2 if not for an epic collapse from Nevada. Probably shouldn’t have gotten 6 but far from the least embarrassing conference imo.

Yes answers only

That's exactly what they are doing.

They did go 3-3. Not nearly as bad as the SEC and would’ve been 4-2 if not for an epic collapse from Nevada. Probably shouldn’t have gotten 6 but far from the least embarrassing conference imo.

3-4. Wins by Colorado State, San Diego State and Utah State. Losses by Boise, Colorado State, New Mexico and Nevada.

Oddly enough, if the higher seeded team won every Mountain West game, their record right now would be, wait for it, 3-4.

Imagine that.

The OP thought has definitely crossed my mind. ESPN is certainly not lifting any fingers to help out a conference they have such a big steak in. The question is why?

The OP thought has definitely crossed my mind. ESPN is certainly not lifting any fingers to help out a conference they have such a big steak in. The question is why?
Because they just bought a bigger stock in the SEC and football is the driver and Clemson and FSU are valuable properties they could place in the SEC

Reactions: RoguePanther
Pitt scheduled better teams
Pitt won more games
Pitt recruited better players.

The end.
Our program was a mess when Capel first got here. I questioned some of the things that happened earlier in his tenure, but he’s done a good job the last 2 years and has the program moving in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT