ADVERTISEMENT

ACC getting sh*t on nationally thx to UVA

And UVA has now lost to two 13 seeds and a 10 seed since 2019 so what’s new?

Last edited:
I
Their schedule was pretty easy conference wise … AND their metrics sucked and they weren’t the 3rd best team in the league

But it still isn’t a good luck and that’s why Capel needs a team that can win both early AND late in the season so we don’t keep having a bubble resume in a shitty league
Who here doesn't think that Pitt would've given CSU a better fight? UVA was pathetic down the stretch
No doubt they would have. I will stop short of saying Pitt would have won that game though after watching CSU’s 2 bigs just bullying the hell out of UVA’s sorry front court. Pitts bigs aren’t much better than UVAs, and they’re every bit as soft.

I

No doubt they would have. I will stop short of saying Pitt would have won that game though after watching CSU’s 2 bigs just bullying the hell out of UVA’s sorry front court. Pitts bigs aren’t much better than UVAs, and they’re every bit as soft.
That's why I said "fight". Hard to know whether Pitt would beat CSU, but it wouldn't have been a 25 pt loss. If memory serves we barely escaped Dayton last year with some late game heroics

I couldn't have less of an idea of what this means. I mentioned his name zero times in the post about how UVA had an obviously better resume. It isn't an opinion.

Arguing who is the better team is completely different than who has the better resume.

BTW, 1/6. Will be 1/7 next year. I before E
If they make the tournament next year, will you stop posting? I need something to look forward to.

These perceptions never last.

I mean, part of the problem is that the ACC does suck lately. But Virginia fell apart at the end, also. Let's hope Clemson dusts New Mexico.
Let’s not. I hope for and expect Clemson to be one and done.

I don't know if this will go through at work but yikes. TB may retire, per sources.
Ive got a job for Bennett coaching my team any time he wants it.

Great coach, career-bad roster. It’s that simple.

1) This year's team is too reliant on the 3 to go far in March. And they simply don't have the bigs to match up with a lot of the better teams.
Better teams? Hell they don’t have the bigs to match up with a lot of the lesser teams. See CSU last night for example.

Reactions: TD_6082
Bullshit

Pitt doesn’t get blown out like that
That's irrelevant. Just because Virginia didn't deserve a bid, doesn't necessarily mean Pitt did.

Every first round game isn't necessarily a referendum on the selection committee. When Pitt was blown out in a the first round by Wichita State, in what I believe was an 8/9 game, does that mean Pitt was seeded to high?

That Pitt team was 24-8 and had some nice wins over top 25 teams.

That's irrelevant. Just because Virginia didn't deserve a bid, doesn't necessarily mean Pitt did.

You can make a reasonable case for other teams over Pitt. You cannot make one for Virginia. Their overall schedules were very similar when you factor in UVa's ACC SOS was very weak. And Pitt has better wins, better, metrics, and a head to head.

• Haha
Reactions: TD_6082
Alexa - define irony.

You literally told me to stop cherry picking stats, yet you are doing exactly that.

Just because the ACC obviously sucked doesn't mean those efficiency stats against non tournament teams mean more.
Geez - You are one angry gym teacher.

Anyone that watches a lot of college basketball and doesn't think that Pitt was at least playing like an 8/9 seed for the past two months simply doesn't know what they are watching. UVA got blown out plenty of times in the "pathetic" ACC and undeservingly hobbled onto the brackets. One loss does nothing to tarnish the leagues weak reputation espoused upon it by Big Pretend mouth pieces despite it continuously being repeated by small time mouth breathers. Those that watch the game professionally know that top to bottom, the ACC is as good as any by March. Not every year and maybe not this year, but most.

Last edited:
You are one angry gym teacher.
No idea what that means. Best day of the year. Couldn't be less angry

As if being a gym teacher is an insult. I wish I would've become a gym teacher. I'd kill for summers' off, despite the paycut. What an odd thing to say.

Last edited:
Goodman hates all Pittsburgh sports teams and this is nothing new. Steelers, Penguins, all of them. He's a Boston guy and this has been going on for decades, probably since the days Lemieux smashed Boston twice in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
I vaguely remember that he either didn't like Jamie Dixon, or he liked Dixon and didn't like the way Pitt forced him out. My memory isn't so good as I get older.

Nah. Definitely not cheering for it to happen. I say that when people attack me for even questioning it because it obviously infuriates them further that I think Pitt Basketball can be better than 1 tournament in 6 years. Would love to be wrong. I barely even watched last night I had so little interest in the games and my -2.5 CSU was locked up the second SMF posted the other way.

I'm here, win or lose, good or bad discussing Pitt. I don't go into hiding if I'm wrong like some dudes.
Dont always agree but you generally provide good discussion points to think about. Thats what makes the board interesting. If we all had the blue and gold shades on all the time it would get boring.

I personally think Pitt got screwed and that this team is at least as good or better than last years team. I think this years team was improving because the young pups were improving. Last year, I think Burton tried to do too much to carry the team and it hurt the overall team performance. Both teams provided entertaining basketball for sure.

And to your point, yes if Pitt beats the cuse or pulls out the game against Clemson and or Miami, they are in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT