ADVERTISEMENT

ACC men's basketball coach rankings

Protes

All American
Mar 23, 2003
Seriously, who comes up with this cr*p? What have Davis and Scheyer proven to be so high on this list??

Even if you consider Capels whole tenure here, 12th is low. I give him credit for turning around 0-19. Last two years he is top 5. He’s been able to turn teams around and also keep the players he wanted in age of NIL. At the end of the day, prove it on the court next year.

Seriously, who comes up with this cr*p? What have Davis and Scheyer proven to be so high on this list??

All things being equal (so very hard to judge Scheyer and Davis)

1. Tony Bennett
2. Jim Larranaga
3. Kyle Smith
4. Andy Enfield
5. Brad Brownell
6. Micah Shrewsbury
7. Jon Scheyer
8. Kevin Keatts
9. Jeff Capel
10. Steve Forbes
11. Earl Grant
12. Pat Kelsey
13. Mike Young
14. Hubert Davis
15. Leonard Hamilton
16. Adrian Autry
17. Mark Madsen
18. Damon Stoudemire

Reactions: hoclaw
Wait, is it for how they did in 2024? Beginning next season?

In what world can you judge a coach when they haven't coached in the league or with their team?

Wait, is it for how they did in 2024? Beginning next season?

In what world can you judge a coach when they haven't coached in the league or with their team?

It is a ranking of coaches. Coaches have coached basketball before so you can judge their coaching ability.

Even if you consider Capels whole tenure here, 12th is low. I give him credit for turning around 0-19. Last two years he is top 5. He’s been able to turn teams around and also keep the players he wanted in age of NIL. At the end of the day, prove it on the court next year.

If you consider his whole tenure he'd be in the "others receiving votes" category.

But this list is stupid, nonetheless.

Reactions: Scasten17
True, Shrewsberry's singular winning season is definitely enough to rank him middle of the pack.

He had a really young team in an old man's game at ND. He got PSU to the tournament. Do you know how hard that is to do? I did this based off like if an average ACC school had an opening, how would they rank the coaches assuming they would offer the job to the best coach and then move down the list.

He had a really young team in an old man's game at ND. He got PSU to the tournament. Do you know how hard that is to do? I did this based off like if an average ACC school had an opening, how would they rank the coaches assuming they would offer the job to the best coach and then move down the list.
Shrewsbury is a Top 5 ACC coach in my opinion. Hamilton that low is ridiculous.

JD is a big PSU person, so consider the source.
Incorrect, but you can’t ignore the fact that he got PSU to the tourney in his 2nd year at a school that has made something like 7 NCAA appearances ever. Also, his ND team was good at the end of the season.

Reactions: TD_6082
Incorrect, but you can’t ignore the fact that he got PSU to the tourney in his 2nd year at a school that has made something like 7 NCAA appearances ever. Also, his ND team was good at the end of the season.

I agree. Just watching his teams play, it's obvious he's a very good coach.

Reactions: JD1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT