ADVERTISEMENT

ACCT seeding

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
1-2 Miami/UVa. Miami owns the head to head but UVa has to lose 1 more for Miami to get the 1.

3. Pitt - this seems like a pretty safe bet.

4/5/6 - Clem/Duke/NC State. Clem is a half game up on NC State and 1 game up on Duke but they play NC State and UVa while NC State plays Duke and Duke still plays UNC. These 3 can finish in any order. Would be awesome if Clemson was the 6. That's a winnable game to get to the semi.

7/8/9 Syr/Wake/UNC

10/11/12 BC/VT/FSU - Clemson could very well lose to one of these teams meaning we would play a team playing their 3rd game in 3 days

13. GT
14. ND
15. Lou

Reactions: SteelBowl70
If Pitt goes 3-1, you're right. Pitt is the #3.

If Pitt somehow goes 4-0.... I predict Pitt will be the #1, because I think UVa has another loss in them. They've been squeaking by some bad teams lately.

Reactions: FireballZ

If Pitt somehow goes 4-0.... I predict Pitt will be the #1, because I think UVa has another loss in them. They've been squeaking by some bad teams lately.

Yea. I just think its a really safe bet for Pitt to lose 1 more. I mean what's the chances of them going 4-0? 10%?

For the record... Teamrankings has calculated Pitt's chance of getting the #1 seed at 11% this morning. Down from 21% before the VT game.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Pitt has a pretty good shot at this point to go 3-1 the rest of the way and win a game in the ACC Tournament. I still see no way they play in Dayton in the NCCA Tournament if they finish 3-1 and lose to Miami and happen to somehow lose their first game in the ACC Tournament. I think the worst they would drop to is a solid 10 seed maybe an 11 but it won’t be an 11 seed playing in the 1st Four in Dayton.

Pitt has a pretty good shot at this point to go 3-1 the rest of the way and win a game in the ACC Tournament. I still see no way they play in Dayton in the NCCA Tournament if they finish 3-1 and lose to Miami and happen to somehow lose their first game in the ACC Tournament. I think the worst they would drop to is a solid 10 seed maybe an 11 but it won’t be an 11 seed playing in the 1st Four in Dayton.
Jerry Palm list has a bunch of "bubble teams" listed at the end. Pitt isn't among them. Teams he has seeded as #8 seeds (like Rutgers and OK State) are in his list of bubble teams.

He considers Pitt as safely in.

He's just one guy, and not any more accurate than Lunardi though.

Jerry Palm list has a bunch of "bubble teams" listed at the end. Pitt isn't among them. Teams he has seeded as #8 seeds (like Rutgers and OK State) are in his list of bubble teams.

He considers Pitt as safely in.

He's just one guy, and not any more accurate than Lunardi though.

Pitt isnt on the bubble right now. A GT loss puts them on the bubble. Beat GT and lose to Syr and they are pretty safely in but maybe in Dayton.

If we go 4-0 I'll streak in my neighborhood.

Maybe less than 1%. They can go 4-0. Just saying that their chances of doing so is probably less than 10%

It's like 12.8% (or was according to the % we have to win each of the final four games remaining according to what someone posted yesterday).

The most likely outcome would be 2-2, I believe.

According to Team Rankings, it is:

9.2% - 4-0

26.6% - 3-1, loss to Mia
5.7% - 3-1, loss to ND
4.1% - 3-1, loss to Syr
1.7% - 3-1, loss to GT
------
38.1% - 3-1

16.4% - 2-2, loss to ND&Mia
12.1% - 2-2, loss to Syr&Mia
5.0% - 2-2, loss to GT&Mia
2.6% - 2-2, loss to Syr&ND