ADVERTISEMENT

Aliquippa, Clairton, and Woodland Hills

Umm........ the coastal is one of the easiest conferences out of all P5 schools. There’s no doubt Pitt should compete for a costal title once every 4 years. You name Miami and VT. Have you watched them play this year? Hardly Titian’s of college football lol

They are both very well coached.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Jimmy Franklin recruits for stars and rankings. HCPN recruits savages and players with intangibles you cant teach, like grit and hard work (Jimmy would know nothing about that at PED state).

Besides 3 games we let get away from us that we dominated in all areas besides the scoreboard (PSU, GT & NCST) and we should be sitting pretty at 7-2 and controlling our destiny in THE toughest division in the power 5.

That being said, I think we steal 2 of our last 3 games and end up going 7-5 and a trip to a decent bowl where I know for a fact we'll win because there is NO WAY HCPN is letting his panthers lose another bowl game. Then on top of that drives us into a good position to close out the 2018 recruiting class (where I see HCPN poaching away several commits from other programs: PED State, Michigan, Maryland).

Last but not least: HAIL 2 PUTT!!!

Umm........ the coastal is one of the easiest conferences out of all P5 schools. There’s no doubt Pitt should compete for a costal title once every 4 years. You name Miami and VT. Have you watched them play this year? Hardly Titian’s of college football lol
If you have watched college football this year, then you’d realize there’s a lot of parity. Outside of Bama - who are the Titans?

If you have watched college football this year, then you’d realize there’s a lot of parity. Outside of Bama - who are the Titans?
If you have watched enough of college football. You would realize VT and Miami are hardly invincible.

To take it a step further. I wouldn’t be shocked if we have a chance to beat both teams this year. Even though we are suffering a down year.

If we get some bounces to go our way. VT is slightly better than Miami. Regardless if Miami is undefeated to this point. Neither team as a explosive offense.

One decommit was a three-year starter at D-end at Northwestern. He would have helped.

Another was a two-year starter at linebacker at Iowa, likely starts every season at Pitt.

A safety who went to VTech was a four-year starter there. He, Hendricks, Pitts and Williams would have formed a terrific secondary.

Chestnut went to WVU and contributed. Terrific depth at corner for Pitt.

Belton would have helped, Nova wasn’t great but the OC could have found another QB.

The receiver who ended up at Toledo wasn’t great. There were some misses who ended up at Rutgers. The class was going to add more guys as well. It’s not like Dave was done recruiting.

The groundwork for 2012 was being laid and that was the killer, especially with O- and D-linemen. That and Wanny getting some PSU transfers.

We were going to get Keith Hamilton's son who had a great career at RU before being injured.

If you have watched enough of college football. You would realize VT and Miami are hardly invincible.

To take it a step further. I wouldn’t be shocked if we have a chance to beat both teams this year. Even though we are suffering a down year.

If we get some bounces to go our way. VT is slightly better than Miami. Regardless if Miami is undefeated to this point. Neither team as a explosive offense.
You did not answer the question. Outside of Bama - Who are the titans in college football?

Ummm....no it isn't. SEC East, BIG West, and the PAC South are far worse than the Coastal. Not to mention, there is a crossover each year with the Atlantic, which means L'Ville, FSU (down this year), and Clemson will also be on your schedule (and count towards your conference record) 3 out of every 7 years.

Narduzzi has caught some bad breaks with injuries and such. He is one of the best coaches in the country playing in the toughest P5 conference in the country. We have (or
Should have) won for all intents and purposes every game except Oklahoma State. He will get a few 4 star players before it's done with and we will go to a bowl game. There are very few coaches I would want over CPN.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
No I’m a realist. Fans like you are how we end up pushing out one of maybe the top 3 all time successful coaches at pitt.
Exactly - this is the type of attitude from fans that opened the door for Dixon’s exit. You’d think people would learn from past mistakes.

Narduzzi has caught some bad breaks with injuries and such. He is one of the best coaches in the country playing in the toughest P5 conference in the country. We have (or
Should have) won for all intents and purposes every game except Oklahoma State. He will get a few 4 star players before it's done with and we will go to a bowl game. There are very few coaches I would want over CPN.

What planet are you living on? I would in no way want to get rid of Duzz and think he is the right man for the job but he hasn't shown anything to suggest such a statement.

Out of curiousity, where would you rank Paul Chryst?

He has done a solid job at Wisconsin. He is definitely more intelligent than Narduzzi and I believe would have won at least 8 games the last couple years with the offense he built had he stayed at Pitt. I think Duzz is a significantly more enthusiastic recruiter and until lately had done a better job selling the program. I would have Chryst in the top 20 coaches with Duzz just outside of that probably.

Reactions: Pittfan85
Chryst is in the mix of hiring a coordinator and expecting them to learn how to coach on the job. Pitt was his training ground for Wisconsin. Maybe Narduzzi is doing the same for MSU or whatever but like most here I am rooting for him here. I'm fine with giving those sort of guys some time to figure it out (I think these two will -- but others like Fazio and Hackett never did make that transition to effective head coach from effective coordinator) because I realize we're not a blue blood anymore; but not all fans are going to be that patient. While they're learning how to run a program, it gives us time to evaluate what progress they do or don't make over several years at least.

Steve P really wanted someone with head coaching experience but also not to spend a ton of money, the worst combination because essentially you're going in cheap there for a lower level hire, which is at least part of why Haywood was such a bad choice even if we couldn't have predicted his behavior.

He has done a solid job at Wisconsin. He is definitely more intelligent than Narduzzi and I believe would have won at least 8 games the last couple years with the offense he built had he stayed at Pitt. I think Duzz is a significantly more enthusiastic recruiter and until lately had done a better job selling the program. I would have Chryst in the top 20 coaches with Duzz just outside of that probably.
Do u think we would have won 8 games with Voytik? Chryst lost some WTF games like Akron at home while Narduzzi has beaten the teams we were favored to beat.

Chryst is in the mix of hiring a coordinator and expecting them to learn how to coach on the job. Pitt was his training ground for Wisconsin. Maybe Narduzzi is doing the same for MSU or whatever but like most here I am rooting for him here. I'm fine with giving those sort of guys some time to figure it out (I think these two will -- but others like Fazio and Hackett never did make that transition to effective head coach from effective coordinator) because I realize we're not a blue blood anymore; but not all fans are going to be that patient. While they're learning how to run a program, it gives us time to evaluate what progress they do or don't make over several years at least.

Steve P really wanted someone with head coaching experience but also not to spend a ton of money, the worst combination because essentially you're going in cheap there for a lower level hire, which is at least part of why Haywood was such a bad choice even if we couldn't have predicted his behavior.
He did not spend a lot of money because he was forced to go cheap. Pitt is forced to go cheap because our donations are bottom of the barrel. Check out the Panther Club Booklet that was just sent out.

Do u think we would have won 8 games with Voytik? Chryst lost some WTF games like Akron at home while Narduzzi has beaten the teams we were favored to beat.

The worst team Narduzzi lost to is Northwestern in the bowl game last year when half the offense was knocked out of the game. None of his loses were to teams that finished under .500. Maybe Syracuse this year, and they are probably second.

PC lost to 3 (5-7) schools of which 2 were G5, 1 (6-7) school. and YSU.

Duzz loses include -

@ Penn State (7-1) L 14 33
Oklahoma State (7-1) L 21 59
@ Georgia Tech (4-3) L 17 35
@ Syracuse (4-4) L 24 27
North Carolina State (6-2) L 17 35
@ Oklahoma State (10-3) L 38 45
@ North Carolina (8-5) L 36 37
Virginia Tech (10-4) L 36 39
@ Miami (Florida) (9-4) L 28 51
Northwestern (7-6) L 24 31
@ Iowa (12-2) L 24 27
North Carolina (11-3) L 19 26
Notre Dame (10-3) L 30 42
Miami (Florida) (8-5) L 24 29
@Navy (11-2) L 28 44

Combined record of teams is (124 - 48). That's a 72% winning percentage or an average of a 9.5 win team.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiehardPanther
Exactly - this is the type of attitude from fans that opened the door for Dixon’s exit. You’d think people would learn from past mistakes.

I think you and I tend to agree on most things. I’m just not 100% sold on narduzzi.

If they finish strong this year, and the defense keeps improving I’ll be really close to all in. If they finish 6-6 I would be thrilled.

Then why do guys follow Pitt if you think the best they can do is win 8 games tops? Actually, it’s fans like you who hurt Pitt’s perception.

What’s sad is you folks really believe the garbage you throw out there.

Once again you flat out lie. The fans didn’t Let Dixon go. The AD did!

There were a few load mouths on here. However, if you believe they were the cause of Dixon leaving you need ur head checked.

They only thing level headed fans said about Dixon was his lack of recruiting his last 3 years.

I think you and I tend to agree on most things. I’m just not 100% sold on narduzzi.

If they finish strong this year, and the defense keeps improving I’ll be really close to all in. If they finish 6-6 I would be thrilled.
Wow........do you even read what you post lol!

You said the best Pitt can do is win 8 games tops. Then in this post you say your not sold on Narduzzi. Dude, Narduzzi already won 8 games back to back years lol. So by your expectations Narduzzi should be Vince Lombardi. Instead your not sold on him......ok?

You folks on the free board are funny

Last edited:
Then why do guys follow Pitt if you think the best they can do is win 8 games tops? Actually, it’s fans like you who hurt Pitt’s perception.

Because they are my team? I’m not some band wagon jumper who just follows bama.

I also am not a moron that thinks pitt should be contending for ACC and National championships.

Wow........do you even read what you post lol!

You said the best Pitt can do is win 8 games tops. Then in this post you say your not sold on Narduzzi. Dude, Narduzzi already won 8 games back to back years lol. So by your expectations Narduzzi should be Vince Lombardi. Instead your not sold on him......ok?

You folks on the free board are funny

I said when it looked like pitt may finish 2-10 narduzzi should get one more year.

I’m still not convinced he is the right guy. I still think he lived off the previous offensive recruits the first two years. We will see going forward.

Ok
Ummm....no it isn't. SEC East, BIG West, and the PAC South are far worse than the Coastal. Not to mention, there is a crossover each year with the Atlantic, which means L'Ville, FSU (down this year), and Clemson will also be on your schedule (and count towards your conference record) 3 out of every 7 years.
Ok.........lol. I am not talking about the ACC. Talking strictly the Coastal

Go on the national board. Ask what P5 division is the easiest year in and year out. You won’t like the answer.

I said when it looked like pitt may finish 2-10 narduzzi should get one more year.

I’m still not convinced he is the right guy. I still think he lived off the previous offensive recruits the first two years. We will see going forward.
No you said the most Pitt fans can expect is 8 wins tops. Then you say Your not sold on Narduzzi.

How can that be when he already won 8 games back to back. He’s already met your expectations.

If you can’t see the hypocrisy in what your postings I can’t help you.

Pitt is an 8-5 type program with a good coach. I have said that about 1000 times on here. What record do you expect Pitt to have on a consistent basis? What should their average record be?

You did not answer this question. Outside of Bama - Who are the titans in college football?

Last edited:
Example one of a delusional pitt fan.

He never said Pitt would win 8 games top. Just that they'd average that, which is realist. Some years will be below, some above.

Pitt is an 8-5 type program with a good coach. I have said that about 1000 times on here. What record do you expect Pitt to have on a consistent basis? What should their average record be?

You did not answer this question. Outside of Bama - Who are the titans in college football?
If you don’t think Ohio St, FSU, Clemson, USC, Alabama, Michigan are not blue bloods. This conversation has come to a conclusion. It’s obvious you only follow Pitt if you don’t think those schools I mentioned are not blue bloods. Which means titans of college football

If you don’t think Ohio St, FSU, Clemson, USC, Alabama, Michigan are not blue bloods. This conversation has come to a conclusion. It’s obvious you only follow Pitt if you don’t think those schools I mentioned are not blue bloods. Which means titans of college football
I never said who was or wasn’t, but it is interesting that you feel 2 of them come from the ACC, but yet bash VT and Miami. Miami was the most dominant program over a 25 year period and they are currently undefeated. VT won a lot of games under Beamer, and Fuente is a very good coach.

Everyone has bad luck with either injuries or high rated recruits busting. Pat bostic and Dustin pisciotti come to mind.
Right, and with the exception of about 5-10 programs, the teams that happens to are hurt badly.

Pitt isn't a strong and established enough program to withstand that kind of unforeseen attrition from a recruiting class. Few programs are.

Reactions: PittGuyYessir

I don't understand this portion of your response (in red) due to the double negative. Are you saying you believe those school are or are not blue bloods?

why would sean gilbert's college decision in the mid 80's effect where a kid from Aliquippa decides to go in 2017? I get that everyone in Aliquippa is related and that family tree really doesn't branch out but still, that's about 10 Head coaches ago from over 30 years in the past..

That's like saying all D1 prospects from Bethel Park should go to Pitt because Craig Gob went there in 1987.. yeah, I know, not one of you get this reference, im ok with this.

Reactions: Paulew
We've lost the last 4 big-time recruits from these once Pitt-friendly programs.

Selling the ACC, the best season in 30 years, renovated facilities, etc, WPIAL recruiting is at pre-Walt lows. You can blame a lot of things but the fact is that Walt, Wanny, and even Chryst recruited better locally than Narduzzi is.

If Pitt wants to be great, we have to land 70% of the WPIAL we offer. 50% is the absolute minimum requirement.

If we contine to struggle this bad locally, one has to wonder if its wise to continue to devote this many resources locally and perhaps its better to triple down on places like the south Florida, the DMV, and NJ.

LGM.

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT