ADVERTISEMENT

Allegheny County establishes Heinz Field fan rules

At yesterday's Covid-19 update, the Allegheny County health department director provided the following rules for fans attending games at Heinz Field, no yelling, no singing and no show of exuberance."

Only in Pennsylvania.

OK, that's pretty stupid.

i think i read a story about dolphins being allowed to sell out the place from FL governor but they declined, only doing 13k..

Were they the ones giving out free popcorn to fans so they could eat and not have masks on? Some team did this and now arent allowed to give out popcorn..

At yesterday's Covid-19 update, the Allegheny County health department director provided the following rules for fans attending games at Heinz Field, no yelling, no singing and no show of exuberance."

Only in Pennsylvania.
Is this for real?

i think i read a story about dolphins being allowed to sell out the place from FL governor but they declined, only doing 13k..

Were they the ones giving out free popcorn to fans so they could eat and not have masks on? Some team did this and now arent allowed to give out popcorn..

That sounds about right. Their governor is probably the biggest COVID denier. Coincidentally, their death rate (as a proportion of population) is greater than all European countries despite knowing full well of its severity since they were "hit" several months after Europe and NY.

Only in Pennsylvania.
I usually get half a chubb when Pitt actually holds a lead for a win while wearing Pitt79 style Zubaz pants...wonder if that counts under the exuberance showing clause..

I'll tell ya what, if this virus is so infectious that i can't sing along with stacys mom after the Pitt band plays it for the 900th consecutive event in an open air stadium at 10% capacity without getting someone sick, then we have no hope for being safe.

I'll tell ya what, if this virus is so infectious that i can't sing along with stacys mom after the Pitt band plays it for the 900th consecutive event in an open air stadium at 10% capacity without getting someone sick, then we have no hope for being safe.

Actually, now that I think of it, if this prevents the Pitt band kids from singing "They Say I'm Just a Friend" during the visiting team's FT's at The Pete, I can get on board with it.

I’ve been wondering just how badly the stadium and team people really want fans. Any limit is a huge challenge for “right sizing” the services. I don’t know anything about running a stadium but you’d have to seriously consider what capacity you’d want to deal with based on how you operate the place.

Only in Pennsylvania.
Not sure where you are seeing this, but these rules are not mentioned in any articles I have seen about games at Heinz, including this week’s Steelers game. Nor are they on the Heinz Field website.

Reactions: NTOP
Comments were made by the county Heath director at county executive Fitzgerald's weekly Covid-19 briefing in response to a Heinz Field attendance question.
The video of this most recent briefing , for whatever reason, was taken off of the Allegeny county homepage.
I

That sounds about right. Their governor is probably the biggest COVID denier. Coincidentally, their death rate (as a proportion of population) is greater than all European countries despite knowing full well of its severity since they were "hit" several months after Europe and NY.
Wrong. New Jersey has the highest death rate. New York is 2nd.
Florida is 12th.

Not sure where you are seeing this, but these rules are not mentioned in any articles I have seen about games at Heinz, including this week’s Steelers game. Nor are they on the Heinz Field website.
But it's such fun to shred it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT