ADVERTISEMENT

Where Pitt fits into conference realignment, an analysis

I blame the recruiting services for some of it. Clearly there are a ton of talented kids from Florida and South Florida in particular. I think some guys get bigger ratings down there because of their speed or because of how they test out in artificial drills, only to get to college and you find out they can't really play the game at a high level. Miami seems to land a lot of these guys.
Good point. Take Calijah Kancey for instance. Miami and FSU do not offer him. If they do, he’s a 4 Star player instead of a 3 Star player.

Reactions: pittdan77
I get the skepticism because we’ve heard the U is back for the last 20 years. I think this year is different. Miami was the better team in almost every game last year but untimely mistakes sunk them.

Miami has top 3 o-lines and d-lines in the ACC and elite athletes. They also have a QB made for the air raid and are one year older. I think they start putting it together.
They have the same coach.

Mostly from their own fan bases. That was sort of where I was coming from. We had a visitor here last fall telling us how Miami was turning the corner. They did not.
I disagree, Miami was much improved from 2022 to 2023.

Mostly from their own fan bases. That was sort of where I was coming from. We had a visitor here last fall telling us how Miami was turning the corner. They did not.

But that’s probably true of every fanbase. Hope springs eternal for everybody. Go back to the 2023 season prediction thread on this board. Just massive amounts of delusion. That’s what being a fan is. Every fan base just doesn’t visit the board.

Because they beat an overrated (again) A&M and didn't lose to Middle Tennessee State? You understand that this sort of proves the point I was making?
They improved significantly on offense and defense, especially their lines where they were a mess in 2022. You don’t think Mauigoa and Bain made a difference last year?

They beat Clemson who they lost to by 30 the previous year. Lost at undefeated FSU by a touchdown which they lost by 42 at home in 2022. They were competitive in every game in 2023 which cannot be said about 2022.

They improved significantly on offense and defense, especially their lines where they were a mess in 2022. You don’t think Mauigoa and Bain made a difference last year?

They beat Clemson who they lost to by 30 the previous year. Lost at undefeated FSU by a touchdown which they lost by 42 at home in 2022. They were competitive in every game in 2023 which cannot be said about 2022.
Not sure I'd be doing victory laps over the Clemson win. Maybe you should be on their board telling the fan base to calm down because they're already over Cristobal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT