ADVERTISEMENT

Amadasun

Do you think he can match the production of Malcolm Gilbert, Alonzo Nelson Ododa, Rafael Maia, Shaq Doorson, Joe Uchebo, Peace Ilegomah, and Rozelle Nix? Looking at one highlight film, I'd say the odds are good. He can run the court and elevate. He has center size. Let's see what he can do.

We have been forced to use guys like Ryan Luther and Talib Zanna at the five for years because we haven't had a true center. Amadasun is as good on paper as every one of the center recruits listed above. And Gary McGhee, Toree Morris, and Aaron Gray (who was only offered by Rutgers).

Welcome Max!
Well if he reached all of their totals combined, he might average about 8 points and 5 rebounds a game.

So I certainly hope he's better than all of them, and like I said, I'll trust Capel because he knows what he's doing.

FWIW...Amadasun was just rated by 247 as #344, which is in between where Brown (322) and George were (420). As a whole, with 3 recruits, we are now up to number 27 in class rankings. Stallings class of 7 players finished ranked 51....

Reactions: HOF Coach
FWIW...Amadasun was just rated by 247 as #344, which is in between where Brown (322) and George were (420). As a whole, with 3 recruits, we are now up to number 27 in class rankings. Stallings class of 7 players finished ranked 51....

Amadasun appears to exhibit way more athleticism than either of those two guys--what he lacks can be taught over time presumably if he works hard. That is why he is considered to have a high ceiling. This shows Capel seems to know what he is doing. When you recruit guys not rated very high you need to weigh athleticism a lot higher than current skill level.

Well if he reached all of their totals combined, he might average about 8 points and 5 rebounds a game.

So I certainly hope he's better than all of them, and like I said, I'll trust Capel because he knows what he's doing.

Doorson was never on campus or on the team as I recall. So, I wouldn't count his 0-0 production for Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT