ADVERTISEMENT

Another heartbreaking L for Men's soccer

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Lost to #5 UNC in the final minute of double OT after outplaying them in OT.

Kizza scored relatively early for Pitt. Then Pitt, which had started with a back 5, really didn't take many chances and tried to see out the 1-0 win. UNC really didn't have any good scoring chances in the 90 minutes outside of their goal. Pitt had the better chances in OT but UNC got the goal.

Reminds me a lot of the OT loss to UVa last year.

To the naked eye, Pitt and UNC looked similarly talented. I might even say Pitt looked more talented but they keep losing games by 1 goal to really good teams. They are going to have to win one of them. The ACC, especially the Coastal is ridiculous. They are going to have to go 3-5 and win the rest of their non-cons to get in I think but that is doable.

Boy do I have a dislike for unc. They seem to have our number in most sports

Reactions: jctrack

that's b/c they take athletics seriously and we don't.

the boys at least won today. team is likely another year away from breaking through. hopefully they can string a few more together.

Reactions: jctrack

the boys at least won today. team is likely another year away from breaking through. hopefully they can string a few more together.
As referenced above, Coach seems willing to try to win every game 1-0.

VCU was picked 2nd in the A10 but they did get pounded by National title contendor Indiana 5-0. Still, a win is a win. From the stats, it appears VCU outplayed them. Pitt's defense appears solid. They have 2 grad transfers at Center Back but they are definitely lacking a scoring punch. Their home game vs NC State has been canceles due to the hurricane.

Reactions: pitt90seven
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT