ADVERTISEMENT

Antonio Bryant and Current Recruiting

rockypanther

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001
Thinking about the recruit from yesterday reminded me of Antonio Bryant who we basically took a flier in and was our last commit that year. Really only knew of him because he was teammates with Torrie Cox.

Also, players like Dion Lewis. Andrew Taglinetti, and more recently the great George Aston. And my personal favorite Ramon the Night Stalker Walker. None of these guys were highly recruited. And there are others.

There are also many high star guys that didn’t live up to the hype going back to Tony Zimmerman, Dustin Piccotti, Pat Bostick and others.

The issue though I see is that we have to look at recruiting classes as a whole. And really look st two consecutive and even 3 consecutive classes because each class has different positional needs.

So the question in my mind, is in the last 3 recruiting classes, not looking at individual players, but as position groups, do we have the talent and depth to be successful in the next few seasons.

It is not a perfect science for any of us posters to make a solid evaluation. The best we can do is watch highlight tapes, recruiting stars, and the P5 offers extended to our commits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News